The biggest disaster you have caused in Orbiter

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Segmentation Fault

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Segmentation Fault
BSOD due to graphics card overheating. :p

---------- Post added at 03:40 ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 ----------

I had just launched the space shuttle Discovery onto a polar orbit trajectory. Shortly after liftoff, my mean spirited wife came in and started hitting random keys (While I desperately tried to slap her hands away). She managed to jettison the solid rocket boosters and the external tank. -snip-
That doesn't count. :rolleyes:
It's your wife's accomplishment. ;)

Spacedoughnut

Civil Air Patrol Graduate
Reaction score
My big whoops was when I first installed the DGIV, during reentry I look at the lower control panels and see a yellow bar with black stripes I never saw and think "What does this button do?", I showered Siberia with charred DGIV fragments

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I hate it when i'm trying to dock; and someone walks by ant hits the '+' key.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
yeah i set my + key to play a sound saying haha nice try better luck next time :lol:

That must be annoying when you're actually trying to burn properly, though I guess joystick throttles work just as well. Which was the source of my more recent disaster, deorbiting Mir with some phantom thrust caused by a miscalibration of the joystick throttle. Just a little bit positive thrust that I didn't know about and a smattering of time accel = ballistic orbit. I didn't notice until I came back to it and wondered where all my fuel had gone...

Turbinator

Reaction score
Crashed the Moon into the Earth.

Also, made a Von Neumann probe with 10 seconds replication cycle... The universe lasted 120 seconds.

You can get that for Orbiter?
I did a search and found nothing, if there is one please tell me where I could get it, I would LOVE to play around with that. I did some study on the subject before, and it fascinates me.

All Hail :probe:

Blacklight

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Does smashing through the hangar of the "Big Wheel" space station from the 2001 addon and coming out the other side count ? I'll bet THAT surprised a LOT of the hangar workers.

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Does smashing through the hangar of the "Big Wheel" space station from the 2001 addon and coming out the other side count ? I'll bet THAT surprised a LOT of the hangar workers.

Someone lost their job, that's for sure.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Bomb.png

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the new experiment involving XR2 drive units and SRB motor cases didn't work out so well. :p

Foofoo14

Reaction score
I was flying the DGIV to habana, and when i was less than one km from the runway, the autopilot shutdown all flight controls and i tried to eject, but just before i perished i realized that i forgot to arm the ejection switch. Another time i was using the harp gun to fire UCGO vehicles, and i must've put too much omph in it and when i fired, instead of flying towards the sun i went into interstellar space. the first time i played orbiter, i didnt know what the j key would do so i pressed it then fired up the shuttle and the only thing that went up were the boosters. My greatest blunder was my planet Titanis, 197Ms in size and in 2075, it showed it's affection for earth by coming within less than 60Ms of earth, the blasted thing caused the ISS, and Mir to lose orbit and crash into earth, and the lunar space station decided to visit titanis, and anything that moved would be torn loose from earth's gravity and also "take a permanent vacation on titanis".

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Every time I close the program, the universe ends.

What's worse than that?

Creating the universe every time you open Orbiter?

Douglas Adams said:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

:rofl:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
İİ14;148419 said:
I was flying the DGIV to habana, and when i was less than one km from the runway, the autopilot shutdown all flight controls and i tried to eject, but just before i perished i realized that i forgot to arm the ejection switch. Another time i was using the harp gun to fire UCGO vehicles, and i must've put too much omph in it and when i fired, instead of flying towards the sun i went into interstellar space. the first time i played orbiter, i didnt know what the j key would do so i pressed it then fired up the shuttle and the only thing that went up were the boosters. My greatest blunder was my planet Titanis, 197Ms in size and in 2075, it showed it's affection for earth by coming within less than 60Ms of earth, the blasted thing caused the ISS, and Mir to lose orbit and crash into earth, and the lunar space station decided to visit titanis, and anything that moved would be torn loose from earth's gravity and also "take a permanent vacation on titanis".
Oh man I lol'd.

Foofoo14

Reaction score
I feel very silly thinking that my ummu at 9000 meters + could survive a one megaton nuke all my ummus were either in deep space or on saturn, my base was on titan, my capt. was the only one that turned into a rock,and my harp gun didn't budge and i think my TX was teleported to the other side of titan,and the Shakara balloon was blasted in between the orbits of Saturn's moons