Question Total Immersion suggestions

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I just finished a run from Brighton Beach to Niven using the shuttle PB. Very nice work. The 3 mfd's have come in pretty handy a few times.

But if you are taking suggestions, how about one of the EagleII's. I'd also like to echo earlier posts of the Shuttle A, just way too dark, and not ergonomic (but still loads better than anything I can do).

Keep up the good work!

Balladeer

Reaction score
Would you do a total immersion cockpit of Sputnik's Dyna-SOAR? That's one of my favorite Orbiter addons. Don't know if its possible but it'd be great to have even a simple pit for that spacecraft.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Would you do a total immersion cockpit of Sputnik's Dyna-SOAR? That's one of my favorite Orbiter addons. Don't know if its possible but it'd be great to have even a simple pit for that spacecraft.

Would be cool, in fact I have a PDF somewhere which had the cockpit layout for an early Dynasoar proposal. I just can't make good meshes for it. But I can sure help getting it into the Dynasoar... I have some experience from the SSU project.

Here is the Dynasoar cockpit drawing from March 1959, much older as the add-on Sputnik did...

Dynasoar-cockpit-mar1959.png

Cockpit drawing
Dynasoar-mar1959.png

The Dynasoar as designed in March 1959

Last edited:

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
You know what I want. :blink:

Attachments

• orion1.jpg
    orion1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You know what I want. :blink:
orion1.jpg

You want a red X? :p

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

BTW, here's a look at the X-20 cockpit being developed for someone else's X-20 sim, good for ideas: http://astronautix.com/craft/dynasoar.htm (Scroll down, the thumbnail's on the right)

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Ah yes! The Orion interior, I can see it now, Eagle.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was hoping the Gilgamesh transport by gregburch
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3427"]Local Space Transport[/ame]

And the workpods
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2866"]Pod 3.0[/ame]

vchamp

Reaction score
VC for X-20 would be very interesting. I will probably try to make it, but I think it will be simple without many systems. It is good that the source code is included in X-20 release.

Currently I have not decided which vessel will be next. I am planning to fix all small bugs in previous addons first and make a better interior and maybe some systems in TX.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
How about the Orion spacecraft? I mean the current VC for Orion isn't the best and there are pictures of concepts of what the Orion Cabin might look like.

vchamp

Reaction score
I thought that CEV Orion is in active development by Francis Drake. I like the layout of interior in the current version of Orion and wish that its cockpit was fully detailed and functional.