Project Space Transportation System 2016

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Great work so far!

Is the solar panel jettison an animation or it spawns two solar panels as dummy empty vessels?
Thanks. All that it does now is the mesh disappears. But ideally. they (2sides) should be attached to the SFU press a key and they are jettisoned off. But to extend you would need to focus on each.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have reoriented the SFU. On the panels. The quick way would be to make it part of the mesh and to jettison just disappear. An option easy option is to make them disappear and 2 meshes just get jettison form the sfu. Just the panel housing. no animation?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OAST spartan
ghuZ0Wc.jpg

found this site:
https://thermal.gsfc.nasa.gov/Projects/Reflex.html

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
One thing I thought about doing? Is this. Make it so you can make the bridgerails visible. The bridge rail are the parts that connect the ribs to other ribs. Then the payloads are attached to that. The advantage is if you have the 12or 13 rails seen then you can just move the attachment and not worry if the bridgerail is correct. So if BR1 is in the scn then bridgerail one is seen. Really should not affect past addons.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
sts72
3FA9hYl.jpg

ZA7dOQC.jpg

I suppose the solar panels need to be reflective?

Working on the EVA equipment.

PMTLJy3.jpg

Last edited:

Marg

Reaction score
Yes, solar panels seem reflective...

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Lots of images of eva equipment:

PhyxLKG.jpg

mSy2oHH.jpg

RgjvXPV.jpg

sNnQ2ou.jpg

iHce6lv.jpg

vCE6Us0.jpg

RfZWKgr.jpg

there are difference between the drawing and real. On the TERA there seems to be no gap between the rms mount and the frame. Also there is something mounted to the other end.

The APFR is different. Seem to be a spring? between the TERA and APFR.

no handle shown on the staction but there one

I may make the tools like the images

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hope to release sts 46 and 75 as they are both TSS
drU3qLT.jpg

view from the TSS structure camera
sjVvfQB.jpg

Focused on the TSS1r and control of the tether.
uLTPpoI.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Bridge rails:
In the SSU in the mission cfg you select the Bridge rails. I think I may do that but in the scn. That way the bridge rails are there in ther correct spot. Then add ons can be just added and moved to the correct spot. The other way is, as you can see the rails are not the same shape. You would need to know the bay and then correct rail.

tFMSxqc.jpg

These addon though do not use bridge rails adapter for use GAS adapters. They also need to fit near a rail adapter. Along the ribs there are 2 holes for fastening. So you need to see which hole it is.

WeLwEXW.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I added all 13 sets of bridgerails.
hOrbiterbridgerails = oapiLoadMeshGlobal("2016SPACESHUTTLE\\shuttlebridgerails"); mesh_bridgerail = AddMesh(hOrbiterbridgerails);//mesh 13 SetMeshVisibilityMode(mesh_bridgerail, MESHVIS_EXTERNAL | MESHVIS_VC | MESHVIS_EXTPASS); GROUPEDITSPEC grpSpec; grpSpec.flags = GRPEDIT_SETUSERFLAG; grpSpec.UsrFlag = 0x00000003; // hide group and shadow oapiEditMeshGroup(hOrbiterbridgerails, 12, &grpSpec); oapiEditMeshGroup(hOrbiterbridgerails, 10, &grpSpec); oapiEditMeshGroup(hOrbiterbridgerails, 1, &grpSpec);

So this code the meshgroups 1,10,12 should not be seen correct?

But they are all there
Ofjbs1k.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
UGH!!!!!
So I could the mesh correct but then notice something. The RMS is wrong. The rms supports should fit in the notches.
V29rmqm.jpg

qUDbIAu.jpg

this is ssu
XZC0MGi.jpg

this is SF
F617GAi.jpg

here you can see the real location
uysNOtY.jpg

Trying to find a good drawing I think the rms maybe too short.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Still no luck with the bridge rail code.

But things to do/issues. EVA. We have the external airlock. eva thru the aft only. Since NO eva came thru the top we might be good there.

Docking. The ODS is really a piece that fit on top of the External airlock.

If ODS is in the scn then the ODS mesh is seen. A docking is made for the shuttle to dock. What if different meshes are used? What if the dock is always there. And the users adds the correct ods mesh?

And add a line TAA this is the "long" ods. where an tunnel adapter is added? Could EVA occur from the tunnel adapter and external airlock? And with the TSS a newmesh and new dock position?

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is the External airlock with the tunnel adapter.
bDQnDcu.jpg

I wish I knew what the outside diameter of the tube on the external airlock was. I think it is may be too big and the tunnel tube seems smaller.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I got the bridgerails to finally work:)

But on EVA I found this on the MIR mission STS 76.
Parazynski and Titov will exit the upward-facing hatch in the tunnel between Atlantis' crew cabin and the Spacehab
module and move up the Docking Module to release the MEEP packages. The retrieved packages will be folded and
stowed in sidewall carriers in Atlantis' cargo bay, two carriers located in front of the Orbiter Docking System (ODS)
and two located aft of the ODS. Within the MEEP packages, investigators are studying the effects of exposure to the
space environment on a variety of materials.

ylhpa.jpg

So EVA was done thru the tunnel hatch. Not sure if the MIR can accept attachments?