SSU launch auto pilot

Mission_CDR

Reaction score
When I use SSU, the auto pilot launches the shuttle into an orbit of about 73.58 degrees instead of the desired 74.51 degrees, is there any way that I can control the inclination that the AP launches the shuttle into?

does this work with SSU? [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2783"]PEG Autopilot 070127[/ame]. If not is there any other launch auto pilot that works with SSU?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
just try it :) It should work

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but the PEG MFD should work (most of the SSU autopilot code was copied from the PEG source code).

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but the PEG MFD should work (most of the SSU autopilot code was copied from the PEG source code).
Shouldn't work as PEGMFD requires fake attitude thrusters to control attitude. SSU uses TVC, not fake attitude thrusters for attitude control during ascent.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's true for the last released version.
EDIT: You're right. The latest version of Orbithangar does not uses dummy thrusters for steering. You can use PEG to provide manual steering commands, but not as a full autopilot.

darian

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
When I use SSU, the auto pilot launches the shuttle into an orbit of about 73.58 degrees instead of the desired 74.51 degrees, is there any way that I can control the inclination that the AP launches the shuttle into?

does this work with SSU? http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2783. If not is there any other launch auto pilot that works with SSU?

This is just a simple error in the launch autopilot, nothing major. Simply increase the desired lauch azimuth by about one degree and you should be fine. The autopilot tends to fly to about 1 degree below the desired input. So if you want to fly SSU Alantis to a desired INC of 74.51 simply set the AP INC for 75.51 and it will fly to 74.51. Thats it. :cheers: