Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Unstung

Reaction score
I rebuilt a space station, but it's currently only one module. I don't know how I wound up accidentally deleting the save game with my old one.

There are slight improvements in the functionality of the crew core. However, there were also two refueling modules on the last version.

I like the look of the rocket powered spaceplane I designed. The flight model is too wonky, so it lands on flat ground like an early manned lunar lander proposal. Flight would probably be too difficult considering I forgot ailerons (those exist in KSP, right?).

Py0Y23P.jpg

uVw7XRs.jpg

I've now got 99 hours on KSP. It'll become my fourth Steam game to break 100.

ApolloFZ

Reaction score
No, KSP works fine on Win7.

Have you removed any mods/addons that you have installed? Install KSP to a new folder and see if it works there...

Nothing...everytime I click on VAB it crash. :(

Unstung

Reaction score
I've started a new (technically, my first) science campaign. I think the standard campaign reduces creativity too much on hard, yet any difficulty setting will limit what I can build if money becomes an issue. Collecting science is much more enjoyable than managing funds.

So far, there's no space debris and I plan to keep it that way. An upper stage reentered right over the space complex; its launch vehicle provides very accurate control during the gravity turn. Eight retrorockets are really effective at reducing the perapsis of any debris and lets me use more fuel to reach escape velocity.

Kdn86Kk.jpg

bEpLBaQ.jpg

BXREDee.jpg

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
A new update is live now.

Time to switch to "previous" branch, until mostly used mods will update, too. :p

HarvesteR

Reaction score
In other words, KSP 0.90.0 is now officially released!! :D

We're in Beta guys! :cheers:

Cheers!

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You've come a long way since the 0.8 version!
Great achievement done here, and may the force be with you for the rest of the development phase !

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Seeing practical Mk3 shuttles with offset thrust vector is encouraging...

"Too many connections" to d/l from my account.

This will take a few days... :uhh:

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Still in 0.25 with FAR, B9, Interstellar and DeadlyReentry, this is the Ravenstar: A SSTO capable of lifting up to 6 Kerbals and a payload of about 4-5t to LKO.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This will take a few days...

Sign in for carrier pigeon bird-based-broadband. :yes:

Took me 3 mins to D/L with optical fiber :cool:

So now that the game is getting more polished, I humbly think it would be interesting to have those features built-in (I know those exist or existed as plugins) :

- Parts overheating during reentry (could be disabled in easier difficulty levels).
- A fairing system, required to protect fragile parts during atmo ascent (again, could be disabled...). Also would make the rockets look much better.
- Probes : necessity to have a comm link with KSP for direct control. (could be disabled...) Possibility to buy/build some tracking stations / tracking ships (or offshore platforms with a nice VTOL pad) across Kerbin. Possiblity to deploy relay satellites. Landing autopilots for landing on other planets (signal delay too high for an efficient direct control). Maybe the possiblity to write small "programs" and upload them to the probe, actually timed scripts (the Map gizmos actually allow that, but I'm more thinking to specific operations such as flybys or science data retrieval).

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Still in 0.25 with FAR, B9, Interstellar and DeadlyReentry
FAR and Deadly Reentry already updated or released compatibility patches, but I'm not sure about compatibility of the others, as I don't use them. Firespitter plug-in has been updated, so parts using it should be working after putting the new version of the plug-in.

I'm still waiting for RealChute, RemoteTech, Active Texture Management and KSPAPIExtensions (along with Procedural Fairings / Parts and TweakScale using it) to fully restart the game in 0.90. Other add-ons I have used which are now incompatible I can re-add later.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It is good KSP now has automatic maneuvering, mechjeb not as needed now

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The Shuttle-like parts are nice, sadly its still impossible (to me) to build a shuttle-like stack (vectoring range of the engines way too tight) without putting dozens of Vernier engines (which is not the point).

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I finally got all my essential add-ons updated (some with pre-release, like RemoteTech, or unofficial builds, like Procedural Parts) and I could start a new game again in 0.90.

One question though: what happened to the barn? The 1st tier of space center buildings looks completely differently from presented on pictures some month ago. I quite liked those barn buildings. :(

Does Kethane still work in 0.90?
Somebody made a patch that should make it working without incompatibility warnings, however I haven't tested it, because I use Karbonite instead:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com...ility-update?p=1608640&viewfull=1#post1608640

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
One question though: what happened to the barn? The 1st tier of space center buildings looks completely differently from presented on pictures some month ago. I quite liked those barn buildings. :(

They are reworking them. It was in the FAQ.