General Question TORRA or TORVA

AtlantisOnline

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering how you do TORRA's or TORVA's in the space shuttle...thanks. AtlantisOnline

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The STS Expansion Pack includes tutorials for both the TORVA and TORRA. You will need to install the Shuttle Fleet, ISS Fleet, and the Expansion Pack (and please read the Expansion Pack setup document as it details additional third-party add-ons needed to run all of the Expansion Pack scenarios.).

AtlantisOnline

Reaction score
I did that but their manuals are not complete I have reloaded them to verify that nothing went wrong during the loading part and the manuals are still not complete. I was wondering how you do it.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I did that but their manuals are not complete I have reloaded them to verify that nothing went wrong during the loading part and the manuals are still not complete. I was wondering how you do it.
I think I see what you mean. Dave, the version of the manuals I have from version 4.2 of the Expansion Pack have a bunch of "[TBD]" in them. I'm sure I've seen an earlier version of these manuals that had the full tutorials in them (I certainly remember flying them ;)). I haven't checked out v4.3 yet though...

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There is sufficient information in the setup notes and if you run the playback scenarios, those scenarios are commented sufficiently to perform either the TORVA or TORRA. The "TBD"s were something I've never had time to finish, but that info shouldn't be necessary given the information that is already available. Using the rendezvous checklists from the NASA website will provide the information that was all I had when I initially developed the tutorials.

This one for instance:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/438139main_RNDZ_131_F.pdf

AtlantisOnline

Reaction score
Version 4.3 doesn't have them. The RNDZ checklists I can use...they are a bit complicated but I will eventually get them. I hope. In the mean time could someone tell them to me in everday english :) Also I don't believe their is enough info in the setup notes to do one of the menouvers. (pardon my spelling) I guess what I really need is how much do I burn my engines for to preform the menouver. I understand what to do for the pitch rate but what do I need to do for the burn. Thank You

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Ah, yes the playback scenarios! I forgot about those. AtlantisOnline, I highly recommend watching those. You should be able to get the hang of it from there. The scenarios are located in the top level Playback folder, not in the Shuttle Fleet folder. After watching those come back with specific questions if you have them.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ah, yes the playback scenarios! I forgot about those. AtlantisOnline, I highly recommend watching those. You should be able to get the hang of it from there. The scenarios are located in the top level Playback folder, not in the Shuttle Fleet folder. After watching those come back with specific questions if you have them.

Exactly! As I've mentioned several times now, I find it very discouraging to write the documentation that I have provided, only to answer questions that have already been answered in the documentation, if people would just take the time to read it first! The expansion pack manual specifically tells the user to open the "Playback" directory in the main scenario folder display on the launchpad controls.

AtlantisOnline

Reaction score
Ok I apoligize when I first started watching the playback senerio it stopped playingback suddenly. This time though it worked.

railfanatic844

Reaction score
sorry, but i looked in the playback. i run shuttle fleet V4.5 in Orbiter 2010 P1 but i don't see the playback