Spacecraft personifications

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There must be at least 1 for every aircraft (even if some are not particularly good). This is why I was surprised there were almost no spacecraft: (From Pixiv, user 内藤 魅亜 Naitou Mia)
4512760.png

Also, considering it's not just the XR2 now, I think this thread should be renamed something better. Not sure what.

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

:WTF: Off-topic much?

-cue the music of Doom-
:hesaid:
Although I think the topic kind of expanded...It outgrew its name. Not sure how to handle that actually, I'm still a relative newb here.
Unless you meant the thing about my name, that really was off topic.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I believe editing your first post can change the title. I've not tried it here, but it worked on another forum I used to haunt.

And yes, there is at least one for almost any military aircraft I can think of offhand (and I'm quite an aviation enthusiast), even obscure prototypes like the J7W Shinden (although for that one, it's been recently given more attention due to its likeness appearing in The Sky Crawlers, along with the equally underappreciated TF Mk.4 Wyvern, although I haven't seen an anthropo...thing for it yet.)

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thread Repurposed

OK, I think I have an idea as to the exact purpose of this thread. I will edit the first post to make it clearer.

Anyway, here are some notable personifications that I found (all from Pixiv).
They all go:
Date YYYYMMDD, 24-hour time TT
User: name (transliteration of name)

(Image)
Title
Artist's description from Pixiv
Translated title
My translation of artist's description
Remark: remarks
2009 May 5, 22:13
User 高梁れん (Takahashi Ren)
4141333.jpg
ひので
過去絵から。衛星擬人化絵にチャレンジしたのに結果は単なるコスプレになってしまったでござる(汗

Hinode
From my past drawings. Personifying a satellite was a challenge, but the finished result was a simple-to-do cosplay. (sweat)
Remark: What kind of person cosplays a satellite?

2009 Jan 26, 23:46
User あんのん (Annon)
2869259.jpg
いぶき、宇宙へ
温室効果ガス観測技術衛星「いぶき」打ち上げ成功おめでとうございます。H2姉さんと一緒に擬人化。

Ibuki, to space
Congratulations on sucessful launch of greenhouse-gases observing satellite "Ibuki." Personified together with big sister H2.
Remark: This one isn't particularly great, but it's the only one so far that I've found of H-IIA (or any launcher, for that matter).

2009 Mar 5, 15:17
User ALUMII
3331632.png
温室効果ガス観測技術衛星「伊吹」
温室効果ガス観測技術衛星「いぶき」(GOSAT)ヒューマンフォーム 東方ver. 瓢箪のかわりにTANSO-FTS持たせてみました。2Pカラーじゃないよ。

Greenhouse-gases observing satellite "Ibuki"
Greenhouse-gases observing satellite Ibuki (GOSAT), in human form, Touhou version. Instead of her sake gourd, she holds TANSO-FTS. This is not the player 2 colour!
Remark: I just thought this one was kind of funny. It's a pun off GOSAT Ibuki and the oni Ibuki Suika.

河蟹 out!:cheers:

Edit: The Shinden was in Sky Crawlers?! (didn't see it) Yeah, the Shinden was awesome. Canceled after only one gear-down test flight, few people have heard of it, but even fewer have heard of it's original concept: a jet-powered canard fighter! (this is in 1945!) That was in the works, planned to use a Japanese-made jet engine based on drawings from BMW; using the plans that were made, a replica was built fairly recently, and it was discovered that it had exceptional performance! OK I'm done.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Kyushu_SHindenjmodelo.JPG

080702sanka_markb1.gif

You don't see a resemblance? :lol:

Anyway, I was idly sketching at work today and I ended up drawing an anthropomorphism (finally found the word) of a combination of Vostok, Voskhod and Foton. Unfortunately, my printer/scanner is currently not working, so no image yet. For your information, though, my art is sort of Walfas-esque.

Last edited:

TonyZ2525

Reaction score
I think you guys need to get out from in front of the computer and meet some REAL girls! :)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think you guys need to get out from in front of the computer and meet some REAL girls! :)
Can't afford the maintenance fees, man. Believe me, I tried. :rofl:

Besides, the relationship between a pencil and notebook can turn out so much more interesting with the right touch, and is much more forgiving.

Not that any of that applies to what's seen in this thread. This stuff's just weird. :lol:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You don't see a resemblance? :lol:

Anyway, I was idly sketching at work today and I ended up drawing an anthropomorphism (finally found the word) of a combination of Vostok, Voskhod and Foton. Unfortunately, my printer/scanner is currently not working, so no image yet. For your information, though, my art is sort of Walfas-esque.
No, I meant I didn't see Sky Crawlers! :lol:
Anyway, glad to see someone else is doing some.
I think this thread starting to follow a pattern, maybe we can break that...

You be trollin!

This stuff's just weird. :lol:
Truth.

Anyway, the real post...
picture.php

Colour finally!
Why is it blurred? This is just a teaser of what's to come...
(Just imagine that it looks good unblurred ;))

cheerz:cheers:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Important: Thread renamed and repurposed

The purpose of this thread has now been redefined more clearly; I urge you to go back and read the first post, which has been edited, if you have not done so since the edit today.
:hail::probe:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I've been avoiding clicking on this thread, now that I did I think I am just confused.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's all good now!

I've been avoiding clicking on this thread, now that I did I think I am just confused.
That's a natural reaction. :lol:

But seriously though, don't be afraid of this thread! Or afraid of us, for that matter. I promise, this thread is not about anything perverted or otherwise below standards. The name change and redefining should make that clear. :thumbup:

Also, I think personification is surprisingly thought-invoking and highly intriguing.
What should go where? How would the nose cone look as a ribbon? Where do the SCRAM engines go? And how would she act? Is she the condescending type? How does she see her sister?
Things like this are what make it fun. And when you can discuss these things among fellow pilots, you just might get to know your spacecraft a bit better.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So I saw part of Revenge of the Fallen on the telly[bi], and I just realised, Jetfire is a pretty good personification of the SR-71! Some kids think it was like some kind of ultimate superhero jet, but it had its problems. And that's not to say it wasn't awesome- we owe the XR2 in part to its awesomeness, but it was a maintenance nightmare. Fuel leaks, creaks, low-tech (by today's standards) avionics- it took a lot to keep them in flying condition. Not to mention the skill required to pilot the thing! Plus, instead of attacking the enemy as it was originally designed for (it was going to be an interceptor), the SR-71's role changed to gathering information to avoid fueling further violence- as Jetfire doesn't want to kill.
Looking at the SR-71 in the Smithsonian (in front of Enterprise), you could imagine it as something like Jetfire.
Of course, that is up to debate:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=426522 (link to Pixiv)
426522.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=1253850
1253850.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=808785

808785.gif

584px-Jetfire-rotf.jpg

And that, my friends, is why this thread exists. :lol:

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

Oh yeah, that demented-looking Blackbird in the third pic above is supposed to be an Egg Plane (たまごひこーき)- a strange series of kits from Hasegawa, which I mentioned near the beginning of this thread:
image1.jpg

10088934a2.jpg

Weird, right? I like them. They might be weirder than the mecha girls. :lol:

And!
Space Shuttle OV girl is in works, but I need to figure out how to draw a simplified SSME (I know, an oxymoron). The whole thing, not just the bell- they're going to be attached to the back of her boots. Those are going to be the EMU boots- I don't have any good references of those either, but they're just like Kevlar Valenki, right?

Last edited:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Pictures coming! But just now, something amazing happened! There's been a space related flood on E-Shuushuu ("Kawaii Image Board", safe and needs no registration to view)! Some things I had never thought of! Example: personified STARS!

(see "characters" on link for which ones they are)
2010-01-26-238681.png

(More, by this artist.)

And planets!

And Zodiac. I'm Virgo. :)
Oh, that's astrology, not astronomy. I'm not sure what I'm better with. :dry:

Plus, a pretty good GOSAT.

And for once, a good one not of a Japanese satellite!
2010-06-24-294797.png

It's Sputnik!
I'm confused though, what is this? とあるソ連の人工衛星「スプートニク」 To aru Soren no jinkou eisei Sputnik (A certain Soviet manmade satellite Sputnik)?
Don't know about anything about "Index". What is that about? (in other words, does Izack recommend it? :lol: I swear this thread is becoming exclusive, doesn't anybody look at it?)

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Oh, and how's that scanner?
Will it be here by Tuesday? ;)

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Whoa! Hayabusa is becoming an item! I’ll post everything I’m seeing soon.:)
またね!

Last edited:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What the hell? My post got deleted!
I'll just post some of it now.

Original song vocals by Hatsune Miku.

[English translation]
Mom had been supporting you while flying by broken wings
She entrusted you with all and died
Dad had been waiting for you far in a distance
Your life-threatening trip began

You were blown by wind, beaten in the rain and touched by thunder

But you had never given it up
It is just only way for you

*Rise up our phoenix, Hayabusa

even if your wing is broken
with several folds dreams
Fly up our phoenix, Hayabusa
even if storm beat down your body
Slash the space and go
Fly away

You saw dad for the first time at a far-off place

Without an interval to be pleased with, dad said to you "go back to your home"
You had hope to the reencounter in an outward trip
And, by a return journey, you were entrusted with the souvenir which you must not drop

Someone laughed and said "it is useless trip" but you kept on flying

Because a thing entrusted two parents with is the meaning of your trip

*repeat

The wing was broken and lost a leg, but you continued still flying

Because you must send a belonging to the shining blue home the Earth
At the risk of your life

*repeat

Rise up our phoenix, Hayabusa

till you see the sky of the home

Fly up our phoenix, Hayabusa

till your body burns out

Fly away

"Now I'm home......"

The Orenji Zerii comic from before. I think Izack will like the music... :)

Hayabusa Fukkireta (Nico)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11066737

Also, the はやぶさ Hayabusa tag has had an explosion of posts on pixiv, but you need an account, so...

Found this on Pixiv:

User けまり みずは (Kemari Mizuha)
プロフィールを見る View profile

2010年06月26日 00:00
スーパーグッズ妄想タイム

2010 May 26 00:00
Super-Goods Delusion Time

と思ったら、おなかすいてたせいか 全て食べ物にずれました…  ■ みちびきさんの縦デンプシーロールパン  ■ イカロス君のソーラーセイルフレンチトースト  ■ あかつきくん/きんせいちゃんのスーパーローテーションケーキ  ■ はやぶさくんとミネルバちゃんのイトカワパン  ■ …イトカワパンはチョコぱんのほうがよかったかしら… ◆追記◆投稿時にエラー出たせいで、画像クリックしても大きくなれません…このままでも大丈 夫なサイズだと思いつつ、大きい画像も必要でしょうか…■うっ、新着コメント頂いても告知も出ない 今更再投稿もアレなので、他に特に異常がなければこの ままで…!

So, the result of being hungry, is that everything always resembles food... ■Michibiki-san's Vertical Denbushii Bread Roll ■Master IKAROS' Solar Sail French Toast ■Akatsuki-kun/Venus-chan's Super-Rotation Cake ■Hayabusa-kun and Minerva-chan's Itokawa bread ■I wonder if a Choco-Bread Itokawa bread spinoff would be good... ◆Postscript◆(after this point is Pixiv-specific stuff that you needn't worry about)

11503018_m.jpg

Last edited:

BlueRose

⑨rbinaut
Reaction score
Somehow I never saw Touhou and Satellite-moe coming in Orbiter. Dunno how I've been missing this thread!

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Somehow I never saw Touhou and Satellite-moe coming in Orbiter. Dunno how I've been missing this thread!
Quite a vocabulary there! Those are the sacred words we thought only me and Izack knew! :thumbup:
I just never expected to lurk OF and find an "it came from pixiv" thread.
lurk%20moar%20cats.jpg

:lol:

Anyway it's not really an "it came from Pixiv" thread- It started out as an "it came from my smegging cross-wired tangle of a brain" thread (the XR2 Girl).

Recently there's been a flood of Hayabusa posts on Pixiv so I couldn't miss that.
I'm trying to only get the good ones, so if you don't have an account and don't know Japanese, then I can link to it full-size here.

Don't worry though, I'll try to cut down on Pixiv/Danbooru/E-Shuushuu posts and get back to my own originals. They came from Orbiter-Forum. :)
4632595.jpg

Kaguya Impact!
These are by しきしま Shikishima, the same guy who made "Orbital Pretty" and that GOSAT from before.

768550.jpg

カッコイー!
52102.jpg

58932.jpg

Don't worry, this might be one of the last Hayabusa unless there are any more good ones.
6199629.jpg

She's inside. ;)
Really though, we need an HTV girl. I might do one actually, but I want to do the ones that definitely haven't been done first.

And I swear I'm going to get to scanning soon. There is fun to be had!