Problem Solar system I'm working on is causing a crash to desktop

E

ex-orbinaut

I'm having problems with another system I'm working on. It causes a crash to desktop on launch as the earlier one did.

I've tried to narrow down the fault by switching the planets 'on and off' one at a time but have had no luck. I'm posting a 'no textures' version of the system below in the hope that someone can identify the mistake I've made. This is mildly frustrating as I thought I had learned enough to avoid this sort of thing.

Wanted to have a look to see what the glitch might be, but don't seem to be able to unpack the zip, neither with Winzip or Winrar. Check see, please?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
No problem unpacking here. Must be on your end.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I'm having problems with another system I'm working on. It causes a crash to desktop on launch as the earlier one did.
Works fine when you change planet numbers to start from 1 in Sol_Uderzo.cfg:
Code:
; === Configuration file for solar system ===
Name = Uderzo System

Star1 = Uderzo
;Planet1 = Uderzo Belt I
;Planet2 = Uderzo Belt II
Planet[color=red]1[/color] = Obelix
Planet[color=red]2[/color] = Asterix
Planet[color=red]3[/color] = Miraculix
Planet[color=red]4[/color] = Dogmatix
The first two planets were commented out, so they weren't parsed by Orbiter, and first read planet was Planet3.

E

ex-orbinaut

No problem unpacking here. Must be on your end.

That's strange. I downloaded an add on just to test (145 year shuttle tour) and all was fine with that. Then downloaded this attachment again from scratch, and still "zilcho". It says it is an "unknown method".

Thought, I am running XP SP3, not Vista. Could be that?

Anyway, never mind. Orb seems to have solved it... :).

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
That's strange. I downloaded an add on just to test (145 year shuttle tour) and all was fine with that. Then downloaded this attachment again from scratch, and still "zilcho". It says it is an "unknown method".

Thought, I am running XP SP3, not Vista. Could be that?
I unpacked it with 7-zip plugin for FAR Manager, also on XP SP3 (Media Center Edition), so it's not an operating system, but extractor problem. However I haven't tried it yet with Windows' zip filter to check if that would extract it without problems.

Once people couldn't extract with WinZip my (deflated) zips created by 7-zip archiver, by also giving "unknown method" error, but that was a long time ago, and I thought it's been fixed since then either on 7-zip (compressing) or WinZip (decompressing) side.

Graham2001

Reaction score
Works fine when you change planet numbers to start from 1 in Sol_Uderzo.cfg:
Code:
; === Configuration file for solar system ===
Name = Uderzo System

Star1 = Uderzo
;Planet1 = Uderzo Belt I
;Planet2 = Uderzo Belt II
Planet[color=red]1[/color] = Obelix
Planet[color=red]2[/color] = Asterix
Planet[color=red]3[/color] = Miraculix
Planet[color=red]4[/color] = Dogmatix
The first two planets were commented out, so they weren't parsed by Orbiter, and first read planet was Planet3.

Thanks, might renumber the belts to 5 & 6 position. Not planning to have them available right away.

Back to an earlier question, does anyone know how to get a star to display the correct size?