Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Start with Bargain Rockets parts (it's a mod) ... You'll get back the junkyard feeling real quick!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
The 'previous' branch on Steam has switched to the 0.90 build. The update is imminent.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
And the 1.00 update is out!

The full price on Steam also increased to 39,99€ (in Europe), but it's currently at a -25% discount until May 1.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
And here...we...go...

(Was going to post this on the KSP forums, but I can't seem to reach them.)

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kTbo1wmN-w"]Kerbal Space Program 1.0 Launch - YouTube[/ame]

HarvesteR

Reaction score
KSP is now a fully-released title! :blink:

Holy cow, that is going to take a while to click here...

Anyhow, I just wanted to drop a few lines here, not to announce, but to give you guys a huge THANK YOU!!, and give all around manly bro-hugs, fist bumps, or for the humanly uninclined, knowing nods! :yes:

The OF community was the epicenter from where KSP first started to ripple outwards, and I can't thank you guys enough for the incredible support, friendliness, and overall awesomeness you've shown me and everyone else on the dev team during all this time. A very, very special thanks to you guys, indeed! :cheers:

So, here's to the OF community! And to many more updates after this one!

Many, many cheers! :cheers:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
First problem after the update I encountered: Don't place the fairing as the 1st part, otherwise you'll need to Alt+F4 from the game, as the menu items (return to KSC, revert) or the green recovery button are inoperable.

HarvesteR

Reaction score
First problem after the update I encountered: Don't place the fairing as the 1st part, otherwise you'll need to Alt+F4 from the game, as the menu items (return to KSC, revert) or the green recovery button are inoperable.

Not getting that here... could it be an install issue maybe?

Hmm, actually, you are right, after launching, I'm locked in the flight scene. It seems this one went by unnoticed.

Well, no worries, we had a patch planned already, so one more for the list. :)

Cheers

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Here are more details about the error:
Code:
[LOG 20:58:41.694] [Untitled Space Craft]: ground contact! - error: 0.038m
[LOG 20:58:41.695] Unpacking Untitled Space Craft
[ERR 20:58:41.697] Failed to call function OnVesselUnpack of class ModuleCargoBay
Calling function OnVesselUnpack with no parameters but the function requires 1.
[LOG 20:58:44.128] Flight State Captured
[LOG 20:58:44.129] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:58:44.134] Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent
[EXC 20:58:44.136] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PatchedConicRenderer.OnSceneSwitch (GameScenes scn)
	EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
	HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene)
	VesselRetrieval.onVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel v)
	EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
	AltimeterSliderButtons.recoverVessel ()
	ScreenSafeUIButton.OnMouseUp (Boolean rightClick)
	ScreenSafeUIButton.OnMouseUp ()
	SSUICamera.DoMouseEvents ()
	SSUICamera.Update ()
[LOG 20:58:55.550] [AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)
[LOG 20:58:56.396] Game Paused!
[EXC 20:58:58.797] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PatchedConicRenderer.OnSceneSwitch (GameScenes scn)
	EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
	HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene)
	FlightDriver.RevertToLaunch ()
	PauseMenu.drawRevertOptions ()
	MultiOptionDialog.drawContent (Int32 id)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Code:
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[Untitled Space Craft]: ground contact! - error: 0.038m

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Unpacking Untitled Space Craft

Failed to call function OnVesselUnpack of class ModuleCargoBay
Calling function OnVesselUnpack with no parameters but the function requires 1.

(Filename:  Line: 893)

Flight State Captured

Saving Achievements Tree...

Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PatchedConicRenderer.OnSceneSwitch (GameScenes scn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at VesselRetrieval.onVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at AltimeterSliderButtons.recoverVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ScreenSafeUIButton.OnMouseUp (Boolean rightClick) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ScreenSafeUIButton.OnMouseUp () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at SSUICamera.DoMouseEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at SSUICamera.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

Game Paused!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PatchedConicRenderer.OnSceneSwitch (GameScenes scn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FlightDriver.RevertToLaunch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PauseMenu.drawRevertOptions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MultiOptionDialog.drawContent (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Actually, I take it all back. The new fairings (and all the other things) are awesome.

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
:hailprobe:! Finally the jet engines draw fuel from all tanks, so that we don't have to manually switch the usable flag of liquid fuel tanks to prevent the extreme rearward move of the CoG when the forward tanks drain first before the aft tanks in a fuselage! :cheers:

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Everything that flies has a much more convincing behavior. No more "winglets-pitch-generated velocity", that's great ! The new lift and drag model is much better, also the standard jet engines can't fly your plane to 20,000 meters anymore. Also I like how cruising at 10,000 meters reduces your fuel consumption, at the price of limited manoeuvrability as air gets thin. Definitively more realistic. And the heat shields concept is great too, very flexible and opens a lot of planetary probes possiblities.

The only thing is that the chutes seem way over-rated to me when they are in "drogue" mode. They perform far too well at altitudes as high as 20,000 meters (on Kerbin I mean) and seem a bit too much un-destructible. That and some rocket parts (engines, tanks) that seem nearly immune to heat (I can imagine that engines are a tricky case).

Other than that I fear that Bob is already the only survivor of the "original 4 (that now include Valentina Kerman)" in my game. "Iron-Kerman" Hard mode or nothing ! ;)

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It is also a lot faster with loading times.

Unstung

Reaction score
The reentry effects seem to last much longer now and reentry is appropriately more suspenseful; has the density of the upper atmosphere changed? It could be that I've been aiming higher in the atmosphere as a result of the new reentry overheating.

Are any cosmetic changes to the solar system planned? With the effort that went into making buildings destructible in an earlier update, it is natural to think that more buildings should be added, like cities on Kerbin (and night lights to make the planet less empty).

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
With the effort that went into making buildings destructible in an earlier update, it is natural to think that more buildings should be added, like cities on Kerbin (and night lights to make the planet less empty).

Yes, that's always a strange feeling to fly over Kerbin for those "survey" missions and realize the only inhabited place seems to be KSC... Even the nearby "Old Airfield" is derelict... Looks like Kerbals just popped out of the grass, came from another star system and got amnesic or that a magic armageddon just happened vanishing everything, sparing only the spaceport :hmm:

Shifty

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
With the effort that went into making buildings destructible in an earlier update, it is natural to think that more buildings should be added, like cities on Kerbin (and night lights to make the planet less empty).

There's a mod called Kerbin-Side that adds a bunch of other sites around Kerbin: launch sites, tracking stations, resorts, runways, etc etc.

And EVE and TextureReplacer both add clouds and city lights to Kerbin, along with other visual enhancements for other planets/moons.