Spacecraft Soyuz 7K for Orbiter 2016

Reaction score
Well it still doesn't work but it explode during the liftoff is there other way to fix it ? :cry: it is maybe the D3D9 configuration or the Orbiter Setting Configuration that makes those glitches
Hm my guess is that you probably have complex flight model set (for me when That’s in the rocket explodes during liftoff) to on in the Multistage MFD. I don’t have a working Multistage 2015, right now. Using BETA, now.

GEMINIDUDE44

Reaction score
Hm my guess is that you probably have complex flight model set (for me when That’s in the rocket explodes during liftoff) to on in the Multistage MFD. I don’t have a working Multistage 2015, right now. Using BETA, now.
Still doesn't work it has the same problem

GEMINIDUDE44

Reaction score
Well The problem is That the rocket when the engine starts it explode but it changes position when the launchpad is open ! is it maybe the settings of my orbiter ?
or some mods that i should delete ? or some plugins that i need or delete :confused:

GEMINIDUDE44

Reaction score
Can you load the orbit scenarios successfully? Or it only occurs on launch scenarios?
The Orbit Scenarios it works succesfully but the launch scenarios is completly glichy , sometimes the rocket when it liftoffs it changes the position and makes the rocket glitchy

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
It seems the problem is coming from the rocket itself. You could ask help from the author of the Soyuz rocket, igel here. As of his last posts, he's working around how to fix the issues on the latest version

GEMINIDUDE44

Reaction score
It seems the problem is coming from the rocket itself. You could ask help from the author of the Soyuz rocket, igel here. As of his last posts, he's working around how to fix the issues on the latest version
okey thank you for your help ! :)

Luca

Reaction score
Are there some news about the Proton-Salyut launch scenario problem?

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Hello, igel is here!

I've temporarily published a previous version of Soyuz release, 1.2. This will buy you time till I am able to publish the next release of Soyuz along with other addons of VesselM family. Version 1.3 will NOT work with third-party payload in Orbiter 2016, causing CTD (confirmed). Orbiter 2010 still OK.

I am travelling frequently this time of year, so I won't be able to answer or comment frequently, or look at the problem any closer today. I understand that while some people may have older version in their archives, some may not. So making this temporary downgrade to v1.2 available to everyone looks the fastest way to resolve problems with Soyuz 7K addon.

Sorry for inconvenience!

gagarin

Reaction score
Hello, igel is here!

I've temporarily published a previous version of Soyuz release, 1.2. This will buy you time till I am able to publish the next release of Soyuz along with other addons of VesselM family. Version 1.3 will NOT work with third-party payload in Orbiter 2016, causing CTD (confirmed). Orbiter 2010 still OK.

I am travelling frequently this time of year, so I won't be able to answer or comment frequently, or look at the problem any closer today. I understand that while some people may have older version in their archives, some may not. So making this temporary downgrade to v1.2 available to everyone looks the fastest way to resolve problems with Soyuz 7K addon.

Sorry for inconvenience!
Crashes to Desktop straight away sadly

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Crashes to Desktop straight away sadly
There may be many reasons why... Locally, I verified 1.2 solidly works just like I verified that 1.3 solidly does not.

One thing to check first thing first: Soyuz and Soyuz 7K addons collide on SoyuzMissions file. Soyuz 7K overrides the one supplied by Soyuz, adding its missions directly into this file. So if you update Soyuz addon without re-deploying Soyuz 7K immediately after - missions by Soyuz 7K will be lost, and Orbiter will CTD on its scenarios.

Radar_Contact

Reaction score
Hello, what modes I am missing?

000000.000: >>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
============================ ERROR: ===========================
Soyuz\_Baser
[Vessel::OpenConfigFile | .\Vessel.cpp | 243]
===============================================================
000000.000: >>> TERMINATING <<<

Radar_Contact

Reaction score
Also, when using Soyuz "Allow the silence of space" (hearing engine sound) option from the sound config doesn't work, why?1633205832201.png

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Soyuz\_Baser error comes from a small addon packaging error (to be fixed in future release). This happens only in one supplied scenario, "Soyuz Static Exhibition". To fix in current deployment, replace "spaceports_Traveller:Soyuz\_Baser" line in scenario with "spaceports_Traveller:Spaceports\_Baser". Just to remember, in version 1.2 , this scenario looks much less neat in Orbiter 2016 than in version 1.3...

As for sound option - I think, some sound options (maybe including this one) are overridden in the addon code (in search for a fine balance between ultimate configurability and out-of-box playability).

Radar_Contact

Reaction score
Hello, one more thing.

============================ ERROR: =========================== Mesh file name not provided [MeshManager::LoadMesh | .\Mesh.cpp | 1237] =============================================================== D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent() hMesh is NULL 000000.000: Finished initialising status 000000.000: Finished initialising camera 000000.000: Finished setting up render state D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x183F5E0 = 'Baikonur_1' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x1840B10 = 'Baikonur_2' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x1841930 = 'Baikonur-51' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x1842AD8 = 'Baikonur_51' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x183F968 = 'Baikonur-70' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x1840078 = 'Baikonur_70' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x1840788 = 'Baikonur-23' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x1840E98 = 'Baikonur_23' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x1842040 = 'Baikonur-24' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x18423C8 = 'Baikonur_24' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x183FCF0 = 'Baikonur_81' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x3616EF40 = 'Baikonur-31' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x361700E8 = 'Baikonur_31' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x361719A0 = 'Baikonur_112' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x3616F650 = 'Baikonur' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x3616F9D8 = 'Arkalyk' not cataloged D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x36170470 = 'Dzezkazgan' not cataloged 000000.000: D3D9: [Scene Initialized]

Spaceports are installed, Baikonur should work. Why doesn't it?

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
How is it "not working"? Crashing? In which scenario? This log i not telling much , unfortunately. All these "not cataloged" errors are not important: I think Orbiter 2016 simply complains that 2010 bases are defined not quite exactly the way it expects, but it is not a show-stopper in any way. Most of other messages actually indicate success - most importantly the final one, "scene initialized". A suspicious message about mesh, but even it does not seem to crash anything. "Mesh file not provided" - if it is coming from VesselM addon, my best guess will be Mission misconfiguration - missing sub-config that should have specified the specific implementation of a more specific vessel (like Pad 37 being a specific of a more generic Launchpad vessel).

Radar_Contact

Reaction score
How is it "not working"? Crashing? In which scenario? This log i not telling much , unfortunately. All these "not cataloged" errors are not important: I think Orbiter 2016 simply complains that 2010 bases are defined not quite exactly the way it expects, but it is not a show-stopper in any way. Most of other messages actually indicate success - most importantly the final one, "scene initialized". A suspicious message about mesh, but even it does not seem to crash anything. "Mesh file not provided" - if it is coming from VesselM addon, my best guess will be Mission misconfiguration - missing sub-config that should have specified the specific implementation of a more specific vessel (like Pad 37 being a specific of a more generic Launchpad vessel).
CTD at every launch scenario.
1633636779363.png

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I see. These are Soyuz 7K scenarios. To verify that Soyuz launcher itself is installed OK and works, use pure Soyuz scenarios - best are "1. Soyuz TMA to ISS and back" if you have added ISS, or "2. Soyuz TMA emergencies" if no ISS.

But I'll throw in one more idea - the order of addons installation. If you deploy my Soyuz AFTER Soyuz 7K, the Missions file (modified by 7K) will be overritten to its pristine state. If that was the case, Soyuz 7K should be re-deployed ON TOP of Soyuz again - this will solve the Missions issue.

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
But I'll throw in one more idea - the order of addons installation. If you deploy my Soyuz AFTER Soyuz 7K, the Missions file (modified by 7K) will be overritten to its pristine state. If that was the case, Soyuz 7K should be re-deployed ON TOP of Soyuz again - this will solve the Missions issue.
I now indicated on both the first post and the OHM description that the required addons MUST BE INSTALLED FIRST before Soyuz 7K because it directly overwrites the Missions.cfg of both Proton and Soyuz addons. Thank you very much igel!

Last edited:

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I now indicated on both the first post and the OHM description that the required addons MUST BE INSTALLED FIRST before Soyuz 7K because it directly overwrites the Missions.cfg of both Proton and Soyuz addons. Thank you very much igel!
Great!

Just to help you with the future iterations: Soyuz and Proton both support a way to fully separate dependent customizing addons into alternative folders. See supplied "Custom Missions Demo" scenarios in Soyuz on how it is done. Not only for textures or meshes, but even for the Missions descriptions. Simply redefine mission file in scenario, like that:

MISSION_FILE Customizations\Soyuz\Missions\CustomSoyuzMissions.cfg

Even better to give missions file a new unique name: as CustomSoyuzMissions.cfg file still contains my demo missions - no direct need to stick to it as well. Simply put your missions into something like Customizations\Soyuz\Missions\7KSoyuzMissions.cfg - and your file will never be touched by any other addon, until you intentionally overwrite it with your own updated version in some next iteration.

Of course, this is only usable for Soyuz for now, as my latest Proton update still suffers from third-party attachment bug. (older Proton by Thorton should be used until then). But once I get to update it, same trick will work for the new Proton (for any VesselM family addon, in fact).