Project Soyuz 7k.dll

diogom

Reaction score
Hum.. there's no indication in the MWS, so it seems the Hatch is closed. And no matter how much I press D, and wait, the jettison key will do nothing.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Or opening, the warning means that it isn't sealed, IMHO...

Yes, when the micro-switches at the hatch signal that it is no longer properly sealed. Which is open, in the sense of not closed.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Alpha v0.11 released. Issues #001, #002, #003 & #005 should be fixed.

diogom

Reaction score
Been looking at the BO pressure values on the HUD, no-change. Stranded in orbit. Either that, or some bold attempts that result in fryed cosmonauts :p

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Been looking at the BO pressure values on the HUD, no-change. Stranded in orbit. Either that, or some bold attempts that result in fryed cosmonauts
(Issue#10)

Confirmed, there is something wrong, the BO depressurization system is failing. It was working is some precedent pre-alphas. Will be a priority. Is the tracking system working fine with the new alpha ?

-> Search and Destroy that nasty BO pressure bug. -> got it !, should probably solve the EVA issues as well (more testing time required)

Last edited:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Only got time for a quick test of the latest version. Can confirm the overall robust performance, no CTDs or random performance.:tiphat:

BO depressurization, EVA and hatch are either confusing (lack of clear indication of what's going on) or bugged. I was able to EVA by just pressing 1 or 2.

Couldn't jettison the orbital module, perhaps because I'm not doing things on the proper sequence.

As for the rest, telemetry looks good and handling is cool (don't like the "smoke" effect on the RCS, but that artistic license :thumbup:).

The VC needs to be adjusted. The camera position is not correct, it needs to move forward I think. Otherwise the panorama will be distorted. For extra realism I think that the VC should only be selectable during launch and reentry. For the orbital operations and EVA the "vizor" (simulated by the Orbiter default camera) is better.

Outstanding work! :cheers: I don't have much time this week, sorry, but when possible I'll give more feedback.

Przemek77

Soyuz pilot
Reaction score
For extra realism I think that the VC should only be selectable during launch and reentry. For the orbital operations and EVA the "vizor" (simulated by the Orbiter default camera) is better.
But I think that VC should be selectable during all time of flight.

It is possible that the HUD and VC will be visible in one moment - just like in older versions of Shuttle Fleet?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
For extra realism I think that the VC should only be selectable during launch and reentry. For the orbital operations and EVA the "vizor" (simulated by the Orbiter default camera) is better.

I'm not sure of that, in fact I find that the VC itself is a good navigation tool : looking by the windows allows you to orientate the craft on horizon quite precisely (during daylight). ;)

What somehow lacks is a real "3-D" dimension : it would be better to have the texture applied to a sphere of the SA internal dimensions, and model important features like the seats, the cosmonauts, & the control panel (that could be animated with needles that way).

But we'll see that later, it fits in the eye-candy category ;)

The EVA issue is currently under research (see previous posts), I'm confident it will be solved easily.

About the thruster exhausts : they are currently exagerated for debug purposes.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Release v0.12 alpha out.

Issue#04 fixed : EVA should work as it was supposed to. User manual has been updated with a complete section about EVA.

Issue#10 fixed : BO can now be depressurized, allowing EVA and BO jettison.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

I think I got another one : switching between VC and Vzor in reentry mode (SA only) causes all the meshes to reappear.
(Issue#011).

Probably another problem with the "SoyuzState" variable.

-> Will check it everywhere it is related to meshes display. -> related mesh issues fixed, VC will be re-introcuded later. Whole state and save/load system re-coded.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Just performed a nice reentry & landing 300 km East of Baikonur, after nearly 48 hours on a 320x350 km orbit. And squished a few bugs on the way :p

On the good path !

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

EDIT2: The astronaut EVA keybinding is too easily pressed (just 1 & 2).
(Issue #012)

Was related to another issue, now that the correct procedure is re-established, missed key is unlikely to happen.

Still, this has been taken into consideration, now the keys for EVA are Shift+1 & Shift+2. -> fixed

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Additionally, I get a constant CTD when exiting orbiter, possibly because I use a clean shutdown instead of just forcingly unload all modules. Still a sign that possibly errors persist.
(Issue#013)

I experienced the same problem with the Soyuz FG/U rocket, could be related. I think it comes from the use of static variables, that Orbiter hates for some reason.

Notice I had no exit crashes, even with standard launchpad shutdown, on the latest Orbiter2010P2 beta versions.

-> Complex memory problem, not sure what to do.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
-> Complex memory problem, not sure what to do.

static variable are not bad, but you properly need to deal with them during module initialization and module deallocation. There are orbiter callbacks for these events, that you can use.

Also you need to remember that the state of these variables is largely undefined unless you define it.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You mean the destructor ?

No, I mean "InitModule" and "ExitModule".

Code:
DLLCLBK void InitModule (HINSTANCE hModule)
{
// module initialisation
}
DLLCLBK void ExitModule (HINSTANCE hModule)
{
// module cleanup
}

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Tiny big problem: You have only one single propellant resource. Before the Soyuz T model, you had two propellant resources, the bipropellants for the main engine and the hydrogen peroxide for the RCS. The Soyuz T unified this into one system.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Tiny big problem: You have only one single propellant resource. Before the Soyuz T model, you had two propellant resources, the bipropellants for the main engine and the hydrogen peroxide for the RCS. The Soyuz T unified this into one system.

I know, the problem is that I can't find any data on the quantity of H2O4 that contained the RCS tanks. But if you know that... Wouldn't be too hard to modify, and would add realism, for sure.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I know, the problem is that I can't find any data on the quantity of H2O4 that contained the RCS tanks. But if you know that... Wouldn't be too hard to modify, and would add realism, for sure.

If it is just that, I can look for it. It must be 500 kg in sum, if you want realism, you should also differ between DO and DPO tanks. They use usually separate tank systems, but can be connected for crossfeed. Same for the pressurization, the systems have separate pressure gas tanks, but they can be interconnected.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OK, I'm interested. Also, I read that the Peroxyde-fed thrusters had a much lower ISP (because it is a monopropellant I guess), but again I don't know by how much.

diogom

Reaction score
The BO depressurizes fine now, but I get a CTD when I press the sep key.
Seems to be a missing mesh.

Code:
Finished setting up render state
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: oapiGetStationCount
At least one active module is accessing an obsolete interface function.
Addons which rely on obsolete functions may not be compatible with
future versions of Orbiter.
---------------------------------------------------------------
**** WARNING: Mesh not found: .\Meshes\T_BO.msh

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Seems to be misplaced, the mesh is included.

EDIT: Moved it to the main meshes folder, works OK now.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The BO depressurizes fine now, but I get a CTD when I press the sep key.
Seems to be a missing mesh.
(Issue#14)

Got it, directory problem. Made a directory to tidy the meshes, and forgot to update the "auxiliary" dlls, like the one for the BO. -> fixed (tbc)

Hotfix : just copy the meshes in the Orbiter/Meshes folder. ;)

I think it was said before, dunno: when I go to the VC, switching back from it puts the Vzor mesh back in the SA.

Yes, should be fixed in next release.

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
Same happens with T_PAO.msh and T_ThermalCover.msh on PAO separation. Vzor sep will probably give the same.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I think it was said before, dunno: when I go to the VC, switching back from it puts the Vzor mesh back in the SA. Edit: Switching vessel focus appears to do so too.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I still have not found the actual masses, but by looking at the size of the three small tanks for the DPO of many drawings, it seems to be just about 5 kg propellants in each, so we have just 15 kg propellant for the DPO.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So it should be something like 5 kg for the DO ? That mode is very economic.

At least it will avoid to pump Dv on the main engine ;)