space sims

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
"MS Space Simulator" is a older space simulator, but with less accurate physics and older technology.

"Wings of Mercury" was a very good Mercury simulator and IMHO in many aspects even better as Orbiters Mercury add-on. But it is discontinued. Sad.

"Shuttle" the old classic DOS game about the Shuttle. Still the reference about Space Shuttle simulations in my eyes when looking at what it made out of the technical possibilities at that time.

"Space Shuttle Mission Simulator 2007" - pretty good if you liked "Shuttle", but not really my matter of taste... ;)

"I've found her" - a Babylon 5 space shooter, with very realistic physics and
good optics.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
i've been patiently waiting for another update to IFH for years, well the full campaign that was meant to be out ages ago. That was an excellent B5 game, i hope they finish it sometime.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Somewhere out there, there must be some free shuttle landing simulator. Not saying that I need one. I have Orbiter, CS shuttle, and SSM07

Star explorer

Reaction score
Wings of Mercury" was a very good Mercury simulator and IMHO in many aspects even better as Orbiters Mercury add-on. But it is discontinued. Sad

good thing i got mine like 2 years ago. but anyways theres also LIFTOFF a space shuttle simulator you can buy it of a website called count down creations thats were i got my copy of LIFTOFF. liftoff if is a not a game its a serias simulator (just like orbiter) theres one big difference between LIFTOFF and orbiter/SSM07 no external view you can't look outside witch is okay by me i dont know about you. liftoff is just from launch to orbit too

EDIT: whats CS shuttle

Last edited:

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There's also the s3 shuttle sim. http://www.shuttlesim.be/
I think the guy there was trying to build a simpit, but released the simulator instead and used that or something. It handles basically every aspect of the shuttle similar to what SSU will be doing I assume (except SSU is Orbiter so you can do more!)

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
There's also the s3 shuttle sim. http://www.shuttlesim.be/
I think the guy there was trying to build a simpit, but released the simulator instead and used that or something. It handles basically every aspect of the shuttle similar to what SSU will be doing I assume (except SSU is Orbiter so you can do more!)
AFAIK, S3 turned into SSM07.

spcefrk

AeroEng
Donator
Reaction score
If my guess is correct, CS Shuttle is the CaptainSim Shuttle addon for FS2004 and FSX. It's not bad and it certainly brings back memories of the old school Binary Star Ltd. SALS15 (Shuttle Approach and Landing Simulator) in the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, but I've had some frustrations in installing and using it reliably. Microsoft is probably more to blam for that though.

gawinnard

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
desktopsimmer.blogspot.com
To add to the list of shuttle sims already posted:

"Precision Approach" or "SALS". Very good shuttle landing sim, joystick needed. I've got an original CD of it. - already posted, Try using DOSBox ;)

"Orbiter" by Spectrum Holobyte, not used that one. But I believe it was the benchmark before Vector Grafix / Virgin "Shuttle"

"Space Shuttle: A Journey into Space" by Activision, on many different formats, I had the Atari2600 :)

spcefrk

AeroEng
Donator
Reaction score
"Precision Approach" or "SALS". Very good shuttle landing sim, joystick needed. I've got an original CD of it. - already posted, Try using DOSBox ;)

Is it the full version or the same demo that was floating around a long time ago? I was so mad that Binary Star Ltd wouldn't sell just the software for anything less than something outrageous. I think they've abandoned it now for better software so maybe it's become abandonware?

gawinnard

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
desktopsimmer.blogspot.com
Is it the full version or the same demo that was floating around a long time ago?
If you have just used it in the past an it was the landing phase, that's all this Sim is/was.

I'm not 100% sure what the legal status is, regarding it as Abandonware. I think underdogs has it. But download DOSBox and run it from there.