OHM Space Elevator, release 4

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: kulch

Last version of Space Elevator. Features: instrumental panel for SE shuttles, sounds, multiple payload, more scenarios (including "Ultimate base jumping" scenario - for paracone funs). Complete documentation. C++ source code included. Required add-ons: Orbiter Sound 3.0 by Dan Steph.

To fix the incompatibility with Orbiter-2006 please install Space Research Center spaceports over the Space Elevator.

DOWNLOAD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by bluryblue
Pros: great detail
Cons: none
Review:
It's, uh, ... just really fun I guess. (I'm not a good reviewer)

Review by dante ashton
Review:
I really liked this when I messed about with it, doing so with the paracone addon was even better. Sadly, I can no longer find this research centre needed to get it running again.

Review by indignus iv
Pros: incredible attention to detail
Cons: nothing
Review:
Kulch is a genius. This is probably the coolest Orbiter add-on ever made. I love how the elevator is easy to operate, and the fountains of paradise hotel is incredible. Also, this comes with a nifty installer so you don't have to worry about anything.

Review by İİ
Pros: its considered a space craft
Cons: none
Review:
what i mean by that is u can pick it up and place it anywhere u want i made it reenter earth and the fireball was huge

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
This is amazing. It even works perfectly in Orbiter 2010.
:11sign::11sign::11sign::11sign::11sign:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Here's a fun challenge.. try to pass as close as possible to the tether in LEO without hitting it! Good luck watching it go by at 17,000mph! :lol:

squeaky024

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Here's a fun challenge.. try to pass as close as possible to the tether in LEO without hitting it! Good luck watching it go by at 17,000mph! :lol:

Speaking of that, I just remembered that my space station's orbit may cross over the tether in a few orbits or so :uhh:

Aldrasio

Reaction score
Aside from the mesh flickering on the tether, this works perfectly well in Orbiter 2010.

shoopaloop

Reaction score
I have problems with docking in 2010 P1. When I dock, it does not register that the craft is docked, but it holds it in place as if it was, so I cannot undock.

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
I have problems with docking in 2010 P1. When I dock, it does not register that the craft is docked, but it holds it in place as if it was, so I cannot undock.

I have found a workaround to the problem is to use the Scenario Editor. Press the dock button again (for the proper dock number of course), then immediately press the Undock.

One unfortunate side effect is that it instantly shifts the spaceship model some meters away, but at least you are undocked.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I ended up installing Orbiter again because after I installed this addon I experienced slow scenario load times for any scenario (even non-space elevator scn's) and extended white screen pause during a scenario load. The concept is really cool though! If I knew how to texture I'd be making a new texture for it and fixing bugs for 2010. :)

Keatah

Reaction score
Make a copy of your orbiter install, and install it in there. If it is satisfactory, or not, you can delete the test install and make your decision.

Some systems might lag, some might not. All add-ons increase load time a little bit. And your version of "a lot" might be different than my version. Who's to say ??

ThaGuy

Reaction score
I found it works really well and did not lag my old pc much at all. but I like to fly a large fleet and if i add it i find it more likely to generate a ctw with UMMU on ingress. also that docking thing is a real bummer but i love this addon

thank you

I00I

Not from this world
Reaction score
How is this on the fps?
“:hmm:Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.:hmm:”

Ceman

Reaction score
so this and the shukra base i have had problems installing. for whatever reason none of the scenarios appear after install. i verified proper install manually checking the main orbiter directory and checked to make sure every single file was added and in the right places. no errors, no crashes running any other scenarios, these two addons just don't appear at all on the menu. i even made a new folder in the scenario directory and moved the venus base and this one to that folder but the new folder doesn't even appear on the menu. and i have edited the earth.cfd per the readme. i also checked the scenario editor for both the shukra and this and couldnt find it anywhere under 'new' at all.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
so this and the shukra base i have had problems installing. for whatever reason none of the scenarios appear after install. i verified proper install manually checking the main orbiter directory and checked to make sure every single file was added and in the right places. no errors, no crashes running any other scenarios, these two addons just don't appear at all on the menu. i even made a new folder in the scenario directory and moved the venus base and this one to that folder but the new folder doesn't even appear on the menu. and i have edited the earth.cfd per the readme. i also checked the scenario editor for both the shukra and this and couldnt find it anywhere under 'new' at all.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well this might not be a big help, but I can confirm that the Elevator runs just fine on my 2010PI install. I have no memory of what witchcraft I may have had to perform to get it installed, though, but it is possible.

Are you using a mod handler? It's always best to unpack into a separate directory, and then use a mod handler to merge the addon with Orbiter proper.

Also, have you tried it with an absolutely fresh Orbiter install?

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
...Are you using a mod handler? It's always best to unpack into a separate directory, and then use a mod handler to merge the addon with Orbiter proper...
This addon is an exe which asks for the user's Orbiter installation directory.
It looks like it's as simple as unpacking it in the right folder, but it also adds a bit in the "Uninstall programs" portion of Control Panel, so getting rid of it is easy.

If you tell the installer that your Orbiter is in a fake, empty folder, it will install there without problems, then you can treat it as any other "mod" and manage it through JSGME.

IF it then works in Orbiter2010/2016 is another matter.