The biggest disaster you have caused in Orbiter

Chub777

Reaction score
Uhhhhh...... Using a harp gun and firing cars at the earth with muzzle velocity set at 50,000 kms+.
I didn't even burn up, in fact i went through the earth.

HAHAAHAHAH! i defied the laws of physics.

LOL. Your car dug through.

FYI: Re-entries generally occur at well over mach 20. Unless you meant "Mach 70" then it isn't realy much of a disaster

Just say it was very fast.:lol:

barcode

Reaction score
There was one time a collision detection bug in an old version of Orulex caused a few of my Prelude II bases to spontaneously hurl themselves upwards at a significant fraction of the speed of light. That was fun.

Foofoo14

Reaction score
Oh! The very very first time i played orbiter, when i was completely blind to the controls, i got the thrusters to work then i ended up pressing t too many times.
I called it ludicrous speed.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Today I learned about microdrag and time acceleration. :(
All set up to send an Arrow to Uranus.
I was starting to wonder how I'd replenish my fuel and oxygen for the trip home. Luckily the ISS beat me there. :rofl: (*Not really. I put that there before I left, but I thought this was funnier.)

Still haven't found where Mir went. Current estimates place it in the vicinity of Alpha Centauri.

Attachments

• 10.03.23 22-51-08 UARSB.jpg
    10.03.23 22-51-08 UARSB.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 109

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nice one Izack ! :thumbup: :rofl:

Keatah

Reaction score
This isn't a disaster, but it's different.. I floated my way up to the ISS with hover thrusters. Once it blasted past me I chased it down and then docked.

Hey!! Any weather balloon add-ons? Could use hidden thrusters.. yeh. So cool!

Last edited:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
sometime after i first started playing and also sometime after i could dock with the ISS, i remember docking and then trying do something or other and accidently turning my hover on full for some reason without realizing it because i was in cockpit mode and then did a time speed up and suddenly the station was spinning wildly out of control. after i figured that out i remember i deorbited the space station with a dg just to see if i could. most embarassing i think was when i used to run out of rcs fuel trying to move from the ttm24h crew station to the lox dock to dock with the little crew module and be all stranded on some course drifting away from the stations, so close and so far away. when i started i also used to try to land the dg iv at orbital speeds on the moon wondering why it was crashing, thinking "i gotta slow down somehow AND maintain altitude??? i need more fuel!!!" hahahah

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

oh yeah, also when i first was able to intercept the moon i didn't know how to read the orbit mfds, and was floundering at earth AP thinking "alright here comes the moon!" then trying to "fire retros" to land and never being able to slow down enough. i later figured out that the moon was essentially running me over like a train because i wasn't in a circular orbit around earth OR floundering in a place where it would just orbit past me without hitting me

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Crashed an XR2 into Earth at 92% of c.

That is 2.8 Gigatons. :suicide:

Kevon Daye

Smoking Crater
Reaction score
I was attempting an orbital bombardment (on N.Korea,w/ UCGO demo charge). I put myself in a suborbital trajectory that would bring me down right on top of Pyongyang (approximately)and released the nuke, then brought myself back into orbit.Little did I know that the reentry angle of the nuke was waaaaaaaayyyyy too shallow. It skipped off of the atmosphere three times and finally came down...smack dab in the middle of Edwards.:rofl:.I mean right dead center. I couldn't have been that accurate if I wanted to be.

bwog

Reaction score
I was attempting an orbital bombardment (on N.Korea,w/ UCGO demo charge). I put myself in a suborbital trajectory that would bring me down right on top of Pyongyang (approximately)and released the nuke, then brought myself back into orbit.Little did I know that the reentry angle of the nuke was waaaaaaaayyyyy too shallow. It skipped off of the atmosphere three times and finally came down...smack dab in the middle of Edwards.:rofl:.I mean right dead center. I couldn't have been that accurate if I wanted to be.
:lol: Do you know the link for the UCGO bomb?

Kevon Daye

Smoking Crater
Reaction score
[nomedia="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4428"]UCGO demolition charge[/nomedia]

No mushroom cloud but a flash visible from orbit:thumbup:

vonneuman

Orbinaut
Reaction score
The nice thing about that is the nuke's count down resets each time you restart orbiter.
So you can do this:
album.php
picture.php

Light 40 nukes off at the same time.
I recommend that you make a copy of the nuke's config file and change the line of code from this:
Code:
ucSpawnCondition= 3                    ; 0=Landed 1=Not landed 2=Always 3=unpack by UMmu
to this"
Code:
ucSpawnCondition= 2                    ; 0=Landed 1=Not landed 2=Always 3=unpack by UMmu
now you don't have to have a ummu unpack it.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Do you know how improbable that is?

Also, did you really wait at the computer for 8.7 hours waiting for a year to go by in the sim?