Programming Question spawn a ship that cant be spawned?

zeldafan156

Reaction score
im trying to load the dgcradle in the scenario editor but its not in there, is there a way i can put it in there so i can spawn it?

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
not sure but i think you just make a vessel class cfg for it. they are really small. like this:

Code:
; === Configuration file for vessel class DeltaGliderIV ===
; full sound and new panel by danSteph
ClassName = DeltaGliderIV
Module = DeltaGliderIV
EditorModule = DeltaGliderIV
ImageBmp = Images\Vessels\Default\DeltaGliderIV.bmp

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello. Your vessel configuration files must be placed within the $ORBITER_ROOT/Config/Vessels folder. If you are attempting to use the scenario editor with an existing vessel, make sure:

1. The configuration file is placed in the "Vessels" folder.
2. The config file does not contain the line "EditorCreate = false".

Vessel configuration files define a vessel's parameters for Orbiter. At the very least, the file requires a class name, and a mesh name (if you are not using a dll module, in which case the module itself could add the appropriate meshes).

For example, take a look at Carina.cfg.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
what I do when i make those is this:

look in the folder that computerex is talking about, then make a copy of one of the other vessel config files. it will be called "shipname-copy.cfg" or something like that. just open it with note pad and rewrite the cfg to include the class name etc that you want, they are basically just file names that are associated with your vessel. best way to describe is to look at the ones that are already there, like computerex also said.

anyways when your done just "save" it. then it will already be the correct file suffix/type. then just change the name to a name suitable so it works.

if you want a preview picture you gotta make your own little screenshot and make it the same size as the other little screenshot previews and put it with the other previews in their same folder, then just reference it in your same file you just made.