Survey: beta compatibility

Marg

Reaction score
Somehow local light source addons like spotlight2.dll do not work in Orbiter BETA (CTD when loading scenario).

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Compatibility is a little problematic concept. If a compatibility is essential then it means that very little new can be implemented. If the current situation is that very few add-ons are working then it might be good idea to consider cleaning up the API, is there a point keeping API functions those are not graphics client compatible ? Also shifting the API logic towards a newer versions of DirectX could help. Even if the API is cleaned up it should be pretty simple to upgrade older add-ons as long as the developer is still present. With a solid API we should be doing fine the next 10 years.

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Touchdown points in 2010 / 2015?

is there a method to define touchdown points, that work both for Orbiter 2010 and 2015?

I thought it would be sufficient to have them stick out of the size sphere, but still my vessels tumble over after landing. I made two separate sets of touchdown points, one for 2010, the other for 2015. The example shows a belly lander's gear:

Size = 5
;TouchdownPoints = 0 -6.8 -15 -5 -6.8 13 5 -6.8 13 ;for Orbiter 2015
TouchdownPoints = 4 -6.8 0 0 -6.8 4 -4 -6.8 0 ;for Orbiter 2010

I comment them out manually, depending on which Orbiter version I run. But I guess there is an easier solution for such a simple thing, right?

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
is there a method to define touchdown points, that work both for Orbiter 2010 and 2015?

I thought it would be sufficient to have them stick out of the size sphere, but still my vessels tumble over after landing. I made two separate sets of touchdown points, one for 2010, the other for 2015. The example shows a belly lander's gear:

Size = 5
;TouchdownPoints = 0 -6.8 -15 -5 -6.8 13 5 -6.8 13 ;for Orbiter 2015
TouchdownPoints = 4 -6.8 0 0 -6.8 4 -4 -6.8 0 ;for Orbiter 2010

I comment them out manually, depending on which Orbiter version I run. But I guess there is an easier solution for such a simple thing, right?

Not an answer to your question, but if there is no common method to define touchdown points, you can use
PHP:
if (oapiGetOrbiterVersion() > 100830) // Running Beta, insert new touchdown points
else // Running Orbiter 2010 or older
to determine whether you should use old or new code.

Last edited:

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Like Francis drake I've been having trouble with my Lunar Module tumbling, however my problem seems to be a result of the "VESSELSTATUS *.status" not getting set properly after touchdown.

Shooting approaches to Brighton Beach, I land smoothly, and cut my thrusters. Groundspeed will show 0.0, and everything will appear in order. But the moment I turn on time acceleration, I'll either tip-over or get thrown into NaN-space.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Same here, i've had a really hard time to have an acceptable behaviour for touchdown points of MS2015. And anyway now it's only acceptable, and for example status never gets back to IDLE

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
SC3 runs, but shows weird behavior when jettison payloads: they get misplaced and rotated. This gets obvious when trying the "Russian dolls" scenario.

I confirm (same): problem during stage separation with my add-on Chandra (and others)
(all with Chandra is Spacecraft3)