The Arrow Freighter available in papercraft model

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Edy has done the Arrow Freighter in papercraft model, 1:400 scale. The result look great. (other skins also available)

file.php

The blueprint is available ready to print & build here:
http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page=addon&id=185

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
That's epic! I'm halfway through a 1:96 Saturn V at the moment, but this will be going into the build queue.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The ship is great looking, but it seems you found the dirtiest spot on the floor to put it on and take a picture :lol:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Edy told me that he would like to do a "mini DGIV" at the same scale, that would be pretty funny for a diorama
eek.gif

But he didn't promise anything yet.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
So no DGIV yet, but Edy is working right now on a landing gears, crew and rover lift kit.
He said that adding gears and crew lift will be easy on the finished model but more difficult for the rover's lift.

elocoreloco

Reaction score
This is one of those things that you may want to hang on your ceiling with strings and give a sense that it's orbiting. great work!

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
The addon has been updated with the landings gear, rover and crew lifts as announced three posts above. http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page=addon&id=185
Edy will most probably work now on a mini Azure rover, I did send the model to him. At this scale it should be about 3cm long so not much details I guess !?

This is one of those things that you may want to hang on your ceiling with strings and give a sense that it's orbiting. great work!

I would personnaly do that and love to have a mini DGIV to hang under as if it was in docking approach... with the bay open that would be stunning !

Last edited:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Update:

The model was updated by Edy with also the blueprint to construct the Azure rover (2.6cm lenght, good eyes required)
He started to work on the DGIV...

azure_edy2.jpg

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Update:

Thanks to Edy, now the blueprint contain also the DGIV with all skins in different scale: 1:400 like the Arrow Freighter but also 1:200 and 1:100

Here the DGIV is docked on the rear dock
ArrowEtDGIV1.jpg

Here the DGIV at 1:400 scale with nose and bay open and also the Azure Rover, the cones figure the hover smoke but they are not mandatory of course,
Edy told me that he is working on the landing gear.
ArrowEtDGIV2.jpg

Happy gluing :)

Last edited: