Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Yup. It's the Infernal Robotics Mod with the Model Rework Core Pack.
But the Kerbal Attachement System is also requiered (winch), and probably ScanSAT due to a part on the rover.

As the promo said, the Valkyrie is ready for purchase: ;-)
View attachment Valkyrie.zip

Last edited:

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
WIP:KSP Deltaglider XR-1

A Project I am working on hopefully a playable release by this weekend or next

To DO:
Tweak internal props in cockpit (Make my own levers and switches) and tie them into action groups via .cfg file
balancing Hover engines
adjusting pivot points,nodes,Hierarchy on Landing gear
Tweak the lighting on textures
Figure out how to handle engine controls for RCS,Retro,Main,Hover engines

GOAL:
Fully working cockpit (fly without need for external view)
Keep XR-1 as original looking as possible
Make better videos lol
:hailprobe:
Thanks to Dr. Martin and dbeachy,frying tiger for permission and use of meshes and textures

Last edited:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
New antennas will be coming in 1.1 update with a simplified version of RemoteTech in stock:

7txNuML.png

Aln8fAZ.png

One feature I'd like to see added in stock, though it probably doesn't fit with the "vertical" direction that blog post mentions them building new features in, is some sort of lighter-than-air component set for building atmospheric bases on Eve (and the ability for vehicles with lighter than air components to maintain altitude and surface position when out of physics range rather than following a ballistic orbit to their doom).

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
A Project I am working on hopefully a playable release by this weekend or next

To DO:
Tweak internal props in cockpit (Make my own levers and switches) and tie them into action groups via .cfg file
balancing Hover engines
adjusting pivot points,nodes,Hierarchy on Landing gear
Tweak the lighting on textures
Figure out how to handle engine controls for RCS,Retro,Main,Hover engines

GOAL:
Fully working cockpit (fly without need for external view)
Keep XR-1 as original looking as possible
Make better videos lol
:hailprobe:
Thanks to Dr. Martin and dbeachy,frying tiger for permission and use of meshes and textures

Deltaglider XR-1 in KSP on Vimeo

Okay, that is officially my new favorite mod. Need any abusive lab testers? :)

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Okay, that is officially my new favorite mod. Need any abusive lab testers? :)
well the first release will be a WIP everybody will get a chance to test her out. Ill probably go and :hide: :lol:
But one thing im looking forward to that I havent tried yet is multiplayer. OR....Maybe....

weapons_DG.png

But anyways, I dont want to hijack harvesters thread here. I have a thread on KSP's site located here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130783-WIP-Deltaglider-XR-1?p=2123223#post2123223

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
It wouldn't be the first time an Orbiter ship has made it into KSP. IIRC Rocket (Yes, DayZ Rocket) was behind Component Space Shuttle, which used the Shuttle model that SSU uses. Urwumpe or DaveS might have to correct me on that.

P.S. I saw the DG fighting to maintain pitch. Use Alt+ WASD to trim your control surfaces (this might work with gimballing engines, ymmv) and Alt+X to reset them to zero.

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Might need some work to make it 110% beautiful, but it's a nice MOD, definitely using it (and as I can see, it's not just a "one part full ship" but rather an IKEA DeltaGlider with building manual ... Nice!)

On other news, jet fuel can't melt steel beams

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I'd be all for giving the rest of the XR family a KSP facelift.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
He's already prepped the XR5. Imagine the response from the community when they see that monster on the runway. :lol:

Now all that has to be done is cut it up into parts and get Altea's sign off on it.

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Well, that sure puts things in perspective, that ship is gigantic!

Cheers

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Now all that has to be done is cut it up into parts and get Altea's sign off on it.

let me get the glider finished first as a framework for the rest of the Altea vessels. That will allow me to turn em out pretty quick If I get permission to do so. I dont want to just turn out ok mods that are "Good Enough" I want to turn out mods that the community can be proud of. Im going for the nostalgia factor here. Trying to keep the mods original as possible is my goal from looks to functionality if at all possible. I originally had the mind set that I didnt want the ships to be mod dependent. But that changed when I saw the cockpit eyecandy (RasterPropMonitor). Then I got to the engine parts. Switching between Main,Retro,RCS (rotation and linear translation) and I realized that there is going to have to be a addon that switches them somehow. I havent figured out still how I am going to do that but Main thing is getting everything Chopped,sliced and diced. Pivot points set. Animations animated positions set and nodes aligned and .cfg files and modules within them working correctly. I got my work cut out for me but no complaints here I love doing it.

Cheers
LOL you havent seen the Arrow Freighter yet! Now thats big :rofl:

Last edited:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score

Cheers

Yep. The XR5 is a BEAST. Can't remember how much payload she could carry, but it was at least an entire small space station, and when you left the settings as-is, you could fly to MARS, build the station, and then fly home. You could tweak it down to the point where it was just barely capable of LEO, but it was still scary how much you could carry on one of those missions.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Has anybody else found a probe in a spaceplane cargo bay inexplicably drained of fuel? I launched a probe on a Jet/NERVA spaceplane, and on reaching orbit found the probe's fuel stores depleted but its oxidizer stores intact. To all appearances it seems that the probes fuel was burned by the spaceplane's engines, but everything I know about KSP fuel flow mechanics says that's impossible (a separator and an engine between the probe's tanks and any fuel tank in the plane, no crossfeed lines between the two, etc, so the probe should have been an isolated stage).