STS-FA7-B

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
July 08 2010

Currently at Pad 39 B, KSC staff is getting ready for the launch of Space Shuttle Endeavour on mission STS-FA7-B to Space Station Freedom. This mission will deliver the Zero Trusses (Port 0 and Starboard 0) to the station. To make way for the shuttle, the station crew has moved the Dragon-C craft to a CBM port on the zenith side of the station (it was berthed to a nadir port. This will be the first shuttle flight to the SSF with the Dragon docked. Through the coarse of the mission, the station robotic arm will be moved onto the S0 truss after it is installed.

UPDATE:
Launch has been delayed do to the my install being messed up. Shuttle Fleet keeps CTDing after 100 seconds. I had this issue about a year ago but I can't remember how I fixed it.
Issue has gone away. Not exactly sure why though. Oh well the count will resume shortly.

UPDATE:
STS-FA7-B is underway. Endeavour had a picture perfect ascent and insertion and is on its way to the SSF.

UPDATE: July 09 2010
FD 2 has come to a close and STS-FA7-B is in good shape for its docking with Space Station Freedom tomarrow. The TPS survey kept the crew occupied through the whole day and no problems were incountered. Endeavour is in good health and is taking good care of her crew and payloads.

UPDATE: July 10 2010
Endeavour is preparing for its meeting with the SSF with docking scheduled later today.
STS-FA7-B is now safely docked to SSF.

UPDATE: July 17 2010

Endeavour is safely back to KSC. After undocking on FD8 the shuttle performed a fly around of Space Station Freedom (See photos). After performing the deorbit burn around 10:30am on FD9 the shuttle landed on runway 33 at 11:25am.

Next flight to the SSF will be the HL-20 Justice launched via a Titan III rocket. After the launch of the Justice, the Freedom Expedition 2 crew will leave the station in the HL-20 Independence in an emergency evacuation drill to test the procedures. The FE 2 crew will undock from the station so when they are clear for the SSF they can do and imediate deorbit burn to land at KSC. The Justice will rondevous with the SSF a day or two later. The Justice crew will be testing the emergency launch procedures in order to get to the station in the quickest time posible.

Attachments

• STS-FA7-B 01.jpg
    STS-FA7-B 01.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 90
  • STS-FA7-B 02.jpg
    STS-FA7-B 02.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 99
  • STS-FA7-B 03.jpg
    STS-FA7-B 03.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 93
  • STS-FA7-B 05.jpg
    STS-FA7-B 05.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 86
  • STS-FA7-B 07.jpg
    STS-FA7-B 07.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 72

Matte

Reaction score
GREAT! good luck for the construction of your space station!! godspeed to your crew!