OHM Spacecraft3 to DLL&C++ converter 141006

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Could particle streams be implemented? Right now it discards any particle streams defined in the INI files making former SC3 vessels that use them lose them in the converted DLL form.

diogom

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, payloads aren't implemented. Could they be?

Thanks

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Child animation not working

I have already searched this thread about this issue and found nothing. This is the only animation defined in the SC3 configuration file.

A child animation will work just fine in SC3 (the lock door wheel spins before the lock door opens). But when the *.ini file is converted, only the lock door opens leaving behind the groups associated with the lock wheel without rotating the wheel first.

Below a snippet of code from the *.ini file:

Code:
[ANIM_SEQ_0]
; Lock Door and wheel animation key
KEY=5
DURATION=10

[ANIM_COMP_0]
; Lock Door animation definition
SEQ=0
GROUPS=4,5,21,26,27
RANGE=(0.5,1.0)
ROT_PNT=(-1.327,0.072,1.889)
ROT_AXIS=(0,1,0)
ANGLE=-135

[ANIM_COMP_1]
; Lock wheel animation definition
SEQ=1
GROUPS=6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,24,25
RANGE=(0.0,0.5)
ROT_PNT=(-2.001,0.900,1.751)
ROT_AXIS=(0,0,1)
ANGLE=315
PARENT=0

Never mind everyone. I found the problem within 10 minutes after posting this. I changed the SEQ=1 to SEQ=0 in the [ANIM_COMP_1] section and converted again. It now works.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Artlav,

Can you add the payload ability to this ? It makes a great way to have things jettison.

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
No, but your sig made me get thumb prints on my screen...

:lol:

Aaaaa...
2aalpgx.gif

Hope Artlav make it work...

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Anyone else noticed that the string of the source code

Code:
 SetVisibilityLimit(0,0.002);

causes converted vessels' markers in planetarium mode to be visible from any part of the Galaxy when these vessels are landed? Bypassing this string though produce no negative effects and eliminate the problem.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
My SC3 converter seems to be stuck, only able to find and convert one file name. Anyone else see this ?

Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
hey guys i am completely confused about how to use this tool. i have opened it, converted a ini file and it says that the file is converted and a dll has been created but i cant find the dll anywhere!!! where does the program export it to??? please help i am new to orbiter and i dont really know anything...:lol:

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
It converts it, then packs it in to a .zip in the same folder as the converter.

Mr Martian

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
ok well i have put the converter into the orbiter root directory and when i convert a ini file i cant find any zip files or any new files at all??? please help

---------- Post added 08-27-12 at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-26-12 at 04:08 AM ----------

It converts it, then packs it in to a .zip in the same folder as the converter.

ok well i have the converter in the orbiter root directory and when i convert it with the sc3gui tool, it says that it has successfully made the .dll file but i cant find any zip file or any new files at all anywhere in the orbiter folder... please help me...:lol:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
look in sources folder. There should be a folder in there of the converter files

Mr Martian

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
ok well that is strange cos i have got no folder called "source" or "sources" maybe u guys are using a different version of orbiter or something, im using orbiter 2010. ill try and create a "sources" folder or something. thanks

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

well i just created a source and sources folder and nothing worked... :hmm:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
hey guys i am completely confused about how to use this tool. i have opened it, converted a ini file and it says that the file is converted and a dll has been created but i cant find the dll anywhere!!! where does the program export it to???
What was you doing, step by step?

You should launch sc3gui, select the ini you want to convert and press the button:
sc3_a.png

After that, it should say conversion is done, and a zip file with the same name should appear.
sc3_b.png

What happens in your case?
What Windows version do you use?
What folder is Orbiter installed to?

Mr Martian

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
thanks for responding, i do the exact same steps that u show here, and it says that the conversion is done but no zip file appears... i use windows 7 and i have orbiter installed in microsoft games...

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

oh hang on i just moved orbiter to my docs and it worked!!!! must be something to do with admin permissions or something... thanks for your help anyway and this amazing tool!!!! it is so good (especially as i suck at coding and im actually pretty new to computers as well) thanks again. :cheers:

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

um, ok now that i got that working, when i open the c++ code to try and edit it, i cant compile it cos it says it cant locate orbiter.lib and there are a few other problems too, is this normal, or should it compile perfectly???

---------- Post added 08-29-12 at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-28-12 at 07:10 AM ----------

never mind i got it working! but one last thing: when i edit the c++ project and try to compile it as a .dll, it says that it worked with no errors and that it compiled to the named directory, but when i try to locate the .dll file in that directory, there is nothing there... :idk: does anyone else know how or where to find it????? i would really appreciate a bit of help...

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

wait nevermind i figured that out too :lol: ok im good now, soz if i was being a pain in the ass :blush:

spacemonkey81

lost in space
Reaction score
i also downloaded this dll converter, but not sure how to use it, it does work, i can see that from the armdock example, so i guess i have to place files from the thing im trying to covert in the sources folder, but witch files exactly? the armdock example has cpp-files, h-files, sln-files, and vcproj-files in the sources folder, but i cant find any of those types of files on my object, and it is from the spacecraft3-family (the NERVA2)......any of u guys know?

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
You don't need to place anything into source, it's place where the converter place precompiled .dlls. You just have to select any sc3 vessel which is already installed.

spacemonkey81

lost in space
Reaction score
oke....so how do i select it?? :huh:

if i type :config\spacecraft\NERVA2.ini where it says vessel it tells me file not found

Last edited: