Titan’s surface organics surpass oil reserves on Earth

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Oh no! Don't tell the neocons that there is oil on Titan! No war...errr... Titan colonization for oil!

Reaction score
Yea, but why bother with a few measly teratons of methane when you've got 56 sextillion tons of hydrogen sitting right next door.:beach:

Still, it would be handy for a Titan sample return mission, or an eventual manned base (gotta love that Earth-like atmosphere laced with cyanide
icon10.gif
).

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Has anyone ever been struck with the value of resources on a cosmic scale?

We put all this emphasis on precious metals and jewels, but the real rarity is petrochemicals. I'm betting Earth and Titan are the only spots in the local neighborhood that have any.

Next time you plant your rosy cheeks down on that plastic toilet seat, take a moment to revel in what an opulent act it is in the context of a galactic scale.

I'm betting landfill mining is going to be big business one of these days.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been struck with the value of resources on a cosmic scale?

We put all this emphasis on precious metals and jewels, but the real rarity is petrochemicals. I'm betting Earth and Titan are the only spots in the local neighborhood that have any.

Next time you plant your rosy cheeks down on that plastic toilet seat, take a moment to revel in what an opulent act it is in the context of a galactic scale.

I'm betting landfill mining is going to be big business one of these days.

So true. We humans really should be more careful with our supplies that we are blessed with. The coming generation (ME!) is going to pay hell for what our fathers have done to our planet.