T+ 376 Days Engineering Log

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
After 10 days of phasing burns to reduce our EOI burn, it still took over 15 minutes of burn time before we were in a comfortable LEO and on approach to the ISS. Final docking with the ISS occurred at T+ 375 Days, 20 hours, 15 minutes, 10 seconds into the mission.

Now that we are safely docked with the ISS, a wide range of tests will be performed on all the systems and subsystems of the SSTV-01. We will also get a 2nd XR5 docked with us as well as various replacements and supplies that were consumed so far during this mission. Doing this in LEO instead of at the Lunar Station will reduce the turn around time before our 2nd mission to Titan and also allow us to depart for Saturn directly from the Moon to Earth transfer orbit.

Current plans are for our 2nd mission to depart directly from the Lunar Station without a stopover at the ISS. This will require a more complicated calculation for the Trans Saturn Injection (TSI) burn than was needed for the TJI burn but it will save us significant amounts of fuel and time.

All boards are yellow at this time as most of our systems have been shut down or are in maintenance/testing mode.

Remaining mission timeline is as follows:
  • T+390 days Undocking and TLI
  • T+393 days LOI and docking with lunar station and official end to mission #1
Dantassii

Dantassii

Reaction score
Yup, but I'm not actually flying the mission, I'm just using the SSTV as the spacecraft in a story I actually wrote down back in 1990. The Mission to Titan will be a new story that I will make up as I fly it 'in real time'. :) And then there's the mission to Pluto scheduled for SSTV-02's maiden voyage.

Dantassii