Project Space Shuttle Vessel

Gieno

Reaction score
Look to the left, panel R13L, PL BAY MECH PWR switches (which also have to be on for MPM latch/release).
But that might not be it, as I notice that there are no PRLAs installed... did you put HST in the PLB using the Mission Editor?
Yes, on panel R13L, PL BAY MECH PWR switches is on. And no, I haven't put HST in the PLB using the Mission Editor.

I don't really know how to put HST in the PLB using the Mission Editor.... 🤦‍♂️
Would you mind, to guide me putting HST in the PLB using the Mission Editor?

Thanks.

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I don't really know how to put HST in the PLB using the Mission Editor.... 🤦‍♂️
Would you mind, to guide me putting HST in the PLB using the Mission Editor?

Thanks.
Please read the manual: the payload attachments should be explained enough in there. Plus, you can open missions STS-8 and STS-107, which have static and active payloads, and see how things looks.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
SSV STS-31R mission file+T-31 second launch scenario. Just extract into the root Orbiter folder.

Attachments

• STS-31R.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 17

moonheart

Reaction score
Gieno,

Would you perhaps post the scen files for the STS-6 and STS-61B missions you pictured?

Gieno

Reaction score
Gieno,

Would you perhaps post the scen files for the STS-6 and STS-61B missions you pictured?
Hi Moonheart,
Apologies for the late response, here is the Scenario as requested but it's actually the STS-31 Hubble Launch Mission.

Attachments

• STS-31 Hubble Launch.scn
    20.7 KB · Views: 13

moonheart

Reaction score
Geoair2

Could you perhaps post the scen files for the STS-6 and STS-61B missions you pictured on pg 15?

Gieno

Reaction score
Geoair2

Could you perhaps post the scen files for the STS-6 and STS-61B missions you pictured on pg 15?
Hi Moonheart,

This is with the Default Atlantis.

Attachments

• 2 STS-61 SM1 Launch.scn
    2.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 3 STS-61 approaching HST.scn
    3.2 KB · Views: 6

moonheart

Reaction score
Geoair2 and Gieno,

Thank you for the response - I'm trying to see if there are files for STS-6 with the TDRS for SSV. As well the spacelab on STS-51B or STS-9. I'm having trouble placing the payloads for those missions - either they are in the wrong direction or they don't show up.

many thanks!

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Another quick preview of the new cameras and lights:
2cameras.PNG
In the top monitor, the RMS elbow camera looking at the ODS vestibule, lights and hatch, and the Centerline camera looking back in the bottom monitor. Thru the hatch window, you can see the reflection in the lens of the Centerline camera.

An now a night view of the Orbiter:
nightlights.PNG
The 4 ODS lights, 4 PLB CCTV LED lights, and RMS elbow CCTV LED light are on, but all pointing away from the vehicle so it stays dark, but we can see the lights on, providing this interesting view.

moonheart

Reaction score
Gieno - sorry I was incorrect - I have STS-31 not 61! I'll try working on one and will pass along if I can get it to work.

moonheart

Reaction score
Hi Gieno - you can give this a try - it's imperfect - wrong position of HST - not all the pallet shows up - but maybe someone else can work it better. I'm not sure how to attach items onto the pallet - they don't seem to show up for me. See what you think.....

Attachments

• STS-61.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 9

Gieno

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been playing around in the UNIV PTG, OPS 2011.

START TIME (items 1 thru 4) I can insert values, as well with the BODY VECT (item 14) up to number 4 in these parameters.
P, Y (items 15 and 16) show pitch/yaw components corresponding to the selection made in item14. When BODY VECT of 5 is selected
the pitch and yaw parameters flash indicating an option is available to change the data via keyboard.

That is available to change the data of P, Y (items 15 and 16) via keyboard. But here is where it becomes challenging for me, inserting values as well with
TGT ID (item 8) and (items 9 thru 13).

I think it's more how its typed in, like I know for the START TIME its (+) then the value...etc.

Thanks.

Screenshot (138).png

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
That is available to change the data of P, Y (items 15 and 16) via keyboard. But here is where it becomes challenging for me, inserting values as well with
TGT ID (item 8) and (items 9 thru 13).

From the manual (not entirely sure it is 100% accurate):
ITEM 8 (TGT ID) only supports an entry of 2 at the moment, and ITEMS 9-13 are not supported. ITEM 20 (TRK) is not supported. Finally, ITEMs 22-24 (which affect how the attitude error is displayed) are not implemented.

TGT ID is the direction you want to point to, and a value of 2 means Center of Earth.
BODY VECTOR is what part of the vehicle (body vector) you want to point to the target. Values 1-4 are predefined directions and 5 is selectable direction using ITEMs 15-17. P and Y select a body vector direction by using pitch and yaw angles. Once a body vector is selected, OM (omicron angle) is used to determine the rotation of the vehicle along that direction, thus completely defining the vehicle orientation.

Gieno

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you change a key, from a given key to another? for example, the F6 = Open Stdb Array and F7 = Open Port Array keys.
I have done it in the past with the TogglePanelMode and change it with the Q key because the give key was used for something else.
But the F6 and F7 keys is not in the keymap. And I seem to have some challenges with these two keys.

Thanks.

Screenshot (140).pngScreenshot (139).png

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Can you change a key, from a given key to another? for example, the F6 = Open Stdb Array and F7 = Open Port Array keys.
If the problem is with your physical keyboard, Windows has a virtual keyboard... it should work for isolated key strokes.
As for changing the keys inside HST, that is not my work, so I can't change anything.

Gieno

Reaction score
If the problem is with your physical keyboard, Windows has a virtual keyboard... it should work for isolated key strokes.
As for changing the keys inside HST, that is not my work, so I can't change anything.
Nope no problem with the physical keyboard. F6 and F7 keys by itself didn't work for me, I had to press Fn+F6 and Fn+F7 for it to operate.

Screenshot (141).pngScreenshot (142).png