The Heretic Empires

ZombiezuRFER

Zaktan Zanamu, margum Zavralto
Reaction score
"Thus begins the writing process
I am writing a Hard Scifi book, of which it will have at least 1000 pages. The only "bad" science I am using, is the exotic matter necessary for the Alcubierre drive. AT best it'll take a few months I'm writing this in Microsoft word 2007. A rough draft will be available for reading here TEMPORARILY, and only after I can somehow copyright the book. On all forums, games, and other places you find a ZombiezuRER, you will not hear much about the story at all. I'm keeping it under wraps so as to prevent spoilers. All scientists, science minded individuals, scifi fans, or just regular ol' book readers, I hope you will enjoy the story. Updates to be posted here, and go ahead and comment to your hearts desire. Put forth ideas if you want, but I have to say it is unlikely it will be used... sorry
Once Chapter 1 is finished, the file will be put up for download, and is allowed to stay. The rest of the book is not to be released. Enjoy!"
From another forum, my writing... same ZombiezuRFER there as is here. I've begun writing my book, The Heretic Empires. I hope everybody looks forward to it. I'll provide a link to the first chapter download when I finish that bit. But be wary, First chapter is supposed to be 100 pages long! :p

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
100 pages is way too long. Even for Leo T.

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
at least its supposed to be for now. May change it later.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Uh a good word of advice:
Publish it dont put NOTHING that you could possibly make money from on the internet.

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
Uh a good word of advice:
Publish it dont put NOTHING that you could possibly make money from on the internet.

Don't worry, I already planned to copyright it before any sort of "publishing." I'm sorting of just getting the word out, shameless self advertising :p Build up some excitement before it comes out. Despite the fact its going to be 1000 pages of 10 point words, its gonna be a fairly quick thing to write for its size. :O

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Don't worry, I already planned to copyright it before any sort of "publishing." I'm sorting of just getting the word out, shameless self advertising :p Build up some excitement before it comes out. Despite the fact its going to be 1000 pages of 10 point words, its gonna be a fairly quick thing to write for its size. :O
1000 pages is way too long for a single book. Split it up.

Also, if you've posted it for free on the internet, copyright or not, no one's going to buy it later.

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
it would be a mere first chapter, like the trailer for a movie. I don't think I'll split my book up into smaller ones. I already planned 3 sequels, each with at least 1000 pages as well. I personally wanted a doorstopper series. Expect no padding.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
That's all well and fine if you want it to be 1000 pages, but almost no one will read it. Do what the readers want, I plead!

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
That's all well and fine if you want it to be 1000 pages, but almost no one will read it. Do what the readers want, I plead!

People read through huge books like this all the time, as long as they aren't waiting for the movie to come out :p

Dambuster

Reaction score
I read through an 1000 page book happily, if it's good. So if it's good, I'll read it ;)

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I once read a 1000 page book i didnt get past the 20th page. <<<Very good Lesson

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
I once read a 1000 page book i didnt get past the 20th page. <<<Very good Lesson

If you need it that badly split up, someone will do it most likely. But honestly, a book can be any length. Just do it a little at a time.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Why set a page number before you're done? Write the story you want to write, and don't worry about hitting a page goal.

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
Story's already thought out... its a big one. putting it on 1000 pages is to make it smaller than an entire detailed one would be.

Nazban

Reaction score
it would be a mere first chapter, like the trailer for a movie. I don't think I'll split my book up into smaller ones. I already planned 3 sequels, each with at least 1000 pages as well. I personally wanted a doorstopper series. Expect no padding.

dude, i felt lord of the rings as a big achievement of mine :lol:, and that was 1000 pages, when put together!!!