Project Soyuz 7k.dll

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Instead of firing the retrorockets, the SA just goes through the Earth, with the parachute acting like crazy, deploying and stowing.
Issue#022

Confirmed on the "Touchdown" scenario. Investigating. -> fixed, tbc

Last edited:

castorp

Reaction score
'in the process now of restoring my main system and will be uploading sounds and map bmp soonish, but 'have had a chance to enjoy a preliminary check-out of the current alpha build... outstanding work so far here! many many thanks!! :)

i believe though that there's a minor little error with the coded assembly which i just noticed: if i'm not mistaken, the aft "type B" IGLA antenna on the PAO is currently attached upside down... the receiver component should fit within that slot/niche recess on the engine block, and then the IGLA arm should fold outward (instead of just sliding into place as it does now) during deployment so that the receiver component faces rearward (as it correctly does now once deployed)...

also, i really like the on-screen system displays, but i wonder (and this is of course entirely cosmetic) if it could be given a somewhat more "retro" appearance instead of the current white font on blue background (scary bsd anyone!? 8-o )? perhaps classic amber on black (with a console-type font... FORTAN forever! :-D )? or maybe something like the more current soyuz displays? ==>
150-14.jpg

finally, previous builds showed an angular momentum readout in the lower left corner, but this seems to be gone now from this build... 'intentional?

cheers,
hc

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
huh... print the page of the manual with the keys (or copy it down if you don't have a printer) ? :p

:rofl: LOL, tried memorization and got as far as "u" for Hud modes, "v" for hatch... or was it CTRL-V? :rofl:

Actually some sort of keyboard overlay would be best :) I could just buy a cheap one and glue the commands over the correct keys !

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
also, i really like the on-screen system displays, but i wonder (and this is of course entirely cosmetic) if it could be given a somewhat more "retro" appearance instead of the current white font on blue background (scary bsd anyone!? 8-o )?

Actually, the Soyuz digital display (Sirius) was blue-ish

http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Sirius-7K_IDS

finally, previous builds showed an angular momentum readout in the lower left corner, but this seems to be gone now from this build... 'intentional?
Issue#023

No. What resolution are you using ? Can you post a screenshot ? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

i believe though that there's a minor little error with the coded assembly which i just noticed: if i'm not mistaken, the aft "type B" IGLA antenna on the PAO is currently attached upside down... the receiver component should fit within that slot/niche recess on the engine block, and then the IGLA arm should fold outward (instead of just sliding into place as it does now) during deployment so that the receiver component faces rearward (as it correctly does now once deployed)...

Issue#024

Didn't knew that, will correct this.

But the antenna isn't at the right place, then ? :huh:

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually, the Soyuz digital display (Sirius) was blue-ish

http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Sirius-7K_IDS

That is the Program-status Indicator.

The Digital Data Display looks less blue-ish.

dib.jpg

I am not sure, which color the Program-status indicator really has, I used cyan because it is based on similar technology as the cyan glowing warning lights.

It could also be orange glowing, if the plasma is different.

ess-tiap4-1.jpg

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The Digital Data Display looks less blue-ish.

:rofl:

Maybe "Soviet Green" would be an option...

Last edited:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Here we go again...

JosephStalin.ZILLimousine-550x336.jpg

More seriously, I'd stick with the cyan as in Urwumpe interpretation. It resembles my 1957 Nordmende valve radio, that has a tunning display like this:

(mine is in not so good condition but does a nice job if connected to a mp3 player... odd combination of tech but great sound!)

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm trying "dark Soviet Green"... With a white-beige font color, it is really "in tone" with the era. Also, green is easier to read when you are facing Earth.

I just coded a soft-dock / hard-dock system, it works rather well.

Soyuz - Salyut, hard-dock :

Of course, hard-docking make the battery charge.

I don't know if the author of that Salyut is still around, but that would be great to make a .dll of it using Artlav's converter. It would also allow UMmu compatibility, which would be very cool here (as the Soyuz7K-T is basically a ferry).

Edit : I managed to rendez-vous a module1 in an orbit similar to Salyut-6. Launch was a semi-failure : 0.41° of Rinc, far too much. However, I managed to correct this (used Align planes MFD) and close the module after less than 1 day (used SyncMFD). At this point, I had consumed a part of the DPO fuel during correction manoeuvers. Docking was impossible without using DockingMFD via ExternalMFD. I ran out of DPO fuel in the last 5 meters. But the trajectory was good enough, and Orbiter accepted the docking. Now I am docked, the battery is charging, but have only 65 m/s of DeltaV left in the main tanks. A little too short to de-orbit, but as my Periapsis is 190 km over Baikonur and my Apoapsis 270 km, I might be able to make it by jettisoning the BO before the burn. The DO tank is 30-40% full, more than enough. We'll see the outcome tomorrow !

Edit : there was enough fuel for de-orbit without the BO, so mission success I suppose !

Last edited:

Przemek77

Soyuz pilot
Reaction score
blue background (scary bsd anyone!? 8-o )? perhaps classic amber on black (with a console-type font... FORTAN forever! :-D )? or maybe something like the more current soyuz displays? ==>
150-14.jpg

Castorp, i think this screen is from TM/TMA computer panel...

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
I don't know if the author of that Salyut is still around, but that would be great to make a .dll of it using Artlav's converter.

The author of the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3820"]Salyut 6 addon[/ame] is MajorTom. Who only posted on this forum the other day. :p

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Anyways, the Salyut has to be cooperative for the Igla system to work. The station uses its RCS thrusters to point at the Soyuz. When the two docking radars return an error (angle between the radar dish and the nose of the ship) of 0°, then the spacecrafts are aligned.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Alpha version v0.15 released (private)

- Bugfixes (see changes.log)
- Docking mechanism basic implementation.
- Enhanced behavior of the MWS alert light.
- Cosmetic changes (Soviet Green), first page of the HUD in Russian (correct me !).
- New scenarii focused on Orbital Rendez-vous.

Waiting for your feedback ;)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hehe, thanks a lot for the goodies ! Nice fan sound with 400 Hz electrical noise in the background :thumbup:

The siren sounds are as stressing as they could be :)

Nice map, too.

That stuff is going to be put into good use.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Castorp, i think this screen is from TM/TMA computer panel...

TMA. Soyuz TM used still the analog cockpit concepts. The only really digital feature on it had been the very minimal interface to the Argon-16 computer.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Any special things aside of the new features, that you want to see tested?

castorp

Reaction score
Issue#024

Didn't knew that, will correct this.

But the antenna isn't at the right place, then ? :huh:

here's an old msh development shot from OctoberSky days showing the aft IGLA stowed ==>
newpao_orthag.jpg

'hope that helps!
cheers,
hc

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
EDIT: I notice that the DPO is firing effectively pro and retrograde at the same time without me commanding it... did you implement some docking guidance without IGLA, with too tight deadbands?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Any special things aside of the new features, that you want to see tested?

The DPO translation mode. I think that it consumes too much fuel, because the "anti-torque program" is somehow too sensitive. Also, the system sometimes "locks", with thrusters stucked. It would be interesting to have feedback on this (behavior on the different axis, Centre of Gravity...).

Also, aerodynamics during re-entry. I suspect that the capsule produces a little too much lift.

Edit : you :ninja:'d me on the DPO. :) In fact there is a loop running that try to keep the angular velocity at 0 on all the axis. I suspect it is heavily bugged (as it was one of the first things I coded).

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The DPO translation mode. I think that it consumes too much fuel, because the "anti-torque program" is somehow too sensitive. Also, the system sometimes "locks", with thrusters stucked. It would be interesting to have feedback on this (behavior on the different axis, Centre of Gravity...).

Yes, too sensitive fits it. Also the "anti-torque" should be futile, since at correct placement of the thrusters, the RCS should be almost torque-free during translations.

Also, if you plan to use the aft DPO thrusters, they are only for translation, they are VERY ineffective for rotations.

Also, aerodynamics during re-entry. I suspect that the capsule produces a little too much lift.

Lift to drag should be 0.4 (constant ratio until subsonic speeds)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, too sensitive fits it. Also the "anti-torque" should be futile, since at correct placement of the thrusters, the RCS should be almost torque-free during translations.

Since the thrusters are correctly placed relatively to the mesh, it is a matter of CoG, then ?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The aft engines also seem to be angled inward a lot:

3492f45f491fa45ff26f1debbd91_grande.jpg