Humor Spam, fraud, and e-mails.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Like most folk, I get one of these every few days.

Rev. Benson Wood. From (UNITED NATIONS). The U.S.A Government World Bank I.M.F And United Nations Organization, this is to inform you of your long overdue Payment outstanding in our records. We saw your name in the Central Computer among list of unpaid inheritance claims individuals and have to update your information's through this email contact for immediate confirmation. Your name appeared among the beneficiaries who will receive a part-payment of the sum of $1.5Million USD to you, Credited to Online Bank ATM Card account that was set up for you in World Bank and it has been approved already months ago. However we received an email from one (MR. BRIGHT HOFFMAN) who told us That he is your next of kin and that you died in a car accident last four months back. He has also submitted his contact information's to the office department for the delivery of your ATM Card to him as your inheritor. We are now verifying by contacting your email address as we have in our Bank records before we can make the delivery to him and for us to conclude confirmation if you are dead or not. Please, confirm response immediately to us before our action release your ATM Card to him against your name listed out. Upon this, I request you send your full personal information as soon as possible to our ATM Card Payment Center to enable them

Just thought the UN link has a bit of imagination, and "confirmation if you are dead or not" is a real doosy. Nearly tempted to reply...

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, considering how terribly hard it is to prove in Germany, that you are not dead, I can understand the mechanism of the email....

Standing right in front of the official is no adequate proof that you are alive.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
That's actually a neat deviation from your typical deposed dictator seeking someone's help in getting his funds out of the country.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, considering how terribly hard it is to prove in Germany, that you are not dead, I can understand the mechanism of the email....

That reminds me of the dutch team member I had in Bosnia, that suddenly had to prove that he was still alive in order to not have his health benefits cut... :lol:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That reminds me of the dutch team member I had in Bosnia, that suddenly had to prove that he was still alive in order to not have his health benefits cut... :lol:

I was listening to a Canadian radio show called "As it Happens" the other night and they interviewed a guy who had the same problem with the Canadian government, and I know I've heard similar stories here in the US. Once they issue a death certificate for you, it becomes a nightmare to fix it.

Of course, if you fail to pay a tax or a fee, suddenly they are aware that you yet live...

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Spy music starts

Rev. Benson Wood. From (UNITED NATIONS). The U.S.A Government World Bank I.M.F And United Nations Organization...

20556870.jpg

Hi, Ethan Hunt at the phone
and also welcome to the United Federation of Planets, the CIA, the FBI, OPEC, NASA, MI6, MI7, ISO, Altea Aerospace, the Akademio de Esperanto and many other organizations.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We saw your name in the Central Computer...
Mission-Impossible-Movie-1996-Tom-Cruise-Hanging-from-Ceiling-Computer-Ethan-Hunt-800x535.jpg

Your name appeared among the beneficiaries who will receive a part-payment of the sum of $1.5Million USD to you
2017-Audi-R8-V10-front-three-quarter-02-e1462995915964.jpg

Begins a new life...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
... is a real doosy.
N.

First time I've ever seen an Englishman use the word doosy (= doozy). One of those Americanisms I had to learn when I emigrated to the USA!

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I know of the Duesenberg(who doesn't) and that would be a compliment. However, to me(as an Englishman!) it would be an exclamation, neutral, depends on context. "That last step was a doosy"
I'm fairly sure I heard it in a Laurel and Hardy film?

Probably not used much now, in fact I've never heard anyone use it recently. I should get out more...

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know of the Duesenberg(who doesn't) and that would be a compliment. However, to me(as an Englishman!) it would be an exclamation, neutral, depends on context. "That last step was a doosy"
I'm fairly sure I heard it in a Laurel and Hardy film?

Probably not used much now, in fact I've never heard anyone use it recently. I should get out more...

My first 40-odd years in the UK, I never heard that phrase. My last 10-odd years in the USA, I've heard it maybe 20 times. So yeah, not common, but more US than UK.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
it would be an exclamation, neutral, depends on context. "That last step was a doosy"

Only place I ever heard the word was the Stargate SG-1 episode where Sams father gets a symbiote to cure his cancer...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well, that's interesting, haven't watched much of SG, lack of time. Liked the bits seen, would think the writers know of that phrase. They don't get out much either.

N.