The biggest disaster you have caused in Orbiter

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
You do know theres[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3732"]this,[/ame] right?
And [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=435"]this[/ame]?

Last edited:

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
I accidentally disabled the Saturn V autopilot just after liftoff. I was angry and decided to take my frustration out on the VAB, and everything near it.

Krikkit

Reaction score
Had XR5 docked with ISS. Decided that the ISS -NEEDED- to be in a high orbit.

On my third Hohmann burn I hit T instead or R and ended up putting the ISS into an irreversible spin (no matter how many times I hit 5 saying "please stop"), killing the whole crew via g-lock instantly.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: ISS solar panel hits kid, kid still waiting for superpowers

Chub777

Reaction score
Launch pad fail:
whatthe1.png

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
Speaking of Mars.
#2: Forgot about complete lack of flyable atmosphere

wait, you can do atmospheric flight on mars really good, you just have to be faster than in earth-atmosphere.
It works in a DGIV.

krashkart

Heliosynchronous Debris Field
Reaction score
I lost four Proton rockets and Soyuz vehicles last night while trying to determine a proper ascent profile to program into the UAP. Flight #4 left the last two booster stages tumbling along on a short trajectory to MEO. The Briz tug fired its motor after separation and corkscrewed out of control before it veered down toward Earth. The Soyuz vehicles launched in these four flights were all totaled of course -- I had forgotten the hotkey that initiates reentry. :facepalm:

Total loss: 4 ProtonKM rockets, 4 Soyuz-TMA vehicles, 9 UMMU's, and probably some chickens or hogs somewhere in Minnesota.

On the bright side I finally got the hang of UAP, and flight #5 went smoothly. :cheers:

No UMMU's were harmed in the course of creating this post. Honest! :shifty:

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
tried to land on the moon with a LM everything was good *bam* surface alarm failed to warn me about a crater side quickly approaching

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
firing the reverse thrusters when docked to the ISS it spun into the south china sea, there were no survivors

Blacklight

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Launching into a polar orbit from KSC with the Space Shuttle. Secconds after launch, my wife came in, started giggling, and randomly hit some keys causing the SRB's to fly off and the external fuel tank to unhook. I watched in horror as the external tank dropped toward the Florida East coast. I had this image in my head of a nice, peaceful, old folk retirement community/golf course and then... BOOM !!! Mushroom cloud. :uhh:

optimusjamie

Reaction score
I once crashed an Explorer into Earth at a hundred times C. Ouch.
I once set off an Arrow's worth of nukes to see if I could re-enact the first episode of Space: 1999.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I miscalculated my experimental orbit and brought my 120 km tether-sling into the atmosphere. Since the cables became filaments I figure I actually created the largest light bulb ever made!

Here it is illuminating South America.

Attachments

• oops1.jpg
    oops1.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 60

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Launching into a polar orbit from KSC with the Space Shuttle. Secconds after launch, my wife came in, started giggling, and randomly hit some keys causing the SRB's to fly off and the external fuel tank to unhook. I watched in horror as the external tank dropped toward the Florida East coast. I had this image in my head of a nice, peaceful, old folk retirement community/golf course and then... BOOM !!! Mushroom cloud. :uhh:

HAHAHAHA wow lol :rofl::lol:eek:k that is hilarious.She must really hate you flying spacecraft.