Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

gamer19

Reaction score

NASA to Discuss Status of Artemis I Moon Mission​

NASA will hold a media teleconference at 3 p.m. EDT on Monday, April 18, to discuss the status of the next wet dress rehearsal test of the agency’s Space Launch System (SLS) rocket and Orion spacecraft at Launch Complex 39B at the agency’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida ahead of the uncrewed Artemis I lunar mission.

Due to upgrades required at an off-site supplier of gaseous nitrogen used for the test, NASA will take advantage of the opportunity to roll SLS and Orion back to the Vehicle Assembly Building to replace a faulty upper stage check valve and a small leak on the tail service mast umbilical. During that time, the agency also will review schedules and options to demonstrate propellant loading operations ahead of launch.

The teleconference will stream live on the agency’s website.

Teleconference participants include:
  • Tom Whitmeyer, deputy associate administrator for common exploration systems development, NASA Headquarters in Washington
  • Charlie Blackwell-Thompson, Artemis launch director, NASA Exploration Ground Systems program, Kennedy
  • Mike Sarafin, Artemis mission manager, NASA Headquarters

To participate by telephone, media must RSVP no later than two hours prior to the start of the event to: [email protected].

Through Artemis missions, NASA will land the first woman and the first person of color on the Moon, paving the way for a long-term lunar presence and serving as a steppingstone to send astronauts to Mars.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-discuss-status-of-artemis-i-moon-mission
:unsure:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
From earlier today, Crawler Transporter-2(CT-2) approaching the ML for rollback to the VAB as early as tomorrow afternoon. As of right now, CT-2 is in position beneath the ML.

Attachments

• CT2_approaching_SLS_ML_rollback.jpg
    CT2_approaching_SLS_ML_rollback.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 4

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
If I had to guess, launch is now NET August.
Until recently I was thinking July, but you're probably right. There are still, at least, 3 Crawler trips and 1 tanking test do be made, plus whatever is discovered in the meantime... a Fall launch isn't that far fetched. :rolleyes:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
At this point one or two more years make little difference ?