News Toots Thielemans

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
RIP Toots.
I'm very saddened by this departure. I'm lucky enough to have seen him live, about 15 years ago.

He is (was) very famous in Italy due to some '70s TV appearances along with Mina, a real goddess of Italian music at those times.
Google "non gioco più" to listen to that.

Last edited:

fort

Reaction score
Don't know Mina

I remenber Gigliola Cinquetti and Rita Pavone and Una lacrima sul viso :lol: and some others but Mina ? no.

Sometimes the mood of the Toots Thielemans sounds make me think and i don't kno why, evoque, the road, maybe the 66, maybe the road of the hobos... Dont know. Due maybe to the sound most generally of an harmonica.

I'll like to speak english better to say that.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
He was a true poet.
His harmonica gave voice to a multitude of feelings and emotions which touched deeply the soul of listeners.

A tune I particularly love is this Metheny's song.
When harmonica finally plays it's like flowing emotions, and those 5 perfect notes in the ending...it's pure magic.

I remenber Gigliola Cinquetti and Rita Pavone and Una lacrima sul viso :lol: and some others but Mina ? no...
Well, Google her and you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

fort

Reaction score
He was a true poet.
His harmonica gave voice to a multitude of feelings and emotions which Well, Google her and you won't be disappointed.

I gooled her just after your first message. Yes, it's...waht can i say...a personnage.

I saw in the same time that video with Pat Metheny but i had not time to ear it. Done with your post. I like. I think that Thielemans is a real Belge, a man of the North Sea.

Last edited: