Some crazy thoughts about the Universe

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This are not scientific facts!
Only my personal theory i would public here!

I have not checked all this stuff seriously!

So lets start:
1. How big is the Universe?
I believe, it is infinite and also it's mass must be infinite.
Some people says, it's 13.75 billion light years in it's diameter.
Thats true, but only for the "visible" Universe.

If we accept that each point in the Universe is equal (homogen) in the beginning of the Universe and each points has the same laws, then each point must have the same number of neighbour "points".
So for me, the only logical consequence is, that the Universe must be infinite!?

2. Why the Universe in the beginning has not endet into a black hole?
If all the mass was concentrated into a single point, why there was not a single, gigant black hole born just in the begining?

Some logical answer are:
a: The space has been growed faster than the speed of light. (this is an accepted theory)

b: We ARE in a black hole because the Universe IS a black hole of a top Universe!?

c: both, a+b

3. Are there stars traveling faster than the speed of light away from us?

My mind: Yes! Because if not so, and the Universe is infinite, then it should be verry verry hot here, because more and more stars should came into our view sending their energy to us. But the opposit case is true: More and more galaxy are traveling faster and faster away from us. If they reach the speed of light, than they would be invisible for us.
(Olberssches Paradoxon)

4. What we see, if we would be able to look further and further into the Universe?

A Sigularty! The sigularty of the big bang. If we look far enogh, we should see the big bang! I know that it is not possible, but why not? Is the singularty of the big bang travelling faster away from us as the speed of light? If so, then could it be possible, that this is the reason of the dark energy? Because if all around us there is infinite mass, than that mass will attract all the galaxys around us away from us! (Yes i know thats crazy)

5. If we would able to travel into a black hole, the time outsite the black hole goes faster and faster right? If so, then the question is: Would we be able to see the end of the universe in our lifetime? If so, and the space would grow faster and faster (big rip theory), than we never reach the black hole before the ending of the Universe.
So the question is, how can any atom reach the "center" of the black hole before the universe has ended?

Thats so crazy thoughts to me! All around us, there is a single singularty, how that can be? Or are i'm complete wrong? Thats so crazy stuff for me!

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
My beliefs
1. The universe is probably finite, based on the Big Bang and the expansion of the universe.
2. a. The universe is expanding very fast
3. Stars are not moving away faster than the speed of light, but space is.
4. I really don't know. Maybe more of the same, maybe dark matter, maybe antimatter.
5. Falling into a black hole, everything around you should slow down infinitely. (pretending you weren't ripped to pieces and squished together with a bunch of stars) So that from your perspective, the universe literally takes forever to end.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
So lets start:
1. How big is the Universe?
I believe, it is infinite and also it's mass must be infinite.
Some people says, it's 13.75 billion light years in it's diameter.
Thats true, but only for the "visible" Universe.

Nope, the observable universe is 46 billion light-years in radius. The radius of the entire universe is estimated to be somewhere around 200 billion light years, if you take a statistical average of the various attempts to measure and calculate it.

Sorry, but your post comes across as an uneducated, mysticist rant.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It's because time has historically not been all that constant in its rate of passage.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
My beliefs
1. The universe is probably finite, based on the Big Bang and the expansion of the universe.
2. a. The universe is expanding very fast
3. Stars are not moving away faster than the speed of light, but space is.
4. I really don't know. Maybe more of the same, maybe dark matter, maybe antimatter.
5. Falling into a black hole, everything around you should slow down infinitely. (pretending you weren't ripped to pieces and squished together with a bunch of stars) So that from your perspective, the universe literally takes forever to end.

The big bang theory has nothing to do with the universe being finite. It is a common misconception that the theory states the WHOLE universe was once a tiny point, actually this is just to help people visualize it. The observable universe is infinite and homogeneous. The actual "big bang" was not radiating from some point as this would indicate that the universe has a "center" which we have determined to be a false statement. In other words, the big bang was EVERYWHERE all at once. To our knowledge, you cannot travel to the center of the universe.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I believe many to most scientists in the last 50+ years have determined that the universe is likely finite. Though the big bang was everywhere, everywhere did expand. There very well may be a "center"; it just won't be the point of the big bang.

Keatah

Reaction score
I believe that we are way way too inadequate and small to completely and comprehensively understand the true nature of the universe. If we say the universe is ~ 200 billion light years in radius, hahahaha. Well now, you can always add a few more kilometers to that. BECAUSE, what is beyond the 200B-ly "barrier" or "outer marker" ??

Ahh, the age-old question of how infinity comes into play arises!

Just for a moment, imagine, you are the Captain of a superluminal vessel that can get you to the edge of the known universe and back home in time for dinner. What lies beyond the point where you make a U-turn to head home?? Another 200 billion ly?? Did you bring an extra drop-tank for more fuel?? hehhe

Well now, what happens when you get to the edge, can you go further? Do you cease to exist? What strange things might happen??

Last edited:

Sar

Reaction score
1. How bis is the universe?

Universe must be finite; in the infinite universe, infinite possibilities must exist. therefore carnivorous pineapples the size of a house.

2. Why the Universe in the beginning has not ended into a black hole?

I'm somewhat leaning towards believing that we are the result of a black hole in a multiverse thus we'd be getting more matter in a somewhat constant manner.

No

4. What we see, if we would be able to look further and further into the Universe?

More of the same stuff we see at the moment. Don't know about the edge, but logically thinking we'd see less and less towards the edge, if we accept that the border expands faster than the speed of light and no star can exceed C then there oughta be a void space between the stars closest to the edge and the edge it self. Not sure what the edge would look like though, probably wouldn't look like anything. Might be fun if it was a transparent blubbery wall of something and we could see all the universes floating in multiverse. With what logic we'd be able to see that I cannot answer, neither I can answer how we'd be able to see the edge either.

My two cents.

Ask me again in few years if I get to the university, I might actually know more than classical mechanics by then :D

Keatah

Reaction score
I wonder if the latticework of foam (which a lot of folks say is expanding faster than light at the edges) undergoes a tau phase transition where our current version of relativity has no meaning.

By the way, it is changes in densities *IN* this foam that represent knots of matter and the classical sub-atomic particle.

FTL travel will most likely happen in an energy efficient manner once scientists learn to access and manipulate the grid/lattice. Sort of like being able to take matter & energy and reposition it by removing/replacing it.

I suppose our technology with LHC is pretty pathetic and would be akin to dissecting an ant by dropping a bowling ball on it. The equivalent level of advancement we'd need would be to graduate to replacing joints in the ant's legs and doing eye transplants.

But rest assured, bigger rockets and bigger engines ain't gonna cut it. They are just re-arrangements of the existing lattice. It needs to be severed and re-built below the sub-atomic level.

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

No, but it's a common misconception. There are no galaxies that are moving faster than light relative to us, but there are galaxies that APEAR to move faster than light away from EACH OTHER when observed from OUR FRAME OF REFERENCE.

Everything written in capital letters here is an important condition to understand the phenomenon. It means that we might see a galaxy moving away from us in one direction at 0.6 c, and another galaxy going the opposite way at 0.6 c. We could therefore think that these galaxies are moving away from each other at 1.2 c, i.e. faster than light. Which is indeed a false conclusion, because adding relativistic speeds is somewhat counterintuitive. I don't have it all handy in my head currently, but if memory serves me right, I could be in one of those galaxies and look at the other galaxy and would notice that it is only moving away at something like 0.8 c, so not faster than light.

The whole thing is called "apearent FTL travel", and sounds very paradoxical at first, but makes perfect sense once you bother with special relativity. Which is quite a long time ago for me, so I can't explain it in detail, but I remember it making sense at the time I could... :)

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I believe many to most scientists in the last 50+ years have determined that the universe is likely finite. Though the big bang was everywhere, everywhere did expand. There very well may be a "center"; it just won't be the point of the big bang.

I don't know where you get this information from but compared with modern astrophysics this statement is false. There was no "point" of the big bang and modern ideas suggest there IS NO CENTER. It is expanding, but not in any direction. Even something that is "infinite" can be finite in other ways. Take for example a 2D plane. The plane is infinite, but has a quality of seeming rather limited or finite when compared to an infinite 3D volume.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You people need to stop watching Star Trek and admit that we don't know!

We'll learn in time, but not by sitting in our comfy chairs and hopelessly speculate on the matter.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
yes but distinguishing between ultimate truth and understanding basic concepts of modern theory are two different things

Mister Mxyzptlk

Reaction score
Since everything is relative why does the universe have to expand? I postulate that spacetime isn't expanding but that matter is SHRINKING in on itself and thus giving the illusion that space is expanding.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Since everything is relative why does the universe have to expand? I postulate that spacetime isn't expanding but that matter is SHRINKING in on itself and thus giving the illusion that space is expanding.

I postulate that you're using eloquent language and educated-sounding terminology to inundate your readership with a false idea about your erudition on the matter at hand.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know where you get this information from but compared with modern astrophysics this statement is false. There was no "point" of the big bang and modern ideas suggest there IS NO CENTER. It is expanding, but not in any direction. Even something that is "infinite" can be finite in other ways. Take for example a 2D plane. The plane is infinite, but has a quality of seeming rather limited or finite when compared to an infinite 3D volume.
Should it be sphere-like, it has a center, but that isn't "where" the big bang happened I know. I'm probably mistaken but I thought the holographic principle expects the universe to be somewhat spherical.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
It can be sphere-like without a center. Take for example the Earth. You will say 'Yes, but it has a center, deep under.' Well, good luck trying to find the center of the Earth... just by walking on it. The center is in another dimension; from your point of view, it doesn't exist. The universe can be spherical, but the center can be in another dimension.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
It can be sphere-like without a center. Take for example the Earth. You will say 'Yes, but it has a center, deep under.' Well, good luck trying to find the center of the Earth... just by walking on it. The center is in another dimension; from your point of view, it doesn't exist. The universe can be spherical, but the center can be in another dimension.
Yes, I understand what you mean. (at least I think I do: the universe may wrap around itself) My post was assuming that it does not. (maybe too much of an assumption but reasonable for some things)
All in all, I'm willing to drop the subject. It was just a quick post of an opinion. The shape of the universe is still speculation.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

This really isn't much different than saying that the Earth doesn't rotate, the stars and planets revolve around the Earth in a complex way.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Hi,
the most of you answered this question with "No".

But i still belief "yes" or "they should be traveling the same speed than the speed of light away from us", and i can tell you why:

On one site, there is the "inflation theory", witch says that in the beginning, the space has been grown faster than the speed of light.

So if this was possible in the beginning, than it's also possible today. (Why not if the distance is high enogh?)

That is no contradictory to Einsteins relativity theory.
Einstein only say, that no object can be accelerate to a speed faster than the speed of light from the point of view of the "startpoint".

The theory dosen't say, that the space can not grow faster than the speed of light.

Of course, these stars (if they are) are invisible from our point of view.

Next argument why i belief this is the "Olberssches Paradoxon".
This paradoxon says, that it is impossible, that the universe is endless old and endless in diameter, because else, in each direction must be a star and so it can't be dark in the night.

So if the Universe is infity (like i belief this, because i can't imagine that the universe has a "border". Some further arguments you can read in my first post), than in each direction should also be a star. But this is not, becuase some stars are travelling so fast away from us, that they are more and more shifted into red, than infrared, microwave, and then,if they reach a speed "nearly / faster / equal" than the speed of light, than they are invisible for our eyes.

This is physically possible if the light is invisible, because Einsteins theory only says, that there can't be an object faster then the speed of light witch interact with objects slower than the speed of light.

The "Olberssches Paradoxon" says only, that the Universe can't be endless old AND endless in diameter. So one part is possible. And i belief, that it's endless in diameter, and that the beginning of time was the "big bang".

But i'm not sure in all of this points but one thing is clear to me:
If you look further and further into the universe, then the stars are travelling faster and faster away from us. (Edwin Hubble discovert this).

So if the Universe is infinite, you always can look further to a point, until the speed of light is NEARLY reached.

So now it becomes crazy to my own thesis:
If the speed of light is "NEARLY" is reached by these stars / galaxies, then the mass of these objects must be "NEARLY" infinity. (Einsteins theory says).
And then, the G of this objects is attracting all other galaxis around us, so they are travelling away from us!
And THIS is the reason of the dark energy and the reason, why the universe is expanding! :tiphat: :thumbup:
(Sorry i know this is totaly crazy but why it's not possible?)

Attachments

• expandtheory.jpg
    expandtheory.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wait, what? :blink: