Question Strange english word to me not relationed closely with Orbiter

ARMSTRONG

God of the Space
Reaction score
Hi all. I am sorry but I don't know where can I find help for my issue. And maybe you guys can help me. I am spanish and I am not sure if I read it correctly or if the word really exist but, in any case, the word exist in fact. But, first I must explain a little things.

I have a book about the history of the aviation. And, this book have some reproductions of some real documents. And one of them consist in the "little" log used by Arthur W. Brown the man that crossed the atlantic without scales firstly with John Alcock in the famous Vickers Vimy. All was writed with pencil so it is hard to me read it. But I think that I can read this.

"At 15-10 (this means 15:10 g.m.t.) ran into thich for bank at 3500 m- and spiralled down to 100 before recovering. Climbed to 6200 log (maybe log I am not sure) 15-48 but unable to get any obs. "

The word that I can't find in word reference or in the google translator, is "thich".

Please :3 Is here someone with capacity to know and explain to me it's meaning?

PD: I can only say that the word is relationed with Air speed. Cause the same word appear in the field labeled like A.S. (A.S. for Air Speed)

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The word that I can't find in word reference or in the google translator, is "thich".

Its no english word, its a waypoint for navigation : THICH

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
"thich for bank" = "thick fog bank".

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
"At 15-10 ran into thick fog bank at 3500 m- and spiralled down to 100 before recovering. Climbed to 6200 log 15-48 but unable to get any obs. "

"thich for bank" = "thick fog bank".

Most likely this is correct, especially as this seems to be is saying he could not get a star fix or other observations (obs) for navigation at the end.

I think log may be an abbreviation for "level over ground" but it could also be something else as the hand writing may be indistinct.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
:shifty:

sounds like a hair-raising experience. thats probably enough to get the adrenaline going a little bit

ARMSTRONG

God of the Space
Reaction score
Thank you vey much guys XD is true all indicates that it is thick fog bank. XDD And this means that he coulnd't check the air speed cause it. Amazing odyssey. So crazy.

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Climbed to 6200 log (maybe log I am not sure) 15-48 but unable to get any obs. "

Could this be a log entry at 15:48hrs