New Release Star Trek, USS Enterpise, Galileo-7 Shuttle, and two Klingon ships

weirdguy

Reaction score
I uploaded a new add-on to Orbiter Hangar. It is a simplistic add-on by Orbiter standards, but the Meshes I made are fairly nice. They are 4 ships and 1 space station.

I say simplistic, as I don't use textures, and don't use Vinka's Spacecraft DLL. I modeled the details of the ships in 3D, and used old school Config files to make the ships fly.

The total number of ships are....

1. USS Enterprise, the refit version from Star Trek movies.
2. Galileo-7, the shuttle seen in Star Trek V
3. Space Dock, a slightly updated version of the dock I used in The Birth of the Federation, which now has spotlight panels in the framework
4. The Klingon K'Tinga battlecruiser
5. The Klingon Z'gal battleship, which appears in the FASA RPG and model kits only. It was never on screen, but it is a nice ship anyway.

Zgal1.jpg

EnterpriseA.JPG

Last edited:

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
It would be great to add a few decks inside as well and have a camera to move about - somewhat like Arrow. Then integrate with RWarp MFD for warp speed :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It would be great to add a few decks inside as well and have a camera to move about - somewhat like Arrow. Then integrate with RWarp MFD for warp speed :)

There is a nice homepage with such deck plans... it is just that nobody wants to make the graphics for such an add-on.

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/

weirdguy

Reaction score
Ok, what is the "arrow" and what is special about it's decks?

And which Klingon ship is the one you liked? The Z'gal?

By the way, I am going to make a ship with decks, but something smaller like the ship from the cover of the X-com UFO Defense game.

Last edited:

ezelite

Reaction score
Have you considered importing bridge models from other games, such as bridge commander 3? Your model is very nice, and i like that you made the hanger bay. Camera points would be an amazing addition that seems to be lacking from other ST orbiter vessels. Being able to switch between shots from the bridge, observation lounge and hanger bay would be ideal! I would also like to see a higher polycount on the dish section. UCGO support like the arrow freighter would be the holy grail for any ST addon...especially if the grapple function had an orbital range, the button said "transport" and it played a nice sound effect:)

A view from a spacedock observation lounge as well please...not asking too much i hope !

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
UCGO support like the arrow freighter would be the holy grail for any ST addon...especially if the grapple function had an orbital range, the button said "transport" and it played a nice sound effect:)
That is a GREAT idea! :thumbup:

weirdguy

Reaction score
Have you considered importing bridge models from other games, such as bridge commander 3? Your model is very nice, and i like that you made the hanger bay. Camera points would be an amazing addition that seems to be lacking from other ST orbiter vessels. Being able to switch between shots from the bridge, observation lounge and hanger bay would be ideal! I would also like to see a higher polycount on the dish section. UCGO support like the arrow freighter would be the holy grail for any ST addon...especially if the grapple function had an orbital range, the button said "transport" and it played a nice sound effect:)

A view from a spacedock observation lounge as well please...not asking too much i hope !

Actually, you are asking quite a lot in fact.

So, the answer is no, I don't think I will do anything and just leave the add-on as it stands.

ezelite

Reaction score
Well its good as it stands so thanks for an excellent model.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The Klingon D-9 Z'Gal was ment to replace the original D-7 but the design was underpowered and had flaws in several critical areas ..... so the Klingons beefed up the D-7 design to the current D-7a BatLeth