Songs to listen to while flying

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What is with all the full stops at in the title?

Robsoie

Reaction score
Some of my Orbiter playlist :

Frank Sinatra - Fly me to the moon

Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings

Vangelis - the end theme music of Blade Runner

Richard Strauss - Also sprach Zarathustra

Ryuichi Sakamoto - the musical theme of Furyo (Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence)

Carl Orff - Carmina Burana (O Fortuna)

Mozart - Dies Irae (with choirs)

Trevor Jones - Last of the Mohicans theme (the music with drums, violons, then orchestra of one of the most awesome movie battle and atmospheric scene i ever saw) Just see
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SoeDAPj6gg
(i just love that music)

Beethoven - Ode to Joy (the choir version, i don't really like listening to the music alone of this)

Clint Mansell - Requiem for a dream

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Innagottadavida? Seriously? It's an awesome song, and it makes me feel stoned just listening to it, but it seems a weird fit for Orbiter. Whatever works!

Check this out, it's Iron Butterfly playing it in 1999. The guitar solo is epic acid rock.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNirSSQJ2hI&feature=related

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
Innagottadavida? Seriously? It's an awesome song, and it makes me feel stoned just listening to it, but it seems a weird fit for Orbiter. Whatever works!

Check this out, it's Iron Butterfly playing it in 1999. The guitar solo is epic acid rock.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNirSSQJ2hI&feature=related

Nice!
Ya it's whatever works when it comes to music and Orbiter. I sure can't focus on a conversation and get into fast music at the same time, but something about the intense focus of rapid flight planning and a fast song to give rails to the train of thought makes the flight planning both far faster and much more enjoyable. Like fast mogul skiing to a fast song, but in that case it's constantly scanning and processing the path through several moguls ahead and getting into almost a trance with the focus.

Jiblet

Reaction score
And an old .mod file from the old Demo/scream tracker days called eagle.mod. It's a really cool techno-ish track with clips from the Lunar Landing ("Tranquility base here, the Eagle has landed" "Roger Tranquility, we copy on the ground" and others)

Oh me oh my, that sounds VERY much like a tracker I had on my old Archimedes back in the day, and that I've been searching on and off (mostly off) for now for about 13 years.

Long shot, but you wouldn't happen to know what it's called, or be able to let me know where I can get it would you?

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Most of my songs are classical. Here they are:

1812 Overture- Peter Tchaikovsky
Also Sparach Zarakthustra- Richard Strauss
Blue Danube- Johann Strauss
Internationale- Orchestra of the Ministry of Defence
The Flight of the Phoenix- De Vol
Ride of the Valkyries- ______ Wagner
William Tell Overture- ______ Rossini

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
I only listen to the Battlestar Galactica Soundtrack when playing Orbiter. That's especially fancy when using Rag Tag Fleet :)

Kveldulf

Reaction score
I just started listening to the band Earth. Very minimalistic, calm music, and the band is responsible for the "Drone Metal" genre.

Youtube has a playlist of their album HEX; Or Printing In The Infernal Method available here

Nighthawke

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My musical preferences span a wide range. For use with Orbiter, here's a partial list:

Rock:
Europe
Rush
Bon Jovi
AC/DC
Pink Floyd
Blue Oyster Cult
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Boston
Journey
Yngwie Malmsteen
Joe Satriani

Toby Keith
Trace Adkins
Sara Evans

Classical:
Mozart
Bach
Vivaldi

Movie Sountrack:
Iron Eagle
Top Gun
Days of Thunder
Maximum Overdrive
Firebirds
The Right Stuff

For Apollo missions:
Any Vietnam-era rock. (America, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Cream, etc.)

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There's a trip-hop kind of song called Brighton Beach by Telepopmusik, which I just heard on Pandora.com.

We were just half friendsOccupying the lightSometimes Brighton BeachSometimes half awakeI thought we shared this songTill I heard you give the lineTo another girl with a sparkle in her eyesWhy can't you go find yourselfAnd make me want to know youWhy can't you go find yourselfAnd make me want to show youOh, I listen to your storiesI smile when you take a breakBut the dark is working overtimeCan you just see me meltWhat are we thinking herePretending we’re so closeThink we’re something specialWell I’m giving up the ghost

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Jimi Hendrix-SPanish Castle Magic.

PaulG

Reaction score
Is that one for during reentry when you realized that you were over zealous with the reentry angle and you see the hull temp turning red?

:rofl:

Some of my Orbiter playlist :

Carl Orff - Carmina Burana (O Fortuna)

Robsoie

Reaction score
I did that stunt more than once :D

But for that situation, a good Midnight Oil - "Beds are burning"
... fits it better ;)

Cerebus

Lurking
Donator
Reaction score
Oh me oh my, that sounds VERY much like a tracker I had on my old Archimedes back in the day, and that I've been searching on and off (mostly off) for now for about 13 years.

Long shot, but you wouldn't happen to know what it's called, or be able to let me know where I can get it would you?

I think this is the You are looking for, http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=40663

easier to find than my favourite Mod, Tellus Vasta, that took me almost a year to track down....

Other Mods I like to listen to include:

Destination Mars.xm
Hiroshima.xm
Wasteland.xm (personal remix of Wasteland.mod)

Last edited: