Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
:welcome: to you all! Say goodbye to your free time and hail :probe: !

mkc_1

Reaction score
New to the forum but not to orbiter. I now am having problems with orbiter that i hope can be solved through this community.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum ! just ask the questions and we'll try our best to help :thumbup:

dissident

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Hi everyone

My name is Gerard, I'm from South Africa. I'm an amateur astronomer, and an armchair pilot and planet hopper.

I first played Orbiter in 2006. At the time I had Windows on my computer and Orbiter was one of the things I booted into Windows for. I still had my Orbiter installation with addons, textures etc., tucked away in a folder but eventually stopped playing as I need to use Windows less and less for work.

I've since been able to migrate completely to Linux and in thinking back to things I loved spending time doing, zipping about the solar system in my Delta was one of them. I'm now actively trying to get it running on Linux.

My setup has improved a lot since then, super large monitor and kickass sound system. Hopefully I get to feel the old familiar roar soon again.

Anyway, thats me. Hi.

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi everyone

My name is Gerard, I'm from South Africa. I'm an amateur astronomer, and an armchair pilot and planet hopper.

I first played Orbiter in 2006. At the time I had Windows on my computer and Orbiter was one of the things I booted into Windows for. I still had my Orbiter installation with addons, textures etc., tucked away in a folder but eventually stopped playing as I need to use Windows less and less for work.

I've since been able to migrate completely to Linux and in thinking back to things I loved spending time doing, zipping about the solar system in my Delta was one of them. I'm now actively trying to get it running on Linux.

My setup has improved a lot since then, super large monitor and kickass sound system. Hopefully I get to feel the old familiar roar soon again.

Anyway, thats me. Hi.

Hi! :tiphat: I am also an amateur astronomer observing in the UK. I've seen some nice stuff - M31, M42, M1, M32, Double cluster quite a few messier clusters, Mars, Jupiter + cloud belts and moons, countless red giant and other coloured stars. Satellites, Iridium flares and meteors are great to see too.

I played FSX solely before Orbiter, and it is now a training aid for my PPL.

Let me know how your astronomy goes!

George.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Welcome to OF, dissident. Have a look here for some help with getting Orbiter working on Linux.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My name is Gerard, I'm from South Africa.

:welcome: to Orbiter-Forums, Gerard!

Always good to see more South Africans here. :)

BigWingBoy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Gene. I live in Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA. I've been an Orbinaut for years now, and am coming out of the lurker closet. I'm learning how to work with meshes and textures so I can customize runway and landing pad markings and bases. I'm also creating a set of audio files for our Orbiter bases.

I am grateful to Martin and all the developers for keeping this program free and interesting. I've learned so much reading our manuals and tutorials. Sticking to learning Orbiter is enriching!

I look forward to meeting you all.

Happy Orbiting!

Gene Harriman
Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Gene. I live in Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA. I've been an Orbinaut for years now, and am coming out of the lurker closet. I'm learning how to work with meshes and textures so I can customize runway and landing pad markings and bases. I'm also creating a set of audio files for our Orbiter bases.

I am grateful to Martin and all the developers for keeping this program free and interesting. I've learned so much reading our manuals and tutorials. Sticking to learning Orbiter is enriching!

I look forward to meeting you all.

Happy Orbiting!

Gene Harriman
Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum, Gene!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hey Gene, I'm a stones throw from you in Middleboro. Welcome out !!

DrCrippen

Reaction score
Hello, I am brand new to the forums but have enjoyed orbiter for about two years now. I am looking to expand my Orbiter knowledge and broaden my horizons.

I live in Dallas where I am a Chef. I moved here last year after my wife finished grad school. I am originally from Louisiana.
I have always been interested in flying and science for as long as I can remember.
My Orbiter skills are pretty limited tio be honest and I hope to learn from all of you guys in the future.

Other than that, Im pretty boring.

So hello to all and thank you in advance for your help.

RGClark

Mathematician
Reaction score
Website
exoscientist.blogspot.com
I teach math at an east coast university. Always been interested in space travel. I'm most interested in discussing space travel using the space shuttle and otherwise. I haven't tried the Orbiter simulation program yet but I will.

Bob Clark

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
:welcome: to O-F we are generally a rather friendly and helpful group, I hope that you enjoy your stay!

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Petr Čížek. I am 18 years old. I come from Velké Hamry - a small town in northern part of the Czech Republic. I've been using orbiter since i was 15 years old. Now I can say, that Orbiter is the best thing i've ever installed on my computer. I've also completed several projects (Star Trek Universe, 2122: Atum system), but my skills are nothing more than work with notepad and several simple editors.
Most of my work is just imagination and creativity

My hobbys are military, history, aeronautics, and space.
And also good films about military, history, aeronautics or space :)

Now I'm studying on law-economical high school in Liberec. Bad choice. I'm going to study history on university one day...