Space Shuttle Ultra 1.25 Revision B development

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The easiest way to use RAMFD, is to substitute a dummy for the KU mesh and use a seperate, SC3 KU attached to the payload bay linked to the RAMMFD. It's quick and easy, and has nothing to do with SSU code.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The easiest way to use RAMFD, is to substitute a dummy for the KU mesh and use a seperate, SC3 KU attached to the payload bay linked to the RAMMFD. It's quick and easy, and has nothing to do with SSU code.
Could you mail me a working copy? Maybe by having a working copy will allow me to see what I'm doing wrong if anything.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Nope, because SSUoptions.h is still MIA. It's missing from the repository.

Yes. Must have unchecked one file too much then.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Could you mail me a working copy? Maybe by having a working copy will allow me to see what I'm doing wrong if anything.

I'll have to set one up using the new KU, will get it to you ASAP.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Still not compiling. Still complaining about BIU.h as well as a couple of new error messages from SimpleGPC.cpp:

Code:
1>SimpleGPC.cpp
1>.\dps\SimpleGPC.cpp(25) : error C3861: '__word24': identifier not found
1>.\dps\SimpleGPC.cpp(30) : error C3861: '__word24': identifier not found
1>.\dps\SimpleGPC.cpp(35) : error C3861: '__word24': identifier not found
1>.\dps\SimpleGPC.cpp(85) : error C3861: '__word24': identifier not found
1>MDU.cpp
1>e:\shuttle ultra\orbitersdk\space shuttle ultra\vc\../dps/IDP.h(76) : error C2259: 'dps::BIU' : cannot instantiate abstract class
1>        due to following members:
1>        'dps::BUS_COMMAND_WORD dps::BIU::busCommand(dps::BUS_COMMAND_WORD,unsigned long,short *)' : is abstract
1>        e:\shuttle ultra\orbitersdk\space shuttle ultra\gnc\..\dps\BIU.h(97) : see declaration of 'dps::BIU::busCommand'
1>        'void dps::BIU::busCommandPhase(void)' : is abstract
1>        e:\shuttle ultra\orbitersdk\space shuttle ultra\gnc\..\dps\BIU.h(98) : see declaration of 'dps::BIU::busCommandPhase'
1>        'void dps::BIU::busReadPhase(void)' : is abstract
1>        e:\shuttle ultra\orbitersdk\space shuttle ultra\gnc\..\dps\BIU.h(99) : see declaration of 'dps::BIU::busReadPhase'

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Try it now. Could happen from time to time now that I did not yet commit all changes, I currently try to prevent to commit changes that cause too much trouble.

EDIT: OK, the IDP will also cause trouble, wait I try to get the working parts into the repository.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Ok, have the IDP committed, if now displays don't work, I have broken stuff too much.

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No joy. These are the errors this time:

Code:
1>e:\shuttle ultra\orbitersdk\space shuttle ultra\dps\IDPSoftware.h(34) : error C2504: 'IDPSoftware' : base class undefined
1>.\dps\IDP_Software.cpp(6) : error C2653: 'IDPSoftware' : is not a class or namespace name
1>.\dps\IDP_Software.cpp(7) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>.\dps\IDP_Software.cpp(7) : error C2550: 'dps::IDPSoftware' : constructor initializer lists are only allowed on constructor definitions
1>.\dps\IDP_Software.cpp(8) : warning C4508: 'dps::IDPSoftware' : function should return a value; 'void' return type assumed
1>.\dps\IDP_Software.cpp(10) : error C2653: 'IDPSoftware' : is not a class or namespace name
1>.\dps\IDP_Software.cpp(10) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
1>IDP.cpp
1>.\dps\IDP.cpp(274) : error C2039: 'mvprint' : is not a member of 'vc::MDU'
1>        e:\shuttle ultra\orbitersdk\space shuttle ultra\vc\MDU.h(35) : see declaration of 'vc::MDU'
1>.\dps\IDP.cpp(279) : error C2039: 'mvprint' : is not a member of 'vc::MDU'
1>        e:\shuttle ultra\orbitersdk\space shuttle ultra\vc\MDU.h(35) : see declaration of 'vc::MDU'
1>e:\shuttle ultra\orbitersdk\space shuttle ultra\dps/AP101S.h(34) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'RAM32.h': No such file or directory
1>APU.cpp
1>AP101S.cpp
1>e:\shuttle ultra\orbitersdk\space shuttle ultra\dps\AP101S.h(34) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'RAM32.h': No such file or directory

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
-.- I hate it.....back to the unwinding.

Strange enough, there is no reference to IDPSoftware anymore, because it was a wrong model. Can do a simple fix for it.

Just checked, the file wasn't delete from the repository yet, but I already deleted it from my local makefile... that is why it never caused errors yet here.

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Now down to just these errors:

Code:
1>IDP.cpp
1>Atlantis.cpp
1>.\Atlantis.cpp(4948) : error C3861: 'ssuGetMission': identifier not found
1>.\Atlantis.cpp(7818) : error C3861: 'InitMissionManagementMemory': identifier not found
1>.\Atlantis.cpp(7857) : error C3861: 'ClearMissionManagementMemory': identifier not found

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You need to have MissionFileManagement.cpp in your project. Can it be your solution is not up to date?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You need to have MissionFileManagement.cpp in your project. Can it be your solution is not up to date?
Probably. Added it but it didn't make a difference. Same error messages.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Probably. Added it but it didn't make a difference. Same error messages.

Yes... can tell you also why... because we didn't yet use a separated Ultra library for handling such stuff cleanly, I included a compiler definition "IS_SSU_DLL_MODULE" in the compiler options to add these to the DLL. since you use your own homegrown project settings, such small changes don't reach you automatically.

The critical sequence is in Atlantis.h, right at the end:

Code:
#if defined(IS_SSU_DLL_MODULE)
DLLCLBK mission::Mission* ssuGetMission(const std::string& filename);
void ClearMissionManagementMemory();
void InitMissionManagementMemory();
#endif

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes... can tell you also why... because we didn't yet use a separated Ultra library for handling such stuff cleanly, I included a compiler definition "IS_SSU_DLL_MODULE" in the compiler options to add these to the DLL. since you use your own homegrown project settings, such small changes don't reach you automatically.

The critical sequence is in Atlantis.h, right at the end:

Code:
#if defined(IS_SSU_DLL_MODULE)
DLLCLBK mission::Mission* ssuGetMission(const std::string& filename);
void ClearMissionManagementMemory();
void InitMissionManagementMemory();
#endif
So what do I need to add and where?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
OK, now down to these two errors:

Code:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Can't confirm these, both defined in MDU.h:

Code:
//IDP interface functions
        /** 
         * Act like the curses function
         */
        inline void mvprint(int x, int y, const char* pszLine, char attributes = 0) 
        {
            //
            PrintToBuffer(pszLine, strlen(pszLine), x, y, attributes);
        }

inline void Line(int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2, char attributes = 0) 
        {
        }

Just a simple sugar for making the code easier to read... at least for me... will be deprecated, when the drawing over the IDP format buffer works.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can't confirm these, both defined in MDU.h:

Code:
//IDP interface functions
        /** 
         * Act like the curses function
         */
        inline void mvprint(int x, int y, const char* pszLine, char attributes = 0) 
        {
            //
            PrintToBuffer(pszLine, strlen(pszLine), x, y, attributes);
        }

inline void Line(int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2, char attributes = 0) 
        {
        }
Just a simple sugar for making the code easier to read... at least for me... will be deprecated, when the drawing over the IDP format buffer works.
That's the culprit! My IDP.h doesn't have these lines! Try re-checking in IDP.h.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
That's the culprit! My IDP.h doesn't have these lines! Try re-checking in IDP.h.

Its MDU.h. And the version is uptodate did already commit it earlier today to make sure no parts of the DPS/VC stuff got AWOL.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The only errors I'm getting are from IDPSoftware.h and IDP_Software.cpp. Should these be deleted?