Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Unstung

Reaction score
With the efficiency of an ion engine, I have managed to orbit Moho. The orbital insertion "burn" took about 20 minutes after I exhausted the remaining fuel on the nuclear engine. That's definitely not realistic. Due to the high efficiency of ion propulsion, I used less than half of my xenon while providing over 2 km/s velocity change.

ZHNoEyR.jpg

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Patch 1.0.3 is up.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Patch 1.0.3 is up.

Looking at the patch notes... Lots of under-the-hood work on heat. Some drag rebalances... And oh, the heat shields are now actually a requirement. Again.

Joy. Time to wait until the modmakers catch up... again.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
What exactly do the new radiators do?

I have a feeling that they are not used in an XR sense.
As in, you will not necessarily burn up without them simply from being in space/exposed to the sun?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
What exactly do the new radiators do?

I have a feeling that they are not used in an XR sense.
As in, you will not necessarily burn up without them simply from being in space/exposed to the sun?

I'm not really sure. I've been waiting to see if they're done with updates and for some of my favorite mods to catch up with the new thermal physics before playing again.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
To ask another way:

Thermal:
* 1.0.3 features a revised thermal mechanic to better balance heating/cooling between pods and spaceplanes.
* Parts now have separate internal temperature and skin temperatures.
* Skin temperature is the temperature used for radiation and convection, as well as engine exhaust damage.
* Part internal temperature is increased by modules that generate heat and is used for part-part conduction.
* Part internal and skin temperature also conduct between each other.
*Solar panel efficiency is now calculated based on skin temperature.
* When in an atmosphere, there is a divide between the exposed (to convection) and unexposed skin temperatures.
* When not in an atmosphere, only one skin temperature is tracked; the two temperatures are unified on atmosphere exit.
* Radiative outflux and influx is tracked separately for exposed and unexposed areas of skin (since the shock temperature is much higher than ambient temperature).

What modules generate heat in space? Also, how do you check the skin temperature? Is there radiative influx from say, the sun?

Last edited:

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Patch 1.0.3 is up.

Scratch that ... Yet again another patch to patch the patch came out right after ... Current version is now 1.0.4.

I've made a choice not to upgrade until Unity 5 is in the next update ... getting tired of redownloading and reinstalling all my mods for my extended system with outer planets and colonization infrastructure every time, so I'm just gonna go with what I have now, known bugs taken into account, and continue to spread my Kerbals accross the system and wait for 1.1...

eifiki

Reaction score
To be hones not every one has tryed to become something entirely different when it comes to changing people and making them amazing traveling . Even nowadays more and more people would like the change before the travel. I checked the different areas and they have talked publicly about it.

eifiki

Reaction score
The idea is to set a record straight and nothing to be changed as far as I am consired there are still people who can manage to do something good and suprising !
Cheers.

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
CFrF6OE.png

Was scrolling through my FB feed to check today's news, when I saw this.

Congratulations Pipcard. :lol:

:thumbup:

Mafo

Reaction score
First time in awhile I've been able to say that's a great addition to the current vanilla game!