OHM Space Station Building Blocks 4.1B

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: gregburch

An update to Version 4.0, completely replacing it with some refinements and new modules, including a "constructible" centrifuge complex. Requires Vinka's spacecraft3.dll. See included html documentation, which includes a complete visual catalog of all modules, key maps, and instructions for building the centrifuge complex. All included textures from other Burchismo addons, including Version 4.0, are safe to overwrite.

DOWNLOAD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by sunshine135
Pros: Centrifuge and well thought out blocks, Like legos in space
Cons: No use of UMMu :(
Review:
I love Greg's building blocks. He has made them even more refined and cool with making them orbiter standard scale and adding a centrifuge. I can make any crazy numbers of space stations, and with the BSP 4.0, it makes for great fun. The only thing I would like to see is UMMu capabilities. All-in-all, SSBBs are a real hoot, and a very good time!!!

Review by astrocam
Pros: Too many to list here
Cons: Once again, no Ummu...
Review:
Excellant work gregburch, however, once again, the lack of Ummu support is a bit of a let down.. Anyway, excellant work on the modules, and i can't wait to construct my latest station Goodwork, Keep it up!

Review by ar81
Pros: Great set of "lego parts" to build space stations
Cons: None
Review:
Great work as usual. I can see how much work and effort it took to make this addon. It brings thousands of hours of flight and entertainment. As for MMU, it is not up to Greg but up to Vinka to provide uMMU support. Greg's addons use Vinka's Spacecraft.dll modules to make meshes flyable and animated.

Review by n72.75
Pros: Simple and easy to use, great looking, numerious diferent pa
Cons: Spacecraft3 not DLL, no ummu
Review:

Review by archer1121
Pros: Great for un-animated modules
Cons: Some animated modules don't work well/at all & no mmu
Review:
The robotic arm or centrifuge do not work (clean orbiter install), however I am running on Vista so this may be the root cause. Hope future versions are more compatible but a great addon despite these issues.

victor

Reaction score
hey greg!

is it possible that the rotation controls don't work with v.100830? i press "space" than there is an info about the angle, that works. but then, i press Lshift+X (2,4,6,8), but nothing moves... Rshift, without shift, numpad, normal ... nothing... :( maybe, i just have to live with... :shrug:

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
hey greg!

is it possible that the rotation controls don't work with v.100830? i press "space" than there is an info about the angle, that works. but then, i press Lshift+X (2,4,6,8), but nothing moves... Rshift, without shift, numpad, normal ... nothing... :( maybe, i just have to live with... :shrug:

Are you using Windows 7? Try it with the "Numpad" key toggled off.

victor

Reaction score
Are you using Windows 7? Try it with the "Numpad" key toggled off.

i got it now... im playing on a notebook atm, because i'm on travel... so there is no numpad. there is a num-lock to enable a "num-pad" on the keyboard(7, 8, 9, u=4, i=5, o=6, j=1, k=2, l=3, ...). so with the "num" on and Lshift, e.g. Lshift+U (for Num 4), nothing happens. but with num-off and i press the funktion key, i.e. Fn+Lshift+U than it works... so there is more a logical "hardware" problem... it's a bit circular in that way, but it works... :)

cheers:tiphat:

guitarist473

The UMMU that can play guitar
Reaction score
I cant seem to dock the solar panels (or any of those modules with oddly shaped docking ports ie radiators or tanks) to any other module, i use the BT201 truss module to try and dock the solar panels with as shown in the picture but it wont dock, it wont even dock manually through scenario editor.

Any help?

Vast fury

Reaction score
I have this CTD problem. Everytime I close the application, When I try to reload it I get a CTD during loading.... What might have caused this?

I actually used the the blocks as extensions of a ship. Compatibility might the problem here.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
When I try to reload it I get a CTD during loading.... What might have caused this?
Some loaded Orbiter module doesn't clean after itself / reinitialize its state to the one after that module has been first loaded when simulation closes. A workaround for this is to change Orbiter shutdown options in Debugging options on the Extra tab to "Respawn Orbiter process".

lawrencex2

Reaction score
I dont understand your instructions:

Per manual: Dock either end of the BCFGN1 Centrifuge Node Module to the rotating element end of the BCFG1 Centrifuge Module. Switch to the BCFG1 Centrifuge Module and ATTACH the Centrifuge Node Module to the BCFG1 Centrifuge Module.

I can dock but what do you mean by attach??? I can get the modual to spin but that is it.. the rest stays stationary.. is there a button to press to attach?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think this is a spacecraft3 module? I'm not on my Orbiter computer, but I'm pretty sure that the [A] key should bring up the attachment manager (it'll be in the lower left corner of the screen). I think shift and the numpad keys will cycle through the attachment possibilities.

I may be able to test this when I get home, but the spacecraft3 documentation should cover this...

Nicholander

Reaction score
Hmm... I can get scenarios which use SSBB 4.0 to work, but not scenarios which use SSBB 4.1 And I installed both. Can I fix this, or is it because I'm using Orbiter 2010 and it can't be fixed?

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
Hmm... I can get scenarios which use SSBB 4.0 to work, but not scenarios which use SSBB 4.1 And I installed both. Can I fix this, or is it because I'm using Orbiter 2010 and it can't be fixed?

Did you install SSBB 4.0 first and then SSBB 4.1? Those 2 modules, and the required pre-modules have to be loaded in a certain order or they just don't work at all.

I discovered that when I tried to load the IMS 1.0 add-on in 2010 P1.

Dantassii

Nicholander

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, but I first installed SSBB 4.1, realized the scenarios didn't work (They didn't load), installed SSBB 4.0, overwriting some stuff, then I reinstalled SSBB 4.1, overwriting some stuff again. And then the SSBB 4.0 scenarios worked, and the SSBB 4.1 scenarios did load, but instead of the stations modules, there meshes weren't there and the MFDs said they were on some insane escape trajectory out of the Solar System, a LONG way from The Sun. Also, what are these "Required pre-modules"?

Dantassii

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, but I first installed SSBB 4.1, realized the scenarios didn't work (They didn't load), installed SSBB 4.0, overwriting some stuff, then I reinstalled SSBB 4.1, overwriting some stuff again. And then the SSBB 4.0 scenarios worked, and the SSBB 4.1 scenarios did load, but instead of the stations modules, there meshes weren't there and the MFDs said they were on some insane escape trajectory out of the Solar System, a LONG way from The Sun. Also, what are these "Required pre-modules"?

I remember reading somewhere that you HAVE to install SSBB 4.0 first, then 4.1B second. If you don't, you have to start all over with a fresh Orbiter install and install them in the correct order. I'm not 100% sure why this is so, but I ended up having to do that because I thought 4.1 was a complete replacement for 4.0 and I didn't need 4.0 first.

Oh, and if you're going to use IMS 1.0 RC 9, you HAVE to install SSBB 4.0 and 4.1B in the correct order first. :)

Dantassii

Nicholander

Reaction score
Oh. That's why, I'll try to fix it.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

*Sigh* I tried it, and it didn't work. Same result. What I did is that I went into each folder which had SSBB 4.0 stuff in it, copied all the original SSBB 4.0 stuff into it and overwritten stuff (This would make it select all the stuff I wanted it to), and then deleted it. I then did the same for SSBB 4.1B, and then I installed SSBB 4.0, and then SSBB 4.1B. Was there anything I did wrong there?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Oh. That's why, I'll try to fix it.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

*Sigh* I tried it, and it didn't work. Same result. What I did is that I went into each folder which had SSBB 4.0 stuff in it, copied all the original SSBB 4.0 stuff into it and overwritten stuff (This would make it select all the stuff I wanted it to), and then deleted it. I then did the same for SSBB 4.1B, and then I installed SSBB 4.0, and then SSBB 4.1B. Was there anything I did wrong there?

Dantasii said it: Clean slate protocol. Clean out EVERYTHING and start over. :(

Nicholander

Reaction score
Why EVERYTHING?!? It'd make sense to just clean out all the files which have to do with the problem, in this case, a bunch of Spacecraft3 space station parts. But I'll just deal with it if I can't fix it, because I will NOT try to reinstall every single freaking mod I have!

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
I remember going through all this getting 4.1 properly installed (Burch was very much a modeller, not a programmer). I wish I could give you a step by step, but after all this time I really don't recall what fell incantations were necessary.

The following assumes you are comfortable working with Orbiter folders and unpacking zips and such.

However, some general steps that might be good advice: start a new manual Orbiter install into a different folder (you don't have to delete the old one). Now get a good mod manager such as JSGME (I'll let you google it) and use it to selectively rebuild your Orbiter playground.
The unfortunate fact is that some add-on modules are not compatible with all other modules, or even with all Orbiter versions. I've personally got about half a dozen different folders for different projects -- some folks have a lot more.
The nice thing about a mod manager is that if you add in something that doesn't work right, it makes it very easy to remove and correct the issue.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
JSGME, it's one of Orbiters best friends.

Makes installing and uninstalling mods as easy as clicking a mouse button.

Dantassii

Reaction score
Why EVERYTHING?!? It'd make sense to just clean out all the files which have to do with the problem, in this case, a bunch of Spacecraft3 space station parts. But I'll just deal with it if I can't fix it, because I will NOT try to reinstall every single freaking mod I have!

It appears to overwrite some files in places that are not documented clearly, so uninstalling it manually doesn't seem to work.

Of course if you are using a Orbiter Installer Program, you may be able to recover it back to its last known good configuration.

I always (and I mean ALWAYS) make a backup copy of my entire Orbiter folder before installing a new add-on (or series of add-ons). That way if it screws things up, I just delete the messed up install, rename the copy back to the original folder, and then start over again (including making a backup copy).

This has saved me more than a few times. Once you are happy that the install works, you simply delete the backup copy. I think I had 19 backup copies at one time.. but I've deleted them all now that I've finally got a stable Orbiter install with about 20 different add-ons.

Dantassii