Soyuz 7K-TM

diogom

Reaction score
I know that there are already some threads that mention this, but they aren't focused on the Soyuz.
How is it possible that, among so many amazing addons, there isn't an old Soyuz spacecraft yet? I have seen some projects developing the Soyuz, but they all are from like 2 years ago.
Wouldn't it be nice to fly ASTP with its original vessels, and not the current Soyuz?

castorp

Reaction score
'awaiting some coding love ==> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4670"]OctoberSky Source Meshes[/ame]

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I've created a very rough spacecraft.dll version of it so that I can dock the Soyuz. I'll post that here latter when I have access to my Orbiter computer.

To go further the mesh needs to be split into the 3 main Soyuz components... and then complete it on a 3D modeling software (add internal hatches for example). It's something I simply don't have the time to do, at least all by myself.
If someone gets those meshes split, I can do a sc3 config for it so that it will at least dock, undock, reenter and land.
Something like the Shenzou addon (I recommend the same organization), quite simple but very enjoyable in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Ok, here's the rought configs I mentioned.

SOYUZ_OK_male.ini inside your Config\spacecraft folder:

Code:
[CONFIG]
MeshName = "SOYUZ_OK_MALE"
Size = 7.95
EMPTY_Mass = 6060   ; empty mass [kg]
Fuel_MASS = 500  ; max fuel mass [kg]  
Main_Thrust = 1000
Retro_Thrust = 0
Attitude_Thrust = 250 ; 
Isp = 3349       ; 
TRIM = 0.05
PMI = (4.34,6.19,2.58)
CW_Z_POS = 2
CW_Z_NEG = 2
CW_X = 2
CW_Y = 2
CROSS_SECTION=(5.94,16.73,4.68)
COG = 1.3
PITCH_MOMENT_SCALE = 0.00005
BANK_MOMENT_SCALE = 0.00005
ROT_DRAG = (0.3,0.3,1.5)
VISIBLE = 1
CAMERA = (0.28,-1.5,0.5)

;----- Docking Port -----
[DOCK_0]
POS = (0,0,8.3)
DIR = (0,0,+1)
ROT = (0,1,0)

SOYUZ_OK_FEMALE.ini inside your Config\spacecraft folder:

Code:
[CONFIG]
MeshName = "SOYUZ_OK_FEMALE"
Size = 7.95
EMPTY_Mass = 6060   ; empty mass [kg]
Fuel_MASS = 500  ; max fuel mass [kg]  
Main_Thrust = 1000
Retro_Thrust = 0
Attitude_Thrust = 250 
Isp = 3349      
TRIM = 0.05
PMI = (4.34,6.19,2.58)
CW_Z_POS = 2
CW_Z_NEG = 2
CW_X = 2
CW_Y = 2
CROSS_SECTION=(5.94,16.73,4.68)
COG = 1.3
PITCH_MOMENT_SCALE = 0.00005
BANK_MOMENT_SCALE = 0.00005
ROT_DRAG = (0.3,0.3,1.5)
VISIBLE = 1
CAMERA = (0.28,-1.5,0.5)

;----- Docking Port -----
[DOCK_0]
POS = (0 ,0,8.3)
DIR = (0,0,+1)
ROT = (0,1,0)

And here's a scenario (place into \Scenarios folder) with the docked spacecraft:

Code:
BEGIN_DESC

END_DESC

BEGIN_ENVIRONMENT
  System Sol
  Date MJD 54411.4926307091
END_ENVIRONMENT

BEGIN_FOCUS
  Ship SOYUZ_OK_male
END_FOCUS

BEGIN_CAMERA
  TARGET SOYUZ_OK_male
  MODE Extern
  POS 2.57 62.16 89.67
  TRACKMODE GlobalFrame
  FOV 50.00
END_CAMERA

BEGIN_HUD
  TYPE Orbit
  REF AUTO
END_HUD

BEGIN_MFD Left
  TYPE Orbit
  PROJ Ship
  FRAME Ecliptic
  ALT
  REF Earth
END_MFD

BEGIN_MFD Right
  TYPE Map
  REF Earth
END_MFD

BEGIN_SHIPS
SOYUZ_OK_male:spacecraft\spacecraft3
  STATUS Orbiting Earth
  RPOS -4356616.82 -4896778.53 -703411.44
  RVEL -3394.618 3857.611 -5813.358
  AROT -31.97 -27.48 -43.41
  AFCMODE 7
  PRPLEVEL 0:0.982000
  DOCKINFO 0:0,SOYUZ_OK_FEMALE
  NAVFREQ 0 0
  RCS 1
  CTRL_SURFACE 1
  CONFIGURATION 1
  CURRENT_PAYLOAD 0
END
SOYUZ_OK_FEMALE:spacecraft\spacecraft3
  STATUS Orbiting Earth
  RPOS -4356613.13 -4896782.29 -703405.42
  RVEL -3394.618 3857.611 -5813.358
  AROT 148.03 27.48 -136.59
  AFCMODE 7
  PRPLEVEL 0:0.982000
  DOCKINFO 0:0,SOYUZ_OK_male
  NAVFREQ 0 0
  RCS 1
  CTRL_SURFACE 1
  CONFIGURATION 1
  CURRENT_PAYLOAD 0
END
END_SHIPS

This is enough to have some fun with and can easily be adapted for other Soyuz versions.

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
Maybe you could create a new thread and ask if anyone can split the meshes.

castorp

Reaction score
I've created a very rough spacecraft.dll version of it so that I can dock the Soyuz. I'll post that here latter when I have access to my Orbiter computer.

To go further the mesh needs to be split into the 3 main Soyuz components... and then complete it on a 3D modeling software (add internal hatches for example). It's something I simply don't have the time to do, at least all by myself.
If someone gets those meshes split, I can do a sc3 config for it so that it will at least dock, undock, reenter and land.
Something like the Shenzou addon (I recommend the same organization), quite simple but very enjoyable in my opinion.

'just noticed the recent posts in this thread and, since i'm the author of the meshes and hold the oringal 3ds files, can easily split them up... :)
since you went and did .cfg's of the -OK male and female i'll get those out first.
cheers
hc

---------- Post added 10-01-10 at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-30-10 at 07:46 PM ----------

and they're up ==> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4855"]Soyuz 7K-OK mesh separated[/ame]

OK_mesh_separated.jpg

cheers
hc

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Can you also split the umbilical from the POA and the Vizr periscope from the SA?

castorp

Reaction score
Can you also split the umbilical from the POA and the Vizr periscope from the SA?

aber natürlich! ==> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4857"]Soyuz 7K PAO & SA components[/ame]

OK_SA_PAO_components.jpg

cheers
hc

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Cool! I'll try to do some configs for those :thumbup: !

excellent! 'looking forward to seeing these birds in action.

cheers
hc

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Wouldn't it be nice to fly ASTP with its original vessels, and not the current Soyuz?

the original plan of the OctoberSky project was to do all of the Soyuz series, as well as the TKS system and the OPS/DOS stations...
we got as far as the 7K-T and DOS-1 (though no -L3)... :lol:
DOS-3 is still in the workshop, though with the dropping-off of the coders who had been working on the project i've been doing little to no modeling of late.
'tempted though to do the -TM as it would, indeed, be good fun to finally rendezvous with AMSO/NASSP! the problem, as always, is finding the time for the hobby, but a few sleepless nights should do the trick to getting a -TM BO worked-out.

hmm... maybe this thread should be moved to the Addon Development section?

:probe:

cheers
hc

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

castorp

Reaction score
Vielen herzlichen Dank! :)

Could now do some DLL fun with them... I still have this one here:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0021684/Soyuz/SoyuzOKVC-wip14.jpg

Wouldn't look too impressive without the rest of the capsule but I think I can create a 2D Panel from the remaining materials.

that would be amazing! those test 'engineering' panels that DarthVader and I had come-up with ('can be seen in part here ==> http://bp1.blogger.com/_5hze6UsGh7I/RggM29O8OXI/AAAAAAAAABg/rq8JPKkya4U/s1600-h/wip-canvas.jpg and here ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=uk&v=kh7d4yz3634 ), while fun to mess around with and to figure out how we were going to get the systems running, always bugged me. i know you've been sitting on some of your own panel work for the Soyuz for some time now, so it'd be really wonderful and of course much appreciated if you were able to plug them in! let me know if there's anything else that the modeling dept can do in the meantime with the existing meshes. ;-)

cheers
hc

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
i know you've been sitting on some of your own panel work for the Soyuz for some time now, so it'd be really wonderful and of course much appreciated if you were able to plug them in!

Well, I kicked myself to buy the needed books for understanding how the Soyuz stuff works (A Russian-German dictionary and the "Soyuz - A universal Spacecraft" book), and still every time I think enlightenment has finally reached me, a Russian comes along and corrects me. :lol:

It is really bad that I can't even tell how the Soyuz flight manual is titled. I am sure, the original title of it is sitting in the BitTorrent, with Cyrillic name.

let me know if there's anything else that the modeling dept can do in the meantime with the existing meshes. ;-)

Well, I have mostly wishes for not-existing meshes. :cheers: I am sure, once I will fight with the animations, I can find a problem or two that could be needing fixing. Can the heat shield and the parachute fairings be ejected as well? Or does it have the post-landing antennas? I will find out. :lol:

castorp

Reaction score
every time I think enlightenment has finally reached me, a Russian comes along and corrects me. :lol:

LOL!!

Well, I have mostly wishes for not-existing meshes. :cheers:
why don't you fire away with your wishlist and maybe we can come-up with some sort of prioritization schedule...
(getting them done, of course, will be another matter entirely!)

I am sure, once I will fight with the animations, I can find a problem or two that could be needing fixing. Can the heat shield and the parachute fairings be ejected as well? Or does it have the post-landing antennas? I will find out. :lol:
yes, the heatshield and parachute fairings are separable and have had, at one point in the dev cycle, their own mesh sets (in fact i believe you might have received an early "pre-release" build years ago that had all the various bits and bobs, no?) 'same for the post-landing antennae (they used to be part of the underlying SA mesh and were 'retracted' into the mesh body). in fact, among many other testbed ideas we were working on, there used to be as well a whole texture set that emulated the carcinogenization of the SA after the thermal shielding ejected away during reentry... so many plans and so much work left undone here! it surely will be nice to see some life breathed back into the whole endeavor.

many thanks!
hc

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
LOL!!

why don't you fire away with your wishlist and maybe we can come-up with some sort of prioritization schedule...
(getting them done, of course, will be another matter entirely!)

Well, the Soyuz 7K-LOK would be great, I remember having seen even some panel diagrams of it, and it is my favorite Soyuz.

Also, McDope had the really early Soyuz circumlunar spacecraft concept on his homepage, would be cool to have it back in Orbiter. Since it never left the drawing board, you would have a lot of freedom in it.

Also, as German patriot, the Camera mission Soyuz-22 would be great,would just require a modified BO. Or Soyuz-13, with the UV telescope.

diogom

Reaction score
Here it is, the original ASTP.

opwpkl.jpg

castorp

Reaction score
Well, the Soyuz 7K-LOK would be great, I remember having seen even some panel diagrams of it, and it is my favorite Soyuz.

Also, McDope had the really early Soyuz circumlunar spacecraft concept on his homepage, would be cool to have it back in Orbiter. Since it never left the drawing board, you would have a lot of freedom in it.

Also, as German patriot, the Camera mission Soyuz-22 would be great,would just require a modified BO. Or Soyuz-13, with the UV telescope.

i'd actually started the work for the soyuz-13 variant of the 7K-T, so that's actually in the workshop archives somewhere and should be fairly easy to bring out.

'totally in agreement with you as well about the LOK, but that'll be a big effort to complete in the same vein as these models. 'still, a most worthy effort!!

this gives me a good working guide though:

first, the Orion2 on the modified 7K-T (and I'll release as well the 7K-T series' other base modules with this);

then, the 7K-TM (since it's the topic of this thread, which seems to be responsible for all this revitalization as well as being the base for the -22 mission);

then, the MKF-6 on the modified 7K-TM (and maybe for this I'll try and get the OPS-2/DOS-3 finished-up since it's pretty much the same as the OPS-3 that was in service at the time of -22... Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt Euch!);

and, ultimately, that monster—the LOK! :)

that all actually seems pretty practical, reasonable, and do-able (given sufficient time/space for such hobby activities)...
ordnung ist alles!
:cheers:

cheers
hc

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Lets say, "Niemand hat die Absicht ein Sojuz LOK zu bauen". ;)

castorp

Reaction score
aber "es muß Sojuzistisch ansehen und wir mußen alles in der Hand haben"!
:tiphat:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
aber "es muß Sojuzistisch ansehen und wir mußen alles in der Hand haben"!
:tiphat:

"Eine Sojuzkapsel in ihren Lauf, hält weder Ochs noch Esel auf."

(Damn...was I really born in the west?)

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Let's also keep the posting in English, please, guys. I have no idea what any of that says, my German is lamentable.

castorp

Reaction score
Let's also keep the posting in English, please, guys. I have no idea what any of that says, my German is lamentable.

sorry, Xyon (and all).
'just a little DDR humour, liebste Genossen...
:cheers:

Last edited: