Launch News Soyuz TMA-20 atop Soyuz-FG on December 15/16, 2010

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Bet you a million bucks that despite several reminders from ground control he left the chips in the camera............

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
To re-cap, at the Mission Status Briefing today it was reported that the memory cards are being transferred inside the Soyuz descent module to Moscow, and the photos would be available in the week.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
From ISS On-Orbit Status Report for 25/05/2011.

Soyuz 25S Crew Update:
Cady Coleman & Paolo Nespoli arrived early this morning in Houston/Ellington at 1:51 AM EDT / 5:51 AM GMT and are reportedly doing well.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
TMA-20 landing and crew welcoming in the Star City photos (hq):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nasahqphoto/sets/72157626677438011/with/5757583503/

I especially like the two last pics:

One where Kondratiev is welcomed by his Commander:
5757590423_77894925ef_z.jpg

And another where Dmitry joins up with his son who learnt how to walk while his daddy was working in space! :thumbup:

5757591007_4b2dd23c3a_z.jpg

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
To re-cap, at the Mission Status Briefing today it was reported that the memory cards are being transferred inside the Soyuz descent module to Moscow, and the photos would be available in the week.

wait, they don't have ANY digital stuff? not ANY smal digital-photo they could send us? :lol:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, they ARE digital on the memory cards, but the transport method is uhhmmmmmm... "analog" :lol:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
According to reports, when the descent module drogue chute was deployed, the capsule started to spin & tumble, causing Cady Coleman to hit her head on a piece of hardware inside the descent module when the main chute opened. :blink:

Also, according to this article, Paolo Nespoli suffered from a vestibular system disorder post-landing.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
According to reports, when the descent module drogue chute was deployed, the capsule started to spin & tumble, causing Cady Coleman to hit her head on a piece of hardware inside the descent module when the main chute opened. :blink:

Strange, I thought that a helmet was supposed to protect a Cosmonaut's head from hitting into anything.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Ok, now that we had the photos, read "The story behind Paolo’s Space Station photos":

http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEMQFARHPOG_index_0.html

“Like a photographer who has a gorgeous model in front of him, I was more concentrated on getting a good technical and artistic product than admiring it.

“I saw the view when changing from still to video images, but I purposely limited looking because I know I would have been mesmerised by the beauty of it.”

“Dreams are possible. We all should keep dreaming since even the most impossible dream sometimes can become a reality.”

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Awesome video about NASA's recovery operations for Soyuz TMA-20 (actually all soyuz landings but TMA-20 is followed in this video)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxO-pM1lLZ0&feature=feedu"]YouTube - ‪Behind the Scenes: Landing the Soyuz‬‏[/ame]

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Are those helicopter Mi-17 ?

It's interesting how they use the runway to take off like an airplane... I guess it saves fuel ?

I'd like to have a "Soyuz recovery pack" for Orbiter. :hmm:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Roscosmos:
Soyuz TMA-20 Crew Received Roscosmos Decorations
:: 29.06.2011

Soyuz TMA-20 crew has successfully completed the mission program, which covered significant number of scientific experiments, Roscosmos official Valery Olshansky stated during ‘Welcome-Home’ ceremony for Dmitry Kondratiev, Catherine Calman, Paolo Nespoli at Star City.

IMG_0034_1.JPG

IMG_0096_1.JPG

IMG_0142_1.JPG

IMG_0146_1.JPG

IMG_0155_1.JPG

The crew spent more than 5 months in the station, received 2 Russian cargo space vehicles, European ATV and Japanese HTV, two shuttles, performed more than 40 experiments, including the international ones. Dmitry Kondratiev made 2 EVAs under Russian program.
Roscosmos official congratulated the crew and presented special awards of the Federal Space Agency to Kondratiev, Calman and Nespoli.