Shuttle Fleet STS-132 Expansion pack series now released at OH

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Now posted on Orbithangar, the initial release of the STS-132 expansion pack series:

Expansion pack users:
[nomedia="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4589"]STS-132 Expansion Pack[/nomedia]

Special Edition (Med/Hi Res KSC) users:
[nomedia="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4590"]STS-132 Expansion Pack (Special Edition)[/nomedia]

The payloads are courtesy of Don Gallagher ("Donamy"); as always, thanks go to Don for his wonderful work. Included in these packages are two initial scenarios based upon a launch on 14 May at 18:19:59 UTC. In addition to the launch scenario, a rendezvous scenario on flight day 3 (FD3) is included; docking is scheduled for ~14:20 UTC, 16 May. As better state vectors become available, updates will be provided.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! :cheers:

Don, that MRM-1 is AMAZING!!! :thumbup:

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Excellent job as always David !
Thanks a million

:thumbup:

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
PLEASE READ - Update necessary soon

Hi everybody,

The STS-132 Flight Data Files were just published today on the NASA website (http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/news/flightdatafiles/index.html) and I found that when following the PDRS supplement to grapple and remove the MRM from the payload bay, the .ini files don't have the necessary "ID" coding for the SRMS to grapple the payloads. So...

I'm working on an update to the .ini files and should be able to update the packages and release them in the next 24 to 48 hours. For sure in the next 24 hours I'll post updated .ini files in this thread for download and installation.

Sorry for this, I'll correct it as quick as I can (real-world work is the only problem...)

Dave

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Updated MRM (Allows grappling)

This will replace the MRM ini file and allows for grappling with the SRMS and SSRMS arms. Unzip the same as you would the entire Expansion pack into your Orbiter directory. This file is common to both the main expansion pack and the Special Edition expansion pack.

Dave

Attachments

• MRMCorrection.zip
    652 bytes · Views: 18

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Packages now updated based on new state vectors

Both packages have been updated with additional FD1 and FD2 scenarios based upon latest state vectors. The launch time has been adjusted to 18:20:08 UTC.

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hello David,
thanks so much for all your hard work on the Shuttle fleet.

A tiny question: I had run Orbiter with your 4.3 version parallel to the real launch of STS-132. All event timings during launch to orbit were spot on, however it looked like the roll-reversal to heads-up position on the real Atlantis was slower, by the time your 4.3 Atlantis was finished with the roll maneuver, the real Shuttle still had about 70° of roll left until wings were level. Is this something that can be changed or adjusted, in case my observation is valid? Thanks for taking your time!

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I found a little bug but its not that noticable.

The attachments on the MBS are inaccurate, as the Dextre and the ICC are attached in a weird place. I have attached a picture of the problem. it was found on the MRM handoff scenario

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 11

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Cannot reproduce this problem

I found a little bug but its not that noticable.

The attachments on the MBS are inaccurate, as the Dextre and the ICC are attached in a weird place. I have attached a picture of the problem. it was found on the MRM handoff scenario

I cannot reproduce this problem. Anybody else?

notbug.png

Are you sure you have the latest Expansion pack (main package) and STS-132 Expansion pack?

Last edited:

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Im stupid. I installed it in the wrong order. everything is working fine now. Thanks

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
While I'm glad to hear that you have solved your problem, again I'm disappointed that folks don't read the documentation that I provide with the packages first, and then post "bug" reports that in fact are a result of not reading the documentation.

Dave

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Dave, do you have any thoughts on the roll reversal maneuver described above? I scanned your documentation for any hints, so far no joy. Thank you.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Roll to Heads Up (RTHU) not adjustable

I've been looking at this since you first mentioned it. The background documentation I have says that the RTHU is performed at 5 degrees/second. To roll 180 degrees then would take 36 seconds. The Shuttle fleet vehicle is making the roll in 23 seconds. So, I have a beta version that is adjusted to closer to the 36 second roll. I'm flight testing it now, if I don't uncover any significant problems, I'll leave it in the next version of the fleet, which I'll plan on releasing before the next real shuttle flight.

Incidentally, the proper name is the "Roll to Heads Up (RTHU)" not a roll reversal. Roll reversals are flown during entry to control drag and maintain relative course alignment. :thumbup:

I think I have the issue resolved, but it's not enough of a change to warrant a patch release.

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Cool, that sounds very good, Dave. Thanks for checking. Looking forward to the next SF release.