News The Cosmonaut (El Cosmonauta)

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
There is a new space related movie coming out soon, hopefully it will not be as inaccurate as Apollo 18 was. :rolleyes:

It is a Spanish made movie, so I'm not sure what language it is going to be in at the moment, but likely Russian as Wikipedia says so.

The film, when finished, will be released on the Internet available for download and in HD. Also, besides the full movie on HD, all raw footage shot during the movie's filming will be uploaded too. As the film is licensed under a Share-alike Creative Commons license, the users will be able to download, lend, re-cut or use the film footage in any way they wish. This way, the audience will be not only allowed to create new versions of the film and other derivative works, but encouraged. Not only that, the producers will organize a contest to prize the best re-cuts of the film.

Plot:
The film follows the misadventures of the Soviet cosmonaut Stan Arsenievich (Carlos Martínez-Abarca), chosen to be the first Soviet cosmonaut to land on the moon. During the journey, his ship disappears, and his childhood friend Andrei, the director of the mission searches for him for the next seven months. Seven months after the accident, the ship reappears, without a trace of Stan. At the same time, a series of eerie radio transmissions supposedly broadcast by Stan claim that he has actually come back home and that he found the Earth completely empty.

Trailers:

First Trailer (Spanish version, all I could find :shrug:):

Second Trailer:
[ame="http://vimeo.com/20996973"]The Cosmonaut: Second Teaser-Trailer (ENG) on Vimeo[/ame]

Links:
Official Website
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cosmonaut"]The Cosmonaut - Wikipedia[/ame]

First one to find the error in the trailer, wins the cookie! :lol:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
He's in a forest, iirc, russians landed in the desert? (still very early, im 99% positive im wrong)

Edit: or was it the airplane cockpit in the second trailer? He was sitting on the right, and thats the Co-pilots seat (unless there's more than one crew member)

Last edited:

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
He is also wearing a pilot's helmet from a altitude compensation suit over a WWII-era tank helmet. :lol: Well, I think if artists express something about space, it's better than when they don't mention it at all.

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
He lifts off with a saturnV? :lol:

He is also wearing a pilot's helmet from a altitude compensation suit over a WWII-era tank helmet.

Yep, you are both right. This looks like another case of 'Did not do the Research'. :p

Though I might just go and see this film, if it is available on the internet (since it will never air in a Cinema), because it is of a new type of film called an 'Internet Movie'.

On the whole, without the inaccuracies, it seems like an interesting movie. :)

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
At first I thought you were speaking about this one, nearly same title, but it is Italian...lovely film BTW.

Yes, it does seem like an interesting film, is it not dubbed in English?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I showed the trailer to my spanish teacher and she liked it...cant wait to see it

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
IDK, I've been searching a bit around, but no interesting finds!

Well, what is the plot like? (If you have seen it already ;)) Is it similar to the plot of El Cosmonauta?

baluba

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi
If you try to watch this video ([ame="http://vimeo.com/12171653"]The cosmonaut project on Vimeo[/ame]) they explain the project, basically is crowdfunding, since I discovered then in 2009 I was interested and I´m a proud producer of this project, the team is fantastic, their idea is very interesting, the problem, as always, money, they can´t do an expensive movie (to make a movie is VERY expensive), that´s the reason you´ll see in the film "not ordinary" objetcs, is not a question of "not good researching(*)" is a question that most of the things they use in the film are things that people lend them or give in present, sometimes they say in twitter "hey, we need this, if someone has it, contact" and fortunatly there are many people helping them.

The movie is being filmed in english.

(*)Don´t expect a space movie, is another thing, you have to watch it not trying to find how many mistakes are they doing, in fact, the film have many details that solve the lack of the correct objetcs (money, the need more money)

So, visit the web (http://www.thecosmonaut.org/oldindex.html) and don´t hesitate to contact them, they´ll explain everything.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Well, what is the plot like? (If you have seen it already ;)) Is it similar to the plot of El Cosmonauta?
From Google Translate, and a bit of manual edits:

It is 1957, a dog named Laika has just been sent into space by the Soviets, Luciana has nine years and all of a sudden she runs away from the Church: "I'm not going back there because I'm Communist!", she cries.

It was her older brother to transmit his passion for politics to her. A strange boy, Arthur, who lives in a world of its own, perhaps because of the pills he takes for epilepsy. He always thinks to The Soviet Union and expecially to the Soviet space race, and he only talks about that.

His sister Luciana begins to grow ashamed of this elder and weird brother. At home then, the girl does nothing but argue, she can not stand her stepfather, his home, his money, and the way in which he tries to be her father.

At 15 years Luciana has already joined the local FIGC section (italian federation of young communists) where her father, who died a long time ago and that everyone remembers as a true communist, attended.

With her young Party fellows, Luciana lives her first loves and her first betrayals, soon getting into trouble.

The truth is that in the Italy of 1963, even among young Communists, to have more than a boyfriend or steal him to another girlfriend are things not to be done, and Luciana is too aggressive, too impulsive, too reckless.
When they receive the condemnation by the adult Communist section, his brother is no longer next to her, as it was when they were younger to sustain and console her.

From now on Luciana, as Valentina Tereshkova the first cosmonaut woman, will be alone and will have to manage everything on her own...