Project Space Shuttle Vessel

Gieno

Reaction score
Hi,

I know this is not the right thread, I installed a fresh Orbiter, and ran into this issue, any ideas what this might be?

Thanks.
Code:
[CODE]**** Orbiter.log

000000.000: Build Aug 28 2016 [v.160828]

000000.000: Timer precision: 1e-007 sec

000000.000: Found 0 joystick(s)

============================ ERROR: ===========================

Failed loading module Modules\Startup\AtlantisConfig.dll (code 126)

[Orbiter::LoadModule | .\Orbiter.cpp | 600]

===============================================================

Failed loading module Modules\Startup\AtmConfig.dll (code 126)

Failed loading module Modules\Startup\DGConfigurator.dll (code 126)

Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\transx.dll (code 126)

Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\TrackIR.dll (code 126)

Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\D3D9Client.dll (code 126)

Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\GenericCamera.dll (code 126)

Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\Framerate.dll (code 126)

000000.000:

000000.000: **** Creating simulation session

000000.000: Finished initialising world

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'll comeback later today with more info.
Yep, as I thought it was the mesh flags that I changed, so the interior of the airlock would not be cropped.
Just tried a few combinations of flags and I can't get what I want... 🤦‍♂️ I'll revert the changes for the next release, and open a ticket in Orbiter to solve/improve this.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I know this is not the right thread
And you still posted...
Anyway, that looks like some missing dll. Lookup "Dependency Walker" on Google, or "code 126" here in OF, as it is not a new issue.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I finally got the deploy sequence to work, so more SPDS images for everybody!!! :hailprobe:

Pre-deploy:
spds4.PNG

Yo motion complete:
spds5.PNG

Half-way out:
spds6.PNG
spds7.PNG

Full deploy:
spds8.PNG
spds9.PNG
Still no textures or materials, so lighting is dull, but things are slowly coming together. As it is very visible, I also created a demonstration payload for the SPDS. I tried to make it strange enough, with a touch of HST, to pass it as a spy sat (not that any of us has ever seen one).

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That will really help the immersion factor ?(y)

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
That will really help the immersion factor ?(y)
Will the SPDS make SSV "more realistic"? No.
Will it allow users to see something that could have actually happened? Yes!

That is the beauty of this simulation: I can have the vehicle as it flew, but I can also have things that never flew.

Marg

Reaction score
Maybe at some point SRB's could have a parachute system?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Maybe at some point SRB's could have a parachute system?
Yes, that is in the list, but it is not high-priority, so it will probably only happen when the ascent get reworked.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Added some color to DemoSat2, so it looks a bit more HST:
spds10.png

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are the PLx ouputs of the CCTV system operational? And if they are, how I can assign them to certain payloads? I need PL1 and PL2 for some missions.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Will the SPDS make SSV "more realistic"? No.
Will it allow users to see something that could have actually happened? Yes!

That is the beauty of this simulation: I can have the vehicle as it flew, but I can also have things that never flew.

Yeah, thats what was the idea behind SSU. Like doing missions that never happened, like assembling Freedom, flying to the moon or rescueing Skylab. Or "pimping" the Shuttle with all the toys, that the red tape prevented, like electric APUs or improved SSMEs. And of course, maybe also have the CAU avionics, that never happened on the shuttle and essentially now fly on Orion.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what was the idea behind SSU. Like doing missions that never happened, like assembling Freedom, flying to the moon or rescueing Skylab. Or "pimping" the Shuttle with all the toys, that the red tape prevented, like electric APUs or improved SSMEs. And of course, maybe also have the CAU avionics, that never happened on the shuttle and essentially now fly on Orion.
It wasn't red tape that got those upgrades, but rather the Columbia accident. With the decision to retire the shuttle 2010 and many of the upgrades being several years away at that point, it was decided to just cancel the Shuttle Upgrades Project altogether. Atlantis was due to retire in 2008 due to the requirement of needing an OMDP by then (her last OMDP ended in 2000 and the requirement was every 5.5 years or 8 flights whichever came first. And Atlantis's OMDP clock was up in 2005. Flightwise she was up to 6 when Columbia was lost in 2003.

So they decided to issue a waiver to the OV-104 OMDP requirement by performing it in smaller chunks inbetween flights. Next orbiter up after Atlantis was Discovery with her OMDP clock ending in 2009 (last OMDP ended in 2004) and then Endeavour in 2011 (OMDP ended in 2006). This is why NASA decided to use Columbia as Discovery was out due to ongoing OMDP, for STS-118 despite her heavier mass. Light payload (S5 ITS, ICC and SpaceHAB Single Logistics Module).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It wasn't red tape that got those upgrades, but rather the Columbia accident. With the decision to retire the shuttle 2010 and many of the upgrades being several years away at that point, it was decided to just cancel the Shuttle Upgrades Project altogether. Atlantis was due to retire in 2008 due to the requirement of needing an OMDP by then (her last OMDP ended in 2000 and the requirement was every 5.5 years or 8 flights whichever came first. And Atlantis's OMDP clock was up in 2005. Flightwise she was up to 6 when Columbia was lost in 2003.

So they decided to issue a waiver to the OV-104 OMDP requirement by performing it in smaller chunks inbetween flights. Next orbiter up after Atlantis was Discovery with her OMDP clock ending in 2009 (last OMDP ended in 2004) and then Endeavour in 2011 (OMDP ended in 2006). This is why NASA decided to use Columbia as Discovery was out due to ongoing OMDP, for STS-118 despite her heavier mass. Light payload (S5 ITS, ICC and SpaceHAB Single Logistics Module).

Still no reason to not allow it in the sim. The airframe might have been closer to a prototype, but there is still some room for growth and improvements left.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Are the PLx ouputs of the CCTV system operational? And if they are, how I can assign them to certain payloads? I need PL1 and PL2 for some missions.
For now only 1 keel camera is possible (fixed on PL1)... the CCTV system got very complex along the way, with all the extra inputs, DTV, recorders and displays, so at some point I just had to say "enough", and the result is just the basics. I'll eventually revisit the CCTV, as I'd like to have the OBSS camera as well (with RMS auto sequences for the TPS inspection).

CAU is definitively interesting, but I have my plate full already with the MEDS.
Next on the "never happened" category I have the OMS kit, and then it should be the starboard RMS.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Another thing: You might want to speed up the motor drive times for the PLB radiator latches and radiators themselves. They're a bit slow right now compared to the real ones as noted by STS-1 PLT Bob Crippen in the STS-1 Post-Insertion FDF as shown in the attached screenshot:

Attachments

• PLB_mech_drive_times_STS1.jpg
    PLB_mech_drive_times_STS1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8
  • PLB_mech_drive_times_STS1_1-8.jpg
    PLB_mech_drive_times_STS1_1-8.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 8

EstebanDF

Reaction score
Testing the SSV with the very detailed @hutchison66 platform:

Needs a bit of tweaking, but it looks great. The MLP is the SSV one, as I can't apparently attach the SSV to the other MLP

I don't think the GOX and Crew arms will retract automatically before launch, so probably will need to be done manually, all animations works great, they take quite some time (The RSS complex rotation takes about 10 minutes)

Looking nice, the night lighting is better on the original SSV LC39 though:

NewPlatform2.jpg
NewPlatform4.jpg
NewPlatform3.jpg