Space Shuttle Ultra 4.0 PRESS TO MECO

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I didn't realize that was the current target... :embarrassed: Please carry on. :leaving:

Well, I am a pretty conservative developer usually... I prefer being able to switch a feature on or off until it is shown to be stable. :lol:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Any news on getting 4.0 finally out the door? Is the RCS change getting on this train or waiting for the next one?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any news on getting 4.0 finally out the door? Is the RCS change getting on this train or waiting for the next one?
Don't forget about the CISS animations. They're also waiting to get updated.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Don't forget about the CISS animations. They're also waiting to get updated.

The problem there is that the animation coordinates were not updated when one of the CISS meshes was updated awhile back.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I am not sure when I will be back into business.

Bad news: SSD with Windows 10 is no longer used for booting my notebook, but intact.
Good news: HDD with the SSU workspace and the other Orbiter installations is intact. Backup is still there.

Should the command line fixes work that I have found, the notebook will be back soon. Otherwise, I need to get a new SSD and a new Windows 10 ASAP.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I am not sure when I will be back into business.

Bad news: SSD with Windows 10 is no longer used for booting my notebook, but intact.
Good news: HDD with the SSU workspace and the other Orbiter installations is intact. Backup is still there.

Should the command line fixes work that I have found, the notebook will be back soon. Otherwise, I need to get a new SSD and a new Windows 10 ASAP.

If you are busy, I can also compile a release version with vs2013... IMO we just need the coordinates of the CISS animation to be corrected and this could be out the door this Tuesday.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If you are busy, I can also compile a release version with vs2013... IMO we just need the coordinates of the CISS animation to be corrected and this could be out the door this Tuesday.

Pretty busy, I am now away from my SSU notebook for the week, uploading new skills into my brain.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Pretty busy, I am now away from my SSU notebook for the week, uploading new skills into my brain.

Don't worry, we'll still put your name in the press release. :p
I've already done all the testing I wanted a few months back, so I'm happy with skipping the betas and RCs and going straight to the release.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Don't worry, we'll still put your name in the press release. :p

"Customer service and complaints department: Urwumpe"? :rofl:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Since when can we afford customer service?

I thought that is the deal... some sort of special hell for slow developers. "Did you try to turn it off and on again?"

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I thought that is the deal... some sort of special hell for slow developers. "Did you try to turn it off and on again?"

Those kind of instructions are implicit for Windows users... :lol: :facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Those kind of instructions are implicit for Windows users... :lol: :facepalm:

Also works with most Real Shuttle issues. :lol:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
DaveS, can you get the coordinates of the CISS G piping connections as described in the CISS.h file? Those coordinates need to be accurate or the animations won't look good...

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
DaveS, can you get the coordinates of the CISS G piping connections as described in the CISS.h file? Those coordinates need to be accurate or the animations won't look good...
They are correct. The animations of the CISS'es are completely identical. The difference's are FWD of the DA to accommodate the longer G Prime and it's requirement of more GHe (Prime has two ring-sets of GHe bottles between the two CSS yokes, while the G only has one) for the propellant dump.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
They are correct. The animations of the CISS'es are completely identical. The difference's are FWD of the DA to accommodate the longer G Prime and it's requirement of more GHe (Prime has two ring-sets of GHe bottles between the two CSS yokes, while the G only has one) for the propellant dump.

Currently the coordinates are the same for both CISSs, so it one animates well and the other doesn't, having both worked at the same time in the past, that means the meshes aren't exactly the same in the area of the pipes.

OK, I just did some digging in the svn logs, and in r2381 the CISS G Prime mesh was changed, but both sets of coordinates were changed... let me revert the CISS G coordinates to see if it fixes this issue.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Bah, it still doesn't work with the previous coordinates... :(

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Checked in a fix for the G CISS. Now everything is identical as they should be. I can't detect any animation problems.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Checked in a fix for the G CISS. Now everything is identical as they should be. I can't detect any animation problems.

Thanks! I'm now reverting to the latest revision after doing some more archaeology: in r2377 both versions worked, the update of both meshes in r2378 broke all the animations, and in r2381 there was another mesh update only for the CISS G Prime, and both sets of coordinates were updated, but they only matched the G Prime mesh.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

There was a problem with the texture paths on the new mesh, but it's now fixed. All works fine now, ticket 146 can now be closed.
If there are no objections, after dinner I'll start cooking the release version package so we can get 4.0 out tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

During final testing before "packaging" I found that the ET umbilical doors are missing....

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
During final testing before "packaging" I found that the ET umbilical doors are missing....
This should be fixed now.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
SSU 4.0 is all packed up and ready!
Any of the devs want to test the product before it hits the stores? :lol: Or should I just proceed with the release?