General Question Space Shuttle Cargo bay hatch doors

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Is there an option or config change.To have the space shuttle hatch doors open and close silently,In space view.Thanks

-Pv-

Reaction score
Until we get panel indicators in the Shuttle Fleet, it's nice to know something is happening. There is always the system sound mute button. Another answer, no, there is no button in Orbiter or Shuttle Fleet dedicated to halting bay door sounds other than halting the bay doors..
-Pv-

spcefrk

AeroEng
Donator
Reaction score
1) Can't you do that with OrbiterSound? Can you not set whether sounds play when in external view?

2) If not (though I'm almost positive you can) couldn't you write over the PBD sound file with zero volume noise (just record ambient noise and kill the volume on it)? In that case Orbiter would be playing some almost silent sound but you wouldn't likely be able to hear it.

(Don't tell me something can't be done. That just means it's time for Plan B: jury rig a solution ;))

Interceptor

Reaction score
Never thought of that SPCEFRK.Thats probably a good idea. Yeah I tried with orbiter sound panel and everything else is silent in space view except those darn hatches. But I'll try your idea ,Houston out. Thanks