OHM STS-51 Acts Satellite

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: hutchison66

Hi  sorry there was a slight mistake on the last version of the Flight   you couldn't grapple the Orpheus  fixed now..

STS-51 for Shuttle Fleet Launching the First all Digital Satelitte

Flight payload is the Tos/ACTS Assembly and The SPAS/Orpheus Infra red SAT

Install ISS V3.2 for the Launch Pad (Love it Thorton Thanks)

and Shuttle Fleet V4+

The TOS was a totally different Upper stage Assembly

you need to select the The TOS ASE first press K to extend restraint first before deploying the ACTS assembly

Thanks to JacquesMomo I used your Spas as a Basis for the Orpheus System

just Like NASA did modding the original Spas Assembly

Thanks

David

DOWNLOAD

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Only nitpick is that STS-51 was Discovery in the original livery, not Endeavour, but this is a terrific edition to Shuttle Fleet! Thank you!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Also it was no IUS stage on a TOS ASE, but really a TOS, a Transfer Orbit Stage. Only flew once on the STS and once on a Titan III. Not sure how it was related to the IUS, it does not look like it was using an IUS motor.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
TOS had the Orbus 21, which was also on the first stage of IUS.

EDIT/UPDATE: There was also supposed to be an apogee maneuvering stage for TOS, but never flew. I saw on NTRS that its use was being studied for TDRS and Magellan.

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
The TOS was to be flown with the MOS and launched from a shuttle. It was launched from an expendable booster after Challenger.

---------- Post added 02-17-16 at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 02-16-16 at 10:15 PM ----------

Once again many thanks for keeping the shuttles flying and these payloads alive

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Only nitpick is that STS-51 was Discovery in the original livery, not Endeavour, but this is a terrific edition to Shuttle Fleet! Thank you!

Sorry about that I have every Shuttle Launch set up and used place setters and thought it was changed and never noticed, any way will sort it
Also I know it isn't the IUS it was the Original names I used with for all the IUS it was just the name didn't think it was a big deal but can change it if you want THanks

STS-600CDR

Reaction score
It freezes up upon open

Hi. For some reason, I don't know why, this one freezes just as it opens. It seems when I hit the rotate screen on my laptop, it starts working. Hmm

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Is it a one of the newer tablets? My kiddo is having troubles with her laptop, but it seems to me that it's more of a tablet than a laptop. :shrug:

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi there I Changed over to windows 10 as I keep getting asked on my HP Pavilion 23 (excellent machine) and when I ran my Accurate ISS model before I was getting a frame rate about 16/17 FPS ( its really big) but when I changed over to windows 10 it went down to 2 or 3 FPS so I went back to Windows 8 so I wouldn't be surprised you get problems with newer Laptops as I told Barry Maybe better to get machines that are still sold with Windows 8 been tempted to get a Windows 8 Tablet to do some work away from my Main Machine

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
A few of the numbers are slightly off in the config, but other than that it works fine for me.

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
ACCurate ISS

Care to share ?

wish I could Donamy its got every ISS module and Addon out there and some I've done myself its getting it all together and I have no idea who's work it includes, I keep adding to it and altering it Jem RMS (from Canada arm 3) and Jem Bus was the last mod.

ISS-5.jpg

ISS-7.jpg

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Here is my ISS AtoZ with my updates.

Attachments

• ISScurrent.jpg
    ISScurrent.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 33
  • ISScurrent2.jpg
    ISScurrent2.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 34

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, I took them from roughly the same angles. If you look close, you will see some modules are not in the same locations.

STS-600CDR

Reaction score
I'm still using a IBM Thinkpad several years old, one of the tablet types with Windows XP and eventhough the plug was pulled on XP a couple of years ago, taking my chances using it, I kinda cling to older machines, to what I know. Old habits die hard I guess :) For now I'm living with the freezing issue and pushing the page rotate button as necessary to make it unfreeze and move along, not sure what else to do. I launched, I've got the mission in orbit [quicksaved] and upon trying to grapple the ORFEUS, it can't be grappled, no red arrow when I turn 'show grapple points' so that's another wrinkle. I don't know if I'm wording this right.