The biggest disaster you have caused in Orbiter

MasterChief

Reaction score
The worst thing I caused on Orbiter was when I made the Ariana 4 rocket go away from the Solar System in about 1 0or 2 seconds.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
landed on sun with a hyper-modeficated spacecraft, wich were able to takeoff and fly normal from earth with rcs and that landed on sun gently with it*'s hov er, main and retro... when I touched sun I were spin out at more than llight-speed :sick:

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

add: the spacecraft was flamberge-sized (a bitsome bigger than explorer, for everyone who doesn't know flamberge) so it was a HUGE disaster

Graeme

Reaction score
Been doing quite a bit of damage with the R-7 nuke warheads and the google earth to see where it landed. Kamchatka has took a pasting, got the US in the Cuban missile crisis and now Im starting to get the hang of it, Im trying to nuke a neighbour who ripped me off on some firewood last year.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
I kinda well.... crashed an arrow freighter into the moon (my autoland flipped out stupid time-warp :dry: (it was my first time ok!?) and killed all 20 errr soldiers on board. Yeah, I kinda wanted a military base on the moon. And not to mention crashing a shuttle into the ISS. I mean nothing happened, but in reality :rolleyes: yeah.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
trying to hit a few people of my class...

Oh and in universe sandbox I just sent the biggest available star direct onto way into the solar system...

and in Orbiter again I multipled the suns mass by 1000
:facepalm::rofl::facepalm:

Bonanza123d

Time Lord from Gallifrey
Reaction score
I just got a fatal error due to the atlantis going the speed of light out of the solar system..

Archabacteria

Reaction score
Mine aren't usually that big. Right now, the one I can remember most is the time I tried to take a DGIV to Haiti to deliver relief supplies. Everything was going well before I tried to land way too fast. The supplies might have made it, I wouldn't know, everyone kind of died.

I think an auto-pilot land program would be great, honestly.

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
Somehow I've just managed fling the moon out of earth orbit. I don't know how, but I did.

I'm not going to talk about my crashes, but I do remember taking joyrides on the space shuttle in KCS. I bet the visitors witnesses were surprised to see Atlantis flying horizontally with the SRB's and everything :lol:
I even manged to land safely at some runway. The SRB's kinda landed on things.
The disaster is, NASA must have been starved of funding from that, and had to pay for the 'non-existent' property. Oops :rofl:

luki1997a

Reaction score
One day I was travelling to saturn...few years later I was in Saturn's orbit. I wanted to fly to Titan and oops! Every moon of Saturn has ben vaporized? ejected? from saturn's orbit(something like a crashing to the sun):lol:

krashkart

Heliosynchronous Debris Field
Reaction score
I strapped a complete Shuttle block to ENERGY and opened the throttles (Shuttle/SRBs) after liftoff. I didn't bother to count the number of loops it made after that.:facepalm:

The good news is that the altitude was sufficient to keep from crashing into the ground right away. However, after all the fuel ran out a nearby golf course was beset by the largest divot in the history of golf courses. "FORE!" :tiphat:

Last edited:

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
With "cheating" the biggest disaster is hurtling the Death Star into Mars at 5.00 c.

Using more "realistic" methods it's probably been veering out of control at Mach 5 about 100 metres above downtown Tokyo for an airshow. I had gone about 50 kilometres away, turned around, and went to drink some water, came back, and realized I had left the throttle on full.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A weird thing happened. I ejected at the last moment, but the crew still hit the moon. All of their corpses then teleported to the Martian surface...

Wow, nice one !

I'd say that the crew violently hit Phobos, then bounced in space with a near-infinite velocity ("lightspeed bug"), and Mars got in the way... :lol:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Should this be common knowledge?
I wouldn't want to be the one to find out.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Mars seems to be the destination for this bug. Isn't Mars where you end up if you land on the sun in Orbiter?

No, I never seen or heard anything like that, and it seems completely illogical in regard of the way the solar system is modeled.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Speaking of Mars.

#1: Shot a perfect re-entry into Martian atmosphere about 40km clear of Olympus base in a DGIV (yeah, it was a basic AOA / RTLS abort I was flying just for posterity, so my relative inclination was off). While patting myself on the back,

#2: Forgot about complete lack of flyable atmosphere while ruminating on a radical course change to yaw the ship over to starboard to make the hover pads.

#3: Forgot about precipitous sink rate.

#4: Forgot about hover thrusters.

#5: Forgot about the fact Olympus Base has no runway; only landing pads.

#6: Still forgot about hover thrusters.

#7: Forgot about the fact the DGIV's 320kN main thrusters at full blast had insufficient power to counteract a +/- 10,000 fps descent rate in rarified atmosphere with only about 10,000 feet of altitude to go. :facepalm:

#8. Forgot about engaging the turbopumps for the main thrusters.

#9. Forgot about ejecting the crew (not that parachutes would have made that much of a difference).

Clearly, I'm not going to Mars anytime soon. Not unless I'm given a spaceship where I'm sitting in a padded room the whole time.

(Actually, that was my most recent 'disaster'. Would've taken minutes for the news to reach home. My biggest MEDIA disaster: )

I somehow undercooked my HAC turn to final, flying STS-1. Ended up scrubbing too much speed through the turn mere miles from the Edwards lakebed. I KNEW I should have just dove straight for the deck, traded altitude for airspeed, and settled for a sketchy flare to touchdown a mile from the strip . . . but NO way . . . I was Robert F. Crippen, and this landing was being made in front of a slew of cameras, RV's, and a pair of T-38's. Besides, The Force was with me.

I ended up stalling the airframe entirely a thousand feet above the lakebed's edge, and I put the shuttle into a ballistic trajectory that I had no time to recover from. At that point, I decided not to bother.

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
trying to reenter in an EVA suit. Sending the ISS into a bone crushing spin with atlantis, i believe its somewhere around mars.