Gaming Steam's "Portal"

atuhalpa

Orbinaut
Reaction score
Has anyone played the Steam puzzle game "Portal"? I finally bought it and have been thoroughly entertained.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I think its a good game, but I think the game is a bit short but I think there is a addon that gives the game a few more levels to play

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I played through Portal once. Haven't bothered to do it again. My complaint would be that it is many short levels and like two longer levels, and an overall short game. Haven't tried Prelude but I think I'll do that sometime soon.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I have the Still Alive expansion for 360. I also made several Aperture Science repaints for Orbiter vessels on orbithangar, if you wanna check em ou-*banned for self advertisement*

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Have it, Love it, the ammount of piracy protection makes it a pain in the @$$ to install, especialy if you are reinstalling.

kwan3217

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
GlaDOS totally makes the game.

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail."
"Do not touch the operational end of the Device. Do not look into the operational end of the Device. Do not immerse the Device in liquid, even partially. Most important, don't ever, ever, ever.....{garbled}"
"Failure will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your permanent test record, followed by death."

I have found Steam to be unobtrusive and in general not a problem, but I haven't tried to reinstall anything yet. I even got Portal over the net with Steam.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I have a piece of "Internet safety" software that prevents me from downloading from Steam. We can turn it off every now and then, it's just annoying.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Portal is a beautiful short little game. A slightly more challenging finale would have been nice, but it wasn't far off from being a perfect game.

Portal is one of the few games I know of that have lived up to the hype. Like Turtles in Time it is a masterpiece.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have a piece of "Internet safety" software that prevents me from downloading from Steam. We can turn it off every now and then, it's just annoying.
You can also just buy Portal at the store, I think it's like $10 standalone.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Even when you buy it standalone you need to get a steam account to play it. My brother wanted to buy it, but when I saw that requirement on the box I convinced him not to buy it.

atuhalpa

Orbinaut
Reaction score
I don't like Steam's pirate protection program but after what happened to them regarding half life 2 (I believe) I don' really blame them.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I just picked up a copy off Steam today, but I have 2 problems. I can't open the console, and the GLaDOS, Turret, Curiosity and Cake core voices are all missing.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
I just picked up a copy off Steam today, but I have 2 problems. I can't open the console, and the GLaDOS, Turret, Curiosity and Cake core voices are all missing.
Chase the steam technical support guys about it.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
wait what ? steam has technical support ? reinstalling it should fix that problem