The Theory of Everything

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Anyone else seen this film yet?

I just watched it. For those who don't know, it's a bio of Stephen Hawking's life from roughly 1963 until his first marriage ended and he published A Brief History of Time.

I give it a thumbs-up, with an asterisk...

The story is very moving and the film is very well-made. And for once it's nice to see a new movie that's not a superhero flick, a "reboot", a mindless action movie, or silly "science" fiction.

As a nerd, however, going to see a movie about one my nerd heroes, I'd like them to have spent more time on the science. Of course, that's asking a bit too much from a movie company these days; we should count ourselves lucky the film got made at all.

There was some attention paid to the tension between Hawking's scientific-oriented philosophy and his wife's fairly ordinary religious beliefs, but it didn't get contentious or uncomfortable, instead being handled very tastefully without becoming a distraction.

The music score was done by Johann Johannsson, whom I've mentioned before on this board.

On a side note, I'd like very much to get my hands on a copy of A Brief History of Time with the actor's photo on the cover instead of the real Hawking!
:lollerskates:

---------- Post added 12-07-14 at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-06-14 at 07:48 PM ----------

So...I guess I'm it for now.

So in the best tradition of internet immaturity: FIRST!