Not open for further replies.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
OK, I'll first look at getting the cameras defined as subsystems, but first I wanted to get some GPC stuff off my chest.

Apollofan

Reaction score
SSU 1.25

Hi Guys,

I got 2 questions to SSU 1.25 and i'll hope you could help me here!

Fisrt of all, I want to thank the Devs for another fine Add-On. It's although quit impressive and looks really great!

Question 1:

When starting the STS-120 scenario, i've prepared the APU's, started the APU's and Gangway and Beaniecap are fully retracted. Everything is set like in the checklist.

At T-0.06 seconds i was pushing the "+" button and i could clearly see that the SSME's and after that, the SRB's have ignition. But it seemed that somewhat is keeping the Shuttle on the Launchpad. I've no Lift-off here. It seemed to be still attached on the Pad. I can't figure out why.

Maybe i missed or oversaw something, what to do!?

Question 2:

How can i switch the MFD Displays to CRT? If i turn the MFD's on, there will be always the orbit MFD displayed. I still remember some little knob to click at for calling the MFD menu...but i can't find it here.

What to do? How do you guys switch to CRT or other programs?

Besides, CRT is activated in the modules-section!

Thanks for helping out!!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Question 1:

When starting the STS-120 scenario, i've prepared the APU's, started the APU's and Gangway and Beaniecap are fully retracted. Everything is set like in the checklist.

At T-0.06 seconds i was pushing the "+" button and i could clearly see that the SSME's and after that, the SRB's have ignition. But it seemed that somewhat is keeping the Shuttle on the Launchpad. I've no Lift-off here. It seemed to be still attached on the Pad. I can't figure out why.

Maybe i missed or oversaw something, what to do!?

Don't push +. I am not sure in the moment, how automatic sequence and manual ignition work together, so don't mix them. Usually, the attachment of the Shuttle to the MLP should be released with SRB ignition.

Question 2:

How can i switch the MFD Displays to CRT? If i turn the MFD's on, there will be always the orbit MFD displayed. I still remember some little knob to click at for calling the MFD menu...but i can't find it here.

What to do? How do you guys switch to CRT or other programs?

Besides, CRT is activated in the modules-section!

I am sure it stands in the manual - like on Orbiters Shuttle, the right most soft-button of the MDU can be used for switching the MFD mode. Just press and hold it for some seconds.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
All the launch scenarios included with SSU are set up so the shuttle will launch automatically at the correct time (as define by the LAUNCH_MJD value). Pressing the +button will ignite the engines, but the shuttle won't launch.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
All the launch scenarios included with SSU are set up so the shuttle will launch automatically at the correct time (as define by the LAUNCH_MJD value). Pressing the +button will ignite the engines, but the shuttle won't launch.

Just as a note, the Checklist Doc still says to manualy ignite the engines as well as pushing
[*] at MECO. I believe this was left in from the previous version. I think that is were the confusion is coming from.;)

Zerofay32

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Would it be possible to program the auto sequences for the RMS and OBSS? I'm not asking for this to be done now, just wondering if it's possible.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It'll take quite a bit of work, but it's certainly possible.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Would it be possible to program the auto sequences for the RMS and OBSS? I'm not asking for this to be done now, just wondering if it's possible.

I can sure implement the data into the Mission files, i just need to look again, how they are programmed in the real Shuttle.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I still get this in STS-126 docking with ISS scenario even with SiameseCat's dll's.
shuttleshishkebab.png

Also, don't forget about the misalligned hardstand for 39B and its missing RSS:
39ballignment.png

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The OBSS bug is because of a problem in the scenario. I've updated my post above (#84) to add the corrected version of this scenario.
The RSS is a vessel and not part of the base, so you can add another one to the scenario if you want. The main reason it's missing is to avoid having to render the mesh.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry SiameseCat, I got the other scenarois and the dll,s but I missed the docking scenario. Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:07 PM ----------

A question. If pad 39B's hardstand is in Config\Base\SSU instead of being a vessel in the scenario, how will you manage historic missions launched from 39B?

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Also, it seems MM101-106 don't work. I can only get OPS 201, OPS 202, and SPEC 20

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Also, it seems MM101-106 don't work. I can only get OPS 201, OPS 202, and SPEC 20

Yes, it did not get ported to the new MDU interface, it will return with a patch for SSU 1.25.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. If you're interested these are the edits for the Config\Earth\SSU\Canaveral and scenarios to correctly position 39B as a vessel:

Config\Earth\SSU\Canaveral:
Delete

MESH ; Pad 39B base
FILE SSU\LC39A_hardstand
POS -10830 0 4986
ROT 180
OWNMATERIAL
SHADOW
PRELOAD

Add

MESH ; Pad 39B water tower
FILE SSU\LC-39_watertower
POS -11130 47 5060
ROT 180
OWNMATERIAL
SHADOW
PRELOAD
END

To the scenarios add:

LC39B:SSU_Pad
STATUS Landed Earth
POS -80.6207920 28.6272650
HEADING 270.00
NAVFREQ 0 0
ACCESS_ARM 0 0.0000
GVA 0 0.0000
VENTHOOD 0 0.0000
FSS_OWP 0 0.0000
RSS_OWP 0 0.0000
RSS 1 1.0000
FSS_GH2 0 0.0000
FSS_IAA 0 0.0000
GOX_SEQUENCE 2
END

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Is the RMS controllable through the RMS dialog box?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I believe it still is, but it's much more fun with the joystick. ;)

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I believe it still is, but it's much more fun with the joystick. ;)

I haven't had a joystick since I started flying Orbiter in 2002. I wasn't able to move the RMS with the dialogue box in either the Atlantis cockpit or STS-126 docking scenarios. Has anyone else had this issue?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I haven't had a joystick since I started flying Orbiter in 2002. I wasn't able to move the RMS with the dialogue box in either the Atlantis cockpit or STS-126 docking scenarios. Has anyone else had this issue?
Make sure that the RMS MODE rotary switch is in the SINGLE or DIRECT modes.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You don't actually need a joystick for this; the keyboard works fine. The idea is to use the thruster commands (either from the joystick or keyboard) to control the arm. The RMS MODE switch has to be in either ORB UNL or END EFF for this.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Also I believe you have to press "cntrl+A" to change from the RCS to RMS mode, then keypad "/" for rotation mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.