OHM SpaceX Mission Package (2016-present)

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
That's because Transporter-1 does a dogleg to a -97 degree inclination orbit before SECO.

Like I said, it's WIP. I have yet to 100% get it accurate myself, but the closest I've found is increasing the inclination to -73.5 about 90 seconds into flight, then after stage separation and fairing deploy increase the inclination to -97.8.

MexSpace

Reaction score
hi, does anyone know how I can make the ISS look like this?
1613346575538.png
Currently it looks like this, how do I do it?
1613346652435.png

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
That's ISS A-to-z. by Donamy. I don't include that in my scenarios as there's already a lot of addons required (I actually do use ISS A-to-Z for my personal use, and at one point in the past I did include it in my scenarios, but it takes a lot of extra addons to get the ISS to where it's at right now). So, for ease of simplicity, I just release these scenarios with the stock ISS.

MexSpace

Reaction score
That's ISS A-to-z. by Donamy. I don't include that in my scenarios as there's already a lot of addons required (I actually do use ISS A-to-Z for my personal use, and at one point in the past I did include it in my scenarios, but it takes a lot of extra addons to get the ISS to where it's at right now). So, for ease of simplicity, I just release these scenarios with the stock ISS.
¿me podrias decir todo lo que tengo que descargar y como le tengo que hacer para que la ISS siempre este asi por favor? or a link

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Further to the discussion about the Starlink launch profiles, it was interesting to see the 1st stage telemetry from the recent L-19 launch, notwithstanding the booster landing failure (or "seagull avoidance manoeuvre" as I prefer to think of it ;-).

The flight profile is quite different from the solution I thought up for the L-15 launch (further back in this thread) - 1st stage apogee was at 116km (much lower than my 165km guess) following MECO at 65km alt. and at velocity of 2203m/s ("groundspeed" I'm assuming).

Now, if you match those figures in Orbiter (I set 1st stage ApA. to 116km and reserve fuel to 19000kg), the 1st stage hits the ocean a good ~30km short of the reported position for OCISLY (lat.32.58, lng.-75.88, from the FCC application here http://bit.do/104483 ).
But...... I note that the FCC application says OCISLY has a "Radius of Operation" of 75km - so does that mean that OCISLY could be as much as 75km uprange from the given lat. / lng. ?

Certainly, it would be easier to get a solution in Orbiter, closer to the actual flight profile, if you place OCISLY ~50km uprange from the reported lat./lng.

Has anybody ever got any position data for OCISLY from any "Marine Vessel Tracking" websites, for the Starlink launches?

Well, I'm just thinking-out-loud since I always wonder why it's so difficult to get a workable flight profile solution for these launches in Orbiter.

All the best,
Brian

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey Brian!

As it so happens, someone keeps a record of all ASDS locations based off their reported locations via marine vessel tracking. These are where I get my coordinates for the droneships for my scenarios: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1wvgFIPuOmI8da9EIB88tHo9vamo&ll=35.65567513480004,-102.24070473358057&z=4
Hi Kyle,
thanks. Yes, I've seen Raul's map (nice piece of work!) but I'm not sure he uses vessel tracking all the time. The L-19 ASDS position pin was on there on 7th Feb, exactly on the FCC application position.

Maybe someone with a Twitter account can ask Raul @Raul74Cz (I don't tweet ;-)

I'm just pondering whether the ASDS position is as reported since the 1st stage ballistic impact point is quite a way (~30km) short if I use the telemetry numbers from L-19 video in Orbiter - and I do trust Orbiter to be reasonably accurate with these things.

Either the ASDS reported position is not accurate, or the telemetry is not accurate(or my interpretation of it is wrong).
Or maybe something else? I'm just interested to get to the bottom of it :)

Cheers,
Brian

MexSpace

Reaction score
I again, I hope not to be a nuisance, but everything that answers me has been very useful, my question is, what MDF can I use to desorbit and re-enter the creew dragon automatically and make it land at an exact point ?

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I again, I hope not to be a nuisance, but everything that answers me has been very useful, my question is, what MDF can I use to desorbit and re-enter the creew dragon automatically and make it land at an exact point ?
Hi,
you could try IMFD "Base Approach", parameters from ISS orbit:
Alt. 120km
ReA. 1.5
Ant. 33.0
Maintain 45deg bank angle.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Brian,

I have OCISLY for Starlink L17 located at -76.050W, 32.379N per MarineTracker

Also, I have the last three Starlink missions up on OHM. February was a much less active month than January was! They'll need to pick up the pace if they actually want to hit 48 launches this year.